Amity School of Communication (ASCO) is one of the best institute of communication. It was established in the year1999 by Ritnana Balved Education Foundation. The college is offering undergraduates, postgraduates and research programmes.It has over 800 students on its rolls and where supreme emphasis is laid on providing the most modern and sophisticated learning environment coupled with rich Indian heritage, value system and Sanskars.
- It aims to produce professionals in Indian Media industry and uses a blended approach of western educational techniques in a most high tech campus with the indigenous traditions so as to meet successfully the challenges of the modern day communication scenario
- Some of the popular programs of ASCO are Master’s in Marketing Management, Master’s in Journalism and Mass Communication, Master’s in Film and Television Production, Bachelor’s in Journalism and Mass Communication and Post graduate Diploma in Event Management and Public Relations and Masters in Business Administration (Media Management)
- The college has organise various cultural and academic activities for exploring the students’ talent and effective learning
- The institute is affiliated with Amity University and its MBA degree is recognized by University Grants Commission (UGC).
- Paper on Role of Community Radio in Women Empowerment
- Paper on The Economics and Sociology of Contemporary Journalism
- Paper on Reality TV and Cultural Shift for 18th AMIC Annual Conference (2009)
- Book cover for Khandege Naaz by Sher Singh Naaz Dehlvi, Naaz Memorial Society (2006)
- Paper on Popularity vs Credibilty
- Paper Presented at AUR at International conference on “Changing Paradigms of Media Landscape in the Digital age issues and perspectives”, March 2011
- Research article “Market Leader v/s Market followers” in Advertising Express, Feb 2011
- Development of Media Studies in India-All India Radio Oversees
- Development of Education in India-Talk on AIR by Ms. Nipunika Shah
Placement Chart : 2009-2010
Name of Programme
No. of student place through Institute
No. of Students Eligible for Placements
- The college has been ranked at no. 5 by India Today 2013
- In 2011, the institute was ranked No.44 by the Outlook Magazine among best B-Schools in the country and No. 41 by Business Today.
Scholarships for Programmes after 10+2
Eligibility- 93% aggregate and above (excluding Physical Education/ Fine Arts / Performing Arts / vocational / non written subjects) in CBSE or ICSE Board of Class XII, 2014
Eligibility- 88% aggregate and above (excluding Physical Education/ Fine Arts / Performing Arts / vocational / non written subjects) in CBSE or ICSE Board of Class XII, 2014
Scholarships for Programmes after Graduation
Eligibility - Students securing 93% aggregate and above ((excluding Physical Education/ Fine Arts / Performing Arts / vocational / non written subjects) in CBSE/ ICSE Board of Class XII and 80% in Graduation
Eligibility - Students securing 88% aggregate and above (excluding Physical Education/ Fine Arts / Performing Arts / vocational / non written subjects) in CBSE/ ICSE Board of Class XII and 75% in Graduation.