The Synthetic & Art Silk Mills Research Association (SASMIRA) is a cooperative venture set up by the human-made textile industry of India. SASMIRA has been awarded:
- Board on Awards for import substitution. Government of India for developing Perspirometer in 1969.
- A Silver Shield from Indian Merchants' Chamber for outstanding achievements towards import substitution through instrumentation.
- A certificate of Award by the Board of Awards for import substitution to developing Stiffness Tester in 1975.
- Society of India Aerospace Technologies and Industries (SIATI) award for "Excellence in Aerospace indigenization" for development of Contour Woven Socks used in Light Combat Aircraft in 1996.
The Institute offers 3 Diploma, 4 Management, 4 Designing, and few Business courses to students through its various Schools.
Here are some quick facts about SASMIRA institute:
|Degree ||Undergraduate, Postgraduate, and Research|
|Application fee||INR 200|
|Area of studies||Management, Business, Fashion Designing, and Commerce|
|Contact|| 022 2493 5351|
SASMIRA offers various courses through its various schools. Details of all the major courses are given below:
|Diploma in Man-Made Textile Technology (DMTT)||60||50% aggregate marks in 10+2||Sasmira’s Institute of Man-Made Textiles|
|Diploma in Man-Made Textile Chemistry (DMTC)||60|
|Diploma in Knitting Technology (DKT)||30|
|PGDM MBA (Dual Specialization)||60||Graduate with 50% aggregate marks + CMAT/MH-CET/MAT/ATMA/XAT/JMET||Sasmira’s Institute of Management Studies and Research.|
|Master of Management Studies (MMS)||120||Graduation with 50% aggregate marks.|
|Master in Marketing Management (MMM)||-||Bachelor’s degree recognized by the Association of Indian Universities.|
|Ph.D. ||-||Master’s degree with 55% marks in relevant field|
|B.Sc (IT)||60||10+2 from Maharashtra Board with 45% aggregate marks||Sasmira Institute of Commerce & Science|
|B.Com (Accounting & Finance)|
|B.Com (Banking & Insurance)|
|Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS)|
|B.Sc (Fashion Design)||-||10+2 from Maharashtra Board with 45% aggregate marks||Fashion Designing, Textile Designing & Merchandising (STEP)|
Fee of course at SASMIRA is given below:
|PGDM MBA (Dual Specialization)||2,50,000 (annually)|
|Master of Management Studies (MMS)||1,45,000 + Other charges|
|Master in Marketing Management (MMM)||50,000 (annual)|
Read More: SASMIRA Courses & Fee
Admissions at SASMIRA is either entrance based or Merit based. Applicants may apply online by filling up the application form on the official website. However, the candidate also needs to register at DTE, Maharashtra website for counseling.
After filling the application form, send it to SASMIRA at Mumbai with a demand draft.
Application Fees is INR 250 (DD) and INR 200 (in cash).
Documents required at the time of submitting application form are:
- Attested Xerox copies of HSC, SSC, and Graduation Mark sheets and Passing Certificates.
- Address Proof
- Leaving certificate from the institute last attended
- Two passport size photograph (35X35 mm) (one pasted to form and other stapled to form)
Schools of SASMIRA are:
- Centre of Excellence for Agrotextiles (COE).
- Sasmira’s Institute of Man-made Textiles (SIMMT)
- Sasmira’s Institute of Management Studies and Research (SIMSR)
- Sasmira’s Institute of Commerce & Science (SICS)
- Sasmira’s Business School (SBS)
- Fashion Designing, Textile Designing & Merchandising (SETP).
Ques. Who are the recruiting companies at STEP School?
Ans. Some of the recruiters of the Fashion & Designing field are Birla Century, D & J, DMart, Ginza, KBI, status quo, firstcry.com, GM Fabrics, Orbit exports ltd, etc.
Ques. Are there any scholarships at SASMIRA?
Ans. SASMIRA provide merit awards, scholarships, and freeship to students. Currently, there are:
- Three merit awards
- Eleven merit scholarships
- Thirteen freeships
Freeship and stipends are provided to the children of primary teachers and freedom fighters.