The Directorate of Oilseeds Research (DOR) came into existence on 1 August, 1977. It was formerly known as All India Coordinated Research Project on Oilseeds (AICORPO) with the Headquarters at Rajendranagar, Hyderabad. It operated with a Project Director as its administrative head and seven Project Coordinators for groundnut, rapeseed-mustard, sesame, safflower, linseed, castor, sunflower and niger. Subsequently, groundnut and rapeseed-mustard were delinked from the Directorate with the establishment of National Research Centre for each of these crops during 1979 and 1993 respectively. In April 2000, the AICRP on Sesame & Niger and Linseed have been separated from the administrative control of DOR. The Directorate has in its fold the mandate of working on castor, safflower and sunflower.
DOR is located at the Professor Jayashankar Telangana State Agricultural University (PJTSAU) Campus [formerly Acharya NG Ranga Agricultural University (ANGRAU) campus)
- ICAR Oilseeds Institutes- DGR, Junagadh, Bharatpur, Jabalpur, Indore AICRP, SESAME and Niger, Kanpur etc.
- ICAR Institutes- Hyderabad, Cuttack, Kanpur, New Delhi, DSR, Pusa, Jabalpur, Bhubaneswar, IIPR, Kanpur etc.
- State Agricultural Universities
- Public and Private Seed Entrepreneurs
- Processers and Exporters Association: SOPA, SEA, COOIT
- International Institute: ICRISAT
- Analysis of mode of inheritance of Fusarium wilts resistance in
- Genetic variability for root, shoot and water use efficiency traits in castor
- Current status and potential of bio pesticides in pest management in oilseeds castor
- Tree borne oilseeds for agroforestry
- Maintainer/restorer identification for different CMS lines in Sunflower
- Library- The library has more than 10000 collections of books, bonds and volumes. It subscribes 74 national and 18 international journals. Library has a large amount of CDs, Annual reports and projet reports etc.
- Labs- The Soil Science and Agricultural Chemistry laboratory is equipped with sophisticated equipments like Atomic absorption spectrophotometer, Autoanalyser, Kjeltech system, UV visible spectrophotometer, flame photometer. Laboratory is capable of providing soil and plant analysis services to farmers and other private organizations on payment basis.
- Farms- DOR has full-fledged farm facilities for conducting precision field experiments in various disciplines and for undertaking seed production of varieties, hybrids, parents with the needed isolation and crop rotation. DOR has three research farms at Rajendranagar and Narkhoda farms for Alfisols and ICRISAT farm for Vertisols.
- Seminar Hall- It has two Seminar halls. First seminar hall has the capacity of 102 persons and second has 77 peoples.
- Farmers’ Mela- An exhibition related to agriculture, plant protection and seeds participate and display the potential products pertaining to oilseeds.
- Rythughosti- An interface meeting between the farmers and scientists is arranged for knowledge dissemination on oilseeds production technololgy.
- DOR has received the Sardar Patel Outstanding ICAR Institution award 2008 under the smaller institutes category
- The Directorate is a recipient of best annual report award for the year 2008-09
- Recipient of Chaudhury Devi Lal Outstanding AICRP Award 2005.