Vivekanand Business School (VBS), Mumbai is ranked as the top 12th Business School in Mumbai and 74th in the Top 100 B Schools category PAN India by The Times of India B-School Survey 2021. VBS offers a PGDM program, approved by AICTE. Admission to the VBS Mumbai is done on the basis of merit and national or state entrance examinations. Since its inception, VBS has been creating opportunities for students to meet industry leaders through case discussions, internships, and live programs. The students are constantly encouraged to organize and head events such as summits, cultural events, panel discussions, and many more. The placement cell of VBS has a record of placing 89% of students in the year 2019-2020. The highest domestic salary package is recorded at INR 12.41 LPA whereas the highest international salary package is recorded at INR 15 LPA.
Vivekanand Business School Highlights
|Recognized by||NBA, AIU, AACSB|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Exam|
|Entrance Exam||National: CAT/XAT/MAT/CMAT/GMAT/ATMA
|Top Recruiters||Capgemini, Deloitte, Infoedge, General Mills, Amazon. in, Nomura, Tata Consultancy Services, Reliance Retail|
|Campus Area||9 Acres|
|Facilities Available||Library, Classrooms, Wifi enabled Campus, Auditorium, Cafeteria, Yoga Cell, VESLARC|
|Admission Helpdesk||022-67893000 | 022-25537110|
|Address||Hashu Advani Memorial Complex, 495/497, Collector's Colony, Chembur, Mumbai - 400074|
Vivekanand Business School Ranking and Awards
- Awarded in the category of Leading Administration and Quality Management at the National Educational Excellence Awards and Conference 2020.
- Ranked in Top B-Schools by Business Today.
- Best Emerging Institute in Management Awarded by DNA.
- Awarded with Best Placement Awarded by 9th National Awards in Indian Education.
- Ranked in Top B-Schools of Eminence by Competition Success Review.
- Awarded as Best Business School by ABP News.
- Bronze winner in 9th Indian Management Conclave Award 2018 held at IIM Bangalore.
- Awarded with Best B-School awarded for Innovation in Teaching Pedagogy by 13th World Education Summit.
Vivekanand Business School Courses
VBS offers PGDM in 7 different specializations. Tabulated below are the details for the same:
|PGDM||Business Analytics||Graduation with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks + Obtained a valid score in CAT/XAT/MAT/MH-CET/CMAT/GMAT/ATMA|
|Banking & Finance|
Check: VBS Mumbai Courses & Fees
Vivekanand Business School Admission
VBS Mumbai admission process is done through online mode.
How to Apply?
The candidates can log in to the official website of VBS and fill in the required details. Admission is strictly based on valid marks obtained in various national and state-level exams. The shortlisted candidates will be called for GD and PI rounds.
Accepted Exams for PGDM
Vivekanand Business School Placement
VBS Mumbai has a dedicated Training and Placement Cell, called CGPT which centrally handles all the placements organized on the campus. It organizes mock interviews and expert talks, seminars to build soft skills and confidence in students. They follow a unique methodology comprising of six parameters to achieve the objective. Mentioned below are the key objectives adopted by CGPT:
- SWOT Analysis: To identify opportunities and challenges faced by students such that they can pursue the career path.
- Training: CGPT organizes various skill-based training programs such as soft, logical, negotiation, analytical, and presentation skills to augment the chances of students cracking the job interview.
- Career Guidance Workshop: This workshop is conducted for students to provide them with training on designing a customizing an effective resume by professional experts.
- Career Counselling and Mentoring: The faculty at VBS mentors the students to ensure the all-around development of the students.
- Industry Interaction: CGPT VBS organizes various institute industry engagement activities to help students with interview preparations. The students have to undergo rigorous pre-interview preparation through Mock GD & PI, conducted both by faculty & Industry personnel.
- Internship and Job Support: CGPT also lay great emphasis on summer internship programs. Students are supposed to complete their eight-week internship which is a part of the VBS curriculum.
Here the placement details of the year 2019-2020:
|Total Companies on campus for final placements||201|
|New recruiters on campus||111|
|Recruiters on campus for summer internship||54|
|Average Package||INR 6 LPA|
|Highest Domestic Package||INR 12.41 LPA|
|International package||INR 15 LPA|
The following graph depicts the sector-wise placement of the PGDM batch of 2019-2020:
Check: VBS Mumbai Placement
Vivekanand Business School Scholarship
VBS Mumbai offers various merit and needy scholarships to deserving students. A brief about the same is mentioned below:
Scholarships for Meritorious Students
VBS has always contributed to the tradition of academic excellence through its well-designed academic programs. The institute has always striven to honour students with brilliant academic records by providing them scholarships. A student who has scored brilliantly in their graduation can approach VBS with the mark sheet, and other details, if he/she wishes to take advantage of this scholarship program.
Late Karmayogi Shri. Hashu Advani Merit Scholarship
|Particular||Fees %||Scholarship Amount (INR)|
|First in Merit||50% of First Year Fees||1,76,250|
|Second in Merit||30% of First Year Fees||1,05,750|
|Third in Merit||20% of First Year Fees||70,500|
|Fourth in Merit||10% of First Year Fees||35,250|
|Fifth in Merit||10% of First Year Fees||35,250|
Check: VBS Mumbai Scholarship
Vivekanand Business School Faculty
VBS Mumbai has a faculty of highly qualified managers, academicians and administrators. The majority of faculty members are Ph.D holders from IITs and other premier colleges of India. The faculty of VSM interacts with students on a regular basis.
Check: VBS Mumbai Faculty
Vivekanand Business School FAQs
Ques. What is the intake capacity for admission at Vivekanand Business School Mumbai?
Ans. The total seat intake capacity for PGDM program is 180 at VBS Mumbai with a time duration of 2 years including 6 trimesters with compulsory corporate internship.
Ques. What are the documents required with application form at Vivekanand Business School Mumbai?
Ans. The attested photo copies of the following documents should be enclosed along with the application form at the time of submission of application.
- 1 Passport size recent color Photograph
- Photocopies of Academic records including Marksheets and Passing Certificates of SSC, HSC, and Graduation (All Annual / Semester wise Mark Sheets & Passing certificates)
- Photocopy of Entrance Exam Score Card (National / State level)
- Identity proof - Driving License/ Passport/ Aadhaar Card/ Voter Id)
- Nationality proof – Birth Certificate/ School Leaving Certificate/ Passport/ Domicile Certificate
- Any Address Proof
- Caste Certificate (If Applicable)
- Work Experience Letter (If Applicable)
Ques. What type of internships will I get at Vivekanand Business School Mumbai?
Ans. At VBS, student internships are generally offered for a period of 2 months as part of their Summer Internship Program and they also undertake a Management Internship Program of 3 months.
Ques. Who are the top recruiters at Vivekanand Business School Mumbai?
Ans. The top recruiters at VBS Mumbai are Amazon, Prisma Global, Deloitte US, Kotak Life Insurance, Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance, Cadila, Glenmark, Prism Johnson Ltd, Walplast Products, Saint Gobain, Tech Mahindra, Wipro BPO, VIVO, Reliance Jio and many more.
Ques. Does Vivekanand Business School Mumbai provide accommodation facilities?
Ans. Yes. VBS Mumbai provides separate accommodation facilities for male and female students.
Check: VBS Mumbai Hostel