Gitam university offers Distance education which is approved by UGC and DEB as well. Distance education in this university came into existence in 2009. It offers various levels of degree programs such as Diploma, Undergraduate and Postgraduate programs. Some of the courses that are offered are Diploma in communicative English, Diploma in Computer application, BA, Bcom, MBA etc.
The programmes offered are further divided as Semester wise and Year Wise. The Qualification for admission differs from course to course. Students are offered admission based on Merit prepared according to the previous qualifying degree and Entrance test.
Application forms are available online and can be downloaded from official websites and can also be procured in person.
Gitam University Distance Education: Important Dates
|Last date||March 31, 2021|
Gitam University Distance Education: Course Highlights
|Approved by||AICTE, UGC, DEB|
|Accredited with||NAAC A+ grade|
|Type of Programme||Semester wise /Year wise.|
|Courses offered||B.A., B.Com, M.A., M.Sc., M.Com, MCA, MBA etc.|
|Admission criteria||Merit/Entrance exam/Interview|
|Facilities||SMS facility, Study material, Library etc.|
Gitam University Distance Education: Rankings
Gitam University Distance Education: Courses Offered
|BA||Eligibility - 10+2 pass with relevant subjects from a recognised board of Andhrapradesh state or any examination recognised by the GITAM University.
Duration- 3 years
|B.Com||Eligibility- 10+2 pass with relevant subjects from a recognised board of Andhrapradesh state or any examination recognised by the GITAM University.
Selection criteria - Merit and Entrance marks Duration -2 years
|MA||Specialization- English and Economics
Eligibility- For English
|MBA||Specialization- General and HRM
Eligibility- Bachelor’s degree with relevant subjects except for BFA & BOL from an institute recognised by the university
Selection criteria - Merit based on Academic performance and Entrance exam
Duration - 2 years
Gitam University Distance Education: Admission
Admission to the Centre for Distance learning happens in 2 cycles that is January and June. College admission process is available Offline/Online .Form of the same can be either downloaded or procured from the university in person.
- For Undergraduate courses, the admission is based on the Merit marks of the candidates and ranked obtained GAT Entrance test conducted by the University.
- For Postgraduate courses, admission is based on Merit marks and rank obtained in the GAT entrance test conducted by the university.
- For Diploma courses offered at the GITAM University Distance education Merit marks obtained in the qualifying degree.
How to apply?
For Online mode
- For Online mode, the candidate can register themselves on the official website of CDL, GITAM university
- For clicking on the banner Online Admissions the candidates can register themselves by filling in details Degree, Programme, Group of subjects, Medium, etc
- Fill in the Personal details such as Name, Date of Birth, Filling the centre for the entrance exam.
- Furnish the Submitted fee details which can be submitted through DD, or other mode transaction such as Net Banking, Credit card etc.
- Lastly fill in other details such as Address, work experience etc and register themselves.
For Offline mode
The Candidates can download the application form from the official website of the institute.
- After Downloading the application form the candidate must take the print out of the same. Then the Candidate must fill up the necessary details like Name, Date of Birth, Course type etc.
- Then the candidates must fill in info like Educational details, Contact details, Personal details, Examination details etc.
- The candidate must enclose the documents such as Certificate, Date of birth proof along with the Demand draft of total fees in the favour of the university.
- And Submit the Application form along with documents at the CDL, University.
Gitam University Distance Education: Faculty
|Designation||No. of faculty|
|Director, Admission & Academic affairs||1|
|Deputy director & MBA program coordinator||1|
|Online & MCA program coordinator||1|
Gitam University Distance Education: FAQs
Ques. How to interact with teachers and administration at Gitam university distance education.
Ans. To interact with teachers and administration at the Gitam university distance education, the candidate can use the SMS facility provided by the centre. The student can also login to the website students portal and reach out to the teachers. The students can also use the X-learn portal available at the website.
Ques. What is the evaluation pattern followed by the Gitam university distance education
Ans. For MBA the evaluation is based on the semester-based examination whereas for other courses available Yearly exams are conducted by the Centre. Other modes of evaluation include the Assignments.
Ques. Where to find previous year question papers for courses available at Gitam university distance education?
Ans. The student can download it from the official website. Previous year question papers can be downloaded.
Ques. What are the options for a post-graduate diploma available at item university distance education?
Ans. Only one postgraduate diploma is available at Gitam university distance education. Postgraduate Diploma in Communication Skills of one-year duration.
Ques. Diploma courses offered at Gitam university distance education are?
Ans. Diploma courses offered at Gitam university distance education are offered in Communicative English, Computer application and Environment and sustainable management. The criteria are different according to the course.
Ques. What is the fee for admission to Gitam university distance education?
Ans. Gitam university distance education registration for admission in 2021 is INR1000. Beside this Fee differs according to the course. For example, for a BA course, the 1st-year fee is INR 3000.