R.A. Podar Ayurved Medical College, Mumbai was established in 1941 comprises of Ayurveda College, Ayurveda Hospital and Institute of Contemporary Ayurved Research and Education in Ayurveda. In the last 60 years the institute has reached to the state where Institute is recognized as the best institute for Ayurved in India.
- The Institute is still rendering its services to the poor persons in the society and simultaneously spreading the holy knowledge of Ayurved throughout the world
- The institute was affiliated to Mumbai University for PG courses and affiliated to MUHS for undergraduate courses
- Department of Sharar Rachana
- Department of Sharir Kriya
- Department of Sanskrit Samhita Sidhant
- It also receives around 25 national & international periodicals
- The library is involving of around 20000 old & recent books.
- Its reference desk offers access to around 100 research thesis done by postgraduate students in this institute