Central Polytechnic College, Vattiyoorkavu was established in 1958 and has been providing the best education in Kerala. The college is approved by AICTE and is affiliated to the State Board of Technical Education (SBTE). The College offers 3year diploma courses in Civil, Mechanical, Electrical & Electronics, Electronics, Textile Technology, and Computer Engineering. Many multinational companies and Indian companies including WIPRO, EVASOFT, HCL, Larson, MRF, QUEST GLOBAL, etc., have visited the College for recruiting the students.
To get admission into this college, the candidates should have passed 10th standard. The college also offers Lateral admission to all the DIploma courses.
Central Polytechnic College Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1958 | Government|
|Approved by||All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)|
|Affiliated to||State Board of Technical Education|
|Courses Offered||6 Courses across one stream|
|Popular Courses||Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Textile Technology and Computer Engineering.|
|Application Mode||Both online and offline|
|Admission Criteria||Merit-based & Entrance Test|
|Top Recruiters||WIPRO, QUEST GLOBAL, MRF, Larsen and Toubro, THOUGHT WORKS, EVASOFT, HCL, Tata Elexi, Centum Electronics, KELTRON, Acsia Technologies Pvt. Ltd. etc|
|Campus Area||21 Acres|
|Facilities Available||Library, Hostel, Sports|
Central Polytechnic College Courses
The institute offers 6 diploma courses.This section will deal with detailed information about these courses:
|Course Name||Specialization||Duration||Approved Intake||Eligibility Criteria|
|Civil Engineering||3 years||60||Candidates must have pass 10th standard|
|Electrical & Electronics Engineering||60|
Apart from the above mentioned courses, the college also offers certificate courses, vocational training and some short term courses.
Central Polytechnic College Admission
The admission into this College takes place through a single-window system. A candidate can get access in this College based on their grade in SSLC/THSLC or any equivalent Examination. The Centralised Allotment Process will be done through the Single Window System (SWS) of allotment to give allotment to various Central Polytechnic College programs.
How to apply?
- The application form must be submitted through online. The application fee is INR 150 only (INR 75 for SC/ST students).
- Candidates who want to register can apply on the given website
- Applicants should fill all the necessary data like personal details, educational details, and other qualifications accurately.
- After filling the application form for the desired course, they should upload their photo. Candidates must pay the application fees through the online mode of payment.
- Candidates who meet the eligibility criteria and documents verified can submit the registration fees for the admission to the course.
Documents to be submitted at the time of admission are:
- Birth certificate
- Nativity certificate
- Original mark list of qualifying examination SSLC/ THSLC or equivalent with a Photocopy of it.
- Community certificate
- For any educational fee waiver, income certificate
- Original certificate of disability issued by the Medical Board and fitness certificate from the Medical officer (For physically challenged).
Central Polytechnic College Placements
Like any other Polytechnic college, this College also has a Training and Placement Cell, which handles all the placements organized on the campus. It contains many placement related activities like aptitude training, soft skills, mock interview guide, etc.to. energize the confidence of students.
For diploma courses: 60 students placed out of 360 with an average salary of INR 1.2LPA. Some of the institute's top recruiters include names like WIPRO, QUEST GLOBAL, MRF, Larsen and Toubro, THOUGHT WORKS, EVASOFT, HCL, Tata Elexi, Centum Electronics, KELTRON, Asia Technologies Pvt. Ltd., etc. The students were also placed through Offcampus recruitments by Companies Such as Triassic Solutions. Intimate Machines, etc.
Central Polytechnic College Facilities
The following are the facilities provided in the College to meet the needs of the students as well as faculty
- Hostel: The College offers hostel facilities for boys enrolled in various courses. The College does not provide hostel facilities for the girl students.
- Classrooms: The College has a total of 14 spacious classrooms to meet the academic needs of the students; also, a Wi-Fi facility is provided for better connectivity
- PlayGround/ Outdoor Games: The College has an extensive garden inside the college campus, which is used for Athletics Meets, Inter-class Football, and Cricket, etc.
- Library: The College has a vast library. It has more than 32050 books, 18 national journals for the students. E-library is also available.
Central Polytechnic College Faculty
The faculty of the college is well experienced and expert in their own fields or work. The principal of the college is Bindu Vasudevan who is an experienced academician and administrator with over 23 years of experience in the Department of Technical Education, Government of Kerala. Some of the faculty members are listed below:
- Rajalekshmi G R
Designation: Head of Civil Engineering Department
- Joshy R S
Designation: Head of Mechanical Engineering Department
- Manoj P S
Designation: Head of Computer Science Department
Central Polytechnic College FAQS
Ques. What is the location of Central Polytechnic College?
Ans. The College is located at Vattiyoorkavu, Thiruvananthapuram, PIN code: 695013. It is well connected with other parts of the city and is at a good location.
Ques. Does CPTC provide any financial assistance for the students?
Ans. Yes, CPTC provides many scholarships to students who are in need . These scholarships/financial assistance is majorly based on merit and are in the form of fee waivers. Other scholarships for SC/ST students and EWS students are also given as per the norms of Kerala Government.
Ques. Does the Central Polytechnic college provide hostel accommodation for both boys and girls?
Ans. No, hostel accommodation is only provided for boys. Hostel accommodation is not provided to girls. The hostel fee per month is about INR 310. Girls can either choose to travel to college daily or can find PG for themselves nearby.
Ques. What are the employment opportunities for Electronic Engineering students who pursue their Diploma from CPTC?
Ans. The students after taking their Diploma degree from CPTC can work as service technicians, supervisors, technical assistants and can also be placed in Mobile manufacturers like Nokia, Motorola etc.
Ques. What are the facilities provided by the computer science department of CPTC?
Ans. The Computer Engineering Department facilitates IT-related activities of the college like Campus Networking, On-line Tests, Digital Library, and also Language lab facility.