Maharashtra University of Health Sciences (MUHS), Nashik is a higher education institution in Nashik, Maharashtra. The University was established on June 3, 1998, for the purposes of assuring well-mannered and systematic instruction, teaching, training, and research in modern medicine methodology and Indian Systems of Medicine. The university offers various Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Ph.D. and Diploma courses to the candidates in all the branches of health sciences under more than 300 affiliated colleges. Admission to certain courses will be on the basis of Entrance Exams – MBBS (NEET ) and MD-MS (NEET-PG). Candidates applying for Ph.D. courses have to sit for the MUHS-PET Entrance exam.
|Entrance Exam||National-level: NEET UG and NEET PG|
University-level: MUHS CET
|Types of Programs | No. of Programs||UG, PG, Diploma, Certificate & Ph.D. | 264|
|Mode of Registration||Offline|
MUHS Courses with Eligibility
|M.B.B.S||Intermediate(10+2) in Science discipline with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as the mains subjects|
|B.Sc. - Bachelor of Dental Surgery|
|BDS - Bachelor of Dental Surgery and Medicine|
|BAMS - Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery|
|BUMS - Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery|
|BHMS - Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery|
|Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing|
|B.P.Th - Bachelor of Physiotherapy|
|B.O.Th - Bachelor of Occupational Theory|
|BASLP - Bachelor in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology|
|B.Sc. HLS - Bachelor in Hearing, Language, and Speech|
|BPO - Bachelor of Prosthetics and Orthotics|
|MBA in Health Care Administration||B.Sc. graduates in medical science with a minimum of 55% in total aggregate|
|MD - Doctor of Medicine||B.Sc., BAMS, BHMS, and BPO graduates in the relevant subjects with at least 55% in total aggregate|
|MDS - Master of Dental Surgery||BDS graduates with at least 55%|
|PG in Unani Specializations||BUMS graduates in the relevant subjects with at least 55%|
|M.Sc. Nursing||B.Sc. Nursing graduates with a minimum required of total aggregate|
|M.P.Th||B.P.Th graduates with at least 55%|
|M.O.Th||B.O.Th graduates with a minimum of 55% in total aggregate|
|M.A.S.L.P - Masters of Audiology and Speech and Language Pathology||BASLP graduates with a minimum required in total aggregate|
|MPO - Master of Science in Prosthetics and Orthotics||BPO graduates with at least 55%|
|M.Phil in Psychiatric and Social Work||Master degree in Psychiatry with at least 55% in total aggregate|
|Ph.D. in Medical, Dental, Ayurved, Homeopathy, Nursing, Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, and Audiology||MS, MD, M.Sc., or another equivalent course to master degree in the relevant subject with at least 55% total aggregate.|
|Fellowship courses in Medical, Dental, Ayurved, Homeopathy, Nursing, Physiotherapy, and Occupational Therapy|
|UG and PG Diploma Certificate|
|UG Diploma in Ophthalmic Sciences, Dental Hygienist, and Medical Lab Technician||Intermediate(10+2) in Science stream.|
|PG Diploma in Hospital Management, Clinical Pathology, Dermatology, Forensic Medicine, Maxillofacial Surgery, Ayurvedic Dietetics, and many more.||Pass in Bachelors degree with the relevant subjects|
Note: The University also offers super-specialty courses in the field of Medical such as DM (Doctor of Medicine) in Cardiology, Endocrinology, Cardiac Anaesthesia, Medical Oncology, Hematology-Oncology, and Clinical Pharmacology. The minimum eligibility is a Bachelors's degree in medical science with the relevant subjects.
Also, Check: MUHS Fees Structure
MUHS Registration and Application Procedure
Admission to a few courses are done through several entrance exams at national levels, candidates must register on the official websites of the concerned entrance exam. The types of exams accepted as per courses are listed below:
- NEET UG for MBBS and BDS
- NEET PG for MDS
- NEET SS for DM and M.Ch.
Applicants seeking admissions to the rest of the programs such as M.Sc., MBA, M.Ph. and more must register themselves on the official website of the university by following the subsequent steps:
Step 1: Visit the official website of the university(http://www.muhs.ac.in) and download the Admission Brochure.
Step 2: Fill the online form duly and pay application fees of INR 1000 through the Debit/Credit Card
Step 3: Take a printout of the online form and submit it with one set of the required self-attested copies of documents by post to the following address:
Maharashtra University of Health Sciences,
Vani Dindori Road, Mhasrul, Nashik-422 004)
Note: The candidate must write “Name of the Course – Application Form’Year” on the envelope.
MUHS UG Admission
MUHS offers MBBS, BPMT, B.Sc., BPO, BASLP, B.P.Th, and many more programs at the Undergraduate level.
- Admission to these UG programs will be on the basis of marks secured by the candidate in Intermediate (10+2)
- Selection to the MBBS program will be on the basis of marks acquired by the candidate in NEET UG entrance exam.
MUHS PG Admission
The University offers MD, Masters of Unani Studies, MS, MBA, and many other programs at the PG level.
- Selection to the MD, Unani, MS, MDS programs will be on the basis of marks secured in NEET PG Exam.
- MBA / MPH / M.Sc. admissions are based on the CET (Common Entrance Test) conducted by the University.
MUHS Diploma Admission
The University offers PG and UG Diploma in various disciplines. The selection of the postgraduate diplomas will be on the basis of marks secured in NEET PG.
Check: MUHS Admission
Scholarships are offered to those candidates who come from low economic backgrounds.
- The University offers Scholarships to candidates who belong to SC/ST/OBC quota if they secure 75% in their Higher Secondary Examination.
- Students who hail from Economically low backgrounds are eligible for a scholarship.
- The scholarship is provided to candidates who are Physically challenged.
- University sponsors a scholarship under the Sports Quota.
- Laboratory: All laboratories have well-equipped apparatus and lab assistants who help students conduct their experiments.
- Gymnasium: The University has a gym that is equipped with all the necessary equipment for the students.
- Cafeteria: The cafeteria serves hygienic food and is maintained by a separate mess staff.
- Digital Library: The Library is web-based electronic storage that enables accessing information from a remote location. MUHS has developed a Digital Library Network for the dissemination of health science information. The Digital Library at MUHS will be the nerve center of the Health Science Library & Information Network.