The Indian Institute of Oilseeds Research is located at Rajendranagar, Hyderabad. It is popularly known as IIOR Hyderabad and was established in 1967. The institute provides students with Ph.D. degrees in Agriculture and it is approved by the ICAR- Indian Council of Agricultural Research. It started operations with an administrative head and with the aid of seven other project coordinators. The NTA (National Testing Agency) conducts the AICE JRF/SRF Ph.D. entrance examination for the admission of students into the institute. The candidate applying for admission shall have an M.Sc. degree in the field with a minimum of 60% of marks.
Indian Institute of Oilseeds Research Hyderabad Highlights
Indian Institute of Oilseeds Research Hyderabad Courses
Tabulated below is the Ph.D. course imparted at the IIOR Hyderabad facility:
|Ph.D.||Agriculture||Eligibility: Passed M.Sc. with minimum 60% aggregate for general/OBC/EWS and 50% for SC/ST/PwD category. Duration: 3 years|
Indian Institute of Oilseeds Research Hyderabad Admission
The students willing to take admission in ICAR affiliated colleges for UG and PG will have to give AIEEA. On the other hand, students seeking admission for Ph.D. programs will have to give AICE-SRF (PGS)
How to Apply?
- The selection procedure of the student will be based upon his/her marks in the entrance exam and their merit rank.
- For tie-breakers, marks in the Master’s degree and then age will be considered.
- As per previous years, the cut-off marks for General/OBC and UPS categories have been 50% while for SC/ST and PC has been 40%.
Indian Institute of Oilseed Research Hyderabad Placement
The institute does not provide placement opportunities or campus interviews. But the qualification is in good demand in the agricultural society and government organizations. Ph.D. scholars can apply for career opportunity interviews with ICAR, seed research companies.
Jobs are released under government employment opportunities across India. Due to international collaborations, jobs outside of India may also be available. But usually, career opportunities out of India request 3 to 5 years of work experience.
Indian Institute of Oilseed Research Hyderabad Scholarship
The institute does not provide scholarships. But students are facilitated to get scholarships from the government through the Telangana ePass facility. The Ph.D. course at IIOR come under the Group 1 of Telangana ePass facility. There are scholarships available for women which enable complete reimbursement of the fees paid for tuitions. There are scholarships available for students from SC, ST, and OBC categories.
Indian Institute of Oilseed Research Hyderabad Faculty
The faculties are highly knowledgeable and qualified to guide the students through various difficulties and doubts. The faculty of IIOR is divided into Research and Service sections. The Research section looks into crop improvement, crop production, crop protection, and Social Sciences, while service sections are more into administration and knowledge management.
Following are some of the popular faculty members of the institute:
- Chief Technical Officer - 2
- Technical Officer - 10
- Technician - 7
Indian Institute of Oilseed Research Hyderabad Facilities
The focus of the institute is on research in agriculture. Accordingly, specific facilities are made available for the students during their tenure with the institution.
- Research Farms: Rajendranagar Farm, Narkhoda Farm, ICRISAT Farm are some of the forms where research on crop seeds, hybrid variants, and genetic mutations are studied
- Hostel: Facilities available for students on campus and at farms as well.
- Library: Library with a list of foreign and Indian journals available
- Laboratories: Agronomy and Agromet Lab are created to conduct genetic research in seeds. Laboratories are also created alongside specific farms. This helps to conduct onsite research on plants, seeds, and soil.
Indian Institute of Oilseed Research Hyderabad FAQs
Ques. Is there any public or private collaboration of organizations with this institute?
Ques. What are the facilities available in this institute?
Ques. Is the hostel facility available in this institute?
Ques. How is the faculty of the institute?
Ques. What are the achievements/awards of this institute?