Kerala Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, also known as KVASU founded by the government of Kerala. The University possesses 3 major departments including the Department of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, the Department of Dairy Science and, the Department of poultry science and holds eight constituent colleges in various districts of Kerala. The college comes among the top colleges of veterinary and animal sciences. And also it has been ranked 8th by the ICAR (Indian Council of Agricultural Research).
College of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Mannuthy is a college under Kerala Veterinary and Animal Sciences University. It was established in 1995. The college is progressively working to contribute to the Animal Husbandry sector's development. Dr. C Latha is the Dean and Dr. P.V. Tresamol is the Associate Dean of this college.
The courses offers by the KVASU are B.V.Sc & AH, B.Sc, B.Tech at undergraduate level and M.V.Sc, M.Tech, M.S., and M.Sc. at postgraduate level. The college also provides Ph.D. programs. Entrance examinations like NEET-UG, KEAM, and AIEEA-UG are accepted for admission to UG courses. PG and Ph.D. admissions are accepted based on merit in University Written Exam.
The University has numerous memorandum of understanding with various National and Foreign Universities all over the world. The University also has received the Chancellor's Award for the Emerging Young University for subsequent years ( 2016- 2017) & (2017-2018). The University also disperses a large amount of money (2.70 Crores approximately) every year in the form of several scholarships and fellowships.
Also Read: KVASU Distance Education
KVASU, College of Veterinary and Animal Sciences Mannuthy, Thrissur Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1995 | Government|
|Affiliation||Kerala Veterinary and Animal Sciences University|
|Set by||Govt. of Kerala|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Exam conducted by University (CEE) & NEET|
|Scholarship||Merit and Merit cum means Basis|
KVASU College Courses
Kerala Veterinary and Animal Sciences University offers Bachelor’s, Diploma, Masters, and Ph.D. courses. It includes B.V.Sc. & AH, B.Sc., B.Tech., M.V.Sc., M.Tech, MS, M.Sc., Diploma, PG Diploma, and Ph.D.
|B.V.Sc. & A.H||Duration – 5 Years
Eligibility: Have passed 10+2 Higher Secondary Examination with 50% aggregate in physics, chemistry, biology, and English. 45% for OBC and 40% for SC/ST
|B.Sc.||Duration: 3 Years
Eligibility: Must have passed 10+2 with 50% aggregate in physics, chemistry, biology, and English
Subject Offered: Poultry Production and Business Management
|B.Tech||Duration: 4 Years
Eligibility: 50% aggregate marks in PCM in 12 with a minimum of 50% marks in maths
Selection Criteria: KEAM
Subjects Offered: Dairy Technology and Food Technology
|M.V.Sc||Duration: 2 Years
Eligibility: Must have completed B.V.Sc from a recognized university with an OGPA of 6.0/10 or 50% marks. 5.5/10 for SC/ST
|M.Tech||Duration: 2 Years
Eligibility: Bachelor's degree in Dairy Science and technology/Dairy technology with an OGPA of 6.0/10 or 50% marks. 5.5/10 OGPA for SC/ST
Additional Benefits: Scholarship amount of 4000/month
|M.S||Duration: 2 Years
Subject Offered: Wildlife Study
|M.Sc.||Duration: 2 Years
Subjects Offered: Biostatistics, Quality Control in Dairy Industry, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Applied Microbiology, Animal Biotechnology and Animal Sciences
|Ph.D.||Duration: 3 Years
Eligibility: Masters degree in respective field by a recognized university with an OGPA of 7.5/10 and 7.0/10 for SC/ST
Subjects Offered: Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Dairy Sciences and Technology, Biosciences, Climate Change in Animal Agriculture
Read More: KVASU Courses & Fee Details
KVASU College Admission
Admission to all the courses at KVASU are strictly Entrance-Based. Candidates will have to appear and qualify in a relevant entrance exam. The entrance accepted for the courses are as follows:
- For B.V.Sc & AH you need to qualify the NEET-UG exam.
- For B.Tech , the students are required to give the KEAM (Kerala Engineering Agricultural Medical) exam which is conducted by the CEE (Commissioner of Entrance Exams) or they can give AIEEA UG.
- For Admission into B.Sc and PG courses, you need to appear in the exam conducted by the university itself.
- Selection in all the P.G Diploma courses and P.hD programs is done completely based on marks obtained in the written exam conducted by the university, and afterward interview followed by counseling.
How to Apply?
- The candidates who are willing to apply can submit their application forms online on the official site of the university.
- The candidates need to fill the application form and upload their passport size photograph and signature.
- The Size of the photograph should not exceed 30 Kb.
- Then the application form needs to be submitted along with the application fee.
It can be done in given any of the two ways:
- Demand Draft: Before filling the application form, demand draft in favor of Kerala Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Pookode payable at Kalpetta for Rs. 1000/- and Rs. 500 for SC/ST has to be submitted. The details of the demand draft to be entered in the application form and the original is to be sent to the university along with the application.
- Online payment: Payment can also be done through debit/credit cards or using internet banking. A payment of Rs. 1020/- for general category and Rs. 520/- for SC/ST. After submitting the fees the receipt of the application form and fee receipt has to be printed out.
All candidates are requested to send the application form along with the original demand draft or copy of the fee receipt to The Director (Academics & Research), Kerala Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Pookode, Lakkidi P.O, Wayanad, Kerala, Pin 673576’ by writing “Application for the admission to ____ Programme (Payment Mode:____ )”
KVASU College Placements
Most of the people after completing their courses usually get jobs in Banks and other places. Around 50% of the students get placed. The highest salary offered was around 5 Lakhs per annum and the lowest was 1.5 LPA. Majorly students were appointed for technical superintendent, quality analyst, and few other roles.
Internships are mandatory for all the students of the college. Some of the top recruiting companies of KVASU are Amarai, Milky Mist, Milma, and other organizations.
Read More: KVASU Placement
KVASU College Scholarships
Scholarships are given in Kerala Veterinary and Animal Sciences University(KVASU) and other affiliated colleges in the following way:
- KVASU provides scholarships to all the top 10% meritorious students in each batch of the undergraduate program.
- A maximum of 12 merit cum means scholarships are given to financially backward students of each undergraduate batch of B.V.Sc.&A.H .and B.Tech. (Dairy Sci. 8c Tech.) of all colleges under KVASU.
- Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and Senior Research Fellowship (SRF) are awarded to the students admitted to postgraduate and P.hD courses. Research grants are given to these students.
- The university disperses around 2.70 crores per annum in the form of various scholarships, fellowships, and assistantships.
Read More: KVASU Scholarship
KVASU College Facilities
Practically, every facility which is needed is provided by the university to the students and faculty. This college has been among the top colleges in Kerala for a long time, due to Well-experienced faculty and hard-working students. Some of the major facilities which draw our major concern are given below:-
- Transport – You can easily get transportation facilities to reach the college as it is located near NH 212. It has a nearby bus stop too and a railway station 60 km apart.
- Research Centres - KVASU has the All India Coordinated Research Project on Poultry Center for Advanced Studies in Poultry Science, and Center for Advanced Studies in Animal Breeding and Genetics at Mannuthy.
- Library – The well-developed library along with the web gives access to a lot of e-journals, books. Additionally all the latest books and journals are present offline which can be accessed by the faculty and students anytime.
- Hostels – Hostel amenities are confined and will be provided to students based on accommodation on the campus. Those who don't get hostel facilities have to look for their arrangements.
KVASU College Faculty
With exceptionally qualified personnel at Kerala Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (KVASU), the organization is focused on conferring solid educational establishments and qualities in the hearts, thoughts, and activities of things to come directors.
Currently, the VC of the KVASU is Prof. (Dr). M R Saseendranath. The establishment has an aggregate of 100+ educators out of which most of them are M.Tech graduates and some of them are P.hD holder alumni of the same college. 7 educators are moved on from the first-rate colleges. Most of them are involved in the research and development in regards to the animal husbandry and veterinary sciences.
Know More: KVASU Faculty
Ques. What is the location of KVASU University?
Ques. Which other facilities does the university provide?
Ques. What is the eligibility of doing a Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology?
Ques. Is NEET required for a Lab technician?