Cachar College is a reputed institute of higher learning situated in Silchar in south Assam, and established in 1960. It is accredited by UGC and is affiliated with Assam University and the Assam Higher Secondary Education Council and also supported by the Government of Assam.
Cachar College offers both Higher Secondary Courses and undergraduate courses in Arts, Science and Commerce.It has sixteen departments in Arts, Science and Commerce like BA, BSc, B.Com.
Undergraduate applicants need to successfully clear 10+2 examinations to be eligible to apply for admission to any UG program. Candidates are evaluated purely on the basis of their 10+2 marks (as applicable) and those shortlisted must appear before an Admission Committee for document verification and counselling.
The names of shortlisted candidates are published on the college website. Selected candidates have to make the fee payment for admission on the scheduled date. Admissions to both Higher Secondary Courses and undergraduate programs are merit-based
Cachar College Highlights
Following are the major highlights of this college:
|Name of the Institute||Cachar College, Silchar, Assam|
|Year of Establishment||1960|
|Affiliated to||Assam University, Silchar for Under graduate Level of studies Assam Higher Secondary Education Council (AHSEC) for Higher Secondary Courses.|
|Approved by||Government of Assam|
|Institute Type||State Government|
|Courses Available||Under Graduate Courses ( General/ Honours) Higher Secondary Courses|
|Basic Admission criteria||Merit Based|
|Application Mode||Online and Offline|
|Campus Area||6 acres|
Cachar College Courses
The college offers different Undergraduate courses namely:
- Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
|Bachelors of Arts (BA)||Duration: 3 years
Specializations : General, Arabic Hons., Bengali Hons, Economics Hons, English Hons, History Hons, Manipuri Hons, Philosophy Hons, Political Science Hons, Sanskrit Hons
Eligibility: Candidates should have passed the Higher Secondary or its equivalent Examinations conducted by any recognised University/ Board/ Council as the Qualifying Examination.
|Bachelors of Commerce (B.Com)||Duration : 3 years Specialization : General, Business Management Hons, Accountancy and Taxation Hons. Eligibility: Candidates should have passed the Higher Secondary or its equivalent Examinations conducted by any recognised University/ Board/ Council as the Qualifying Examination.|
|Bachelors of Science (B.Sc)||Duration : 3 years
Specializations :General, Botany Hons, Chemistry Hons, Economics Hons, Mathematics Hons, Physics Hons., Zoology Hons.
Eligibility: Candidates should have passed the Higher Secondary or its equivalent Examinations conducted by any recognised University/ Board/ Council as the Qualifying Examination. Candidates need to pass in the particular subject under qualifying examination required for that concerned courses.
Cachar College Admission
Candidates are evaluated purely on the basis of their 10+2 marks (as applicable) and those shortlisted must appear before an Admission Committee for document verification and counselling. The names of shortlisted candidates are published on the college website. Selected candidates have to make the fee payment for admission on the scheduled date.
How to apply?
- Candidates can have their application form for admission for any courses from the official college website online.
- Candidates need to fill all the relevant details and attach all the necessary documents with the application form and submit on the admission portal.
- Application form charges a amount of INR 200 for the application and that can be made through net banking/ credit card/ debit card or any other online mode.
- Candidates must take print outs of the filled up application form and the payment receipts generated and put their signatures on the appropriate space provided for future references.
- Candidates will be informed by the admission committee regarding their selection from the selection list that will be published on the college website and also candidates will be informed through their registered mail id for the relevant information related to the documents required for the admission.
Documents required for the admission procedure for verification
- Print out of the duly filled application form signed by the applicant and parent/guardian of the applicant.
- System generated fee receipts as a proof of payment.
- Cacher college enrolment car ( applicable for candidates who have passed from Cacher college)
- Original and self attested documents of HSLC and HS examinations mark sheet and admit card
- Character and transfer certificates
- Caste certificates, if applicable
- Migration certificates
- Documents/ certificates for sports quota/ NCC/ Scouts and Guides services
- AHSEC/AUS registration card for re-admission.
Cachar College Scholarships
The college has a statutory Committee for Aid and Awards which maintains the mechanism of providing aids to the poor and awards to the meritorious students. College has a separate Scholarship window in the College office. They deal with:
- National Scholarships
- SC/ST/OBC scholarships
Students securing highest marks in Arts, Commerce and Science subjects receive cash awards and certificates by the committee.
By Assam University, two prestigious awards for:
- Soumyajit Guha Merit Award in Bengali ( for Bengali Honours topper in the college)
- Soumyajit Guha Excellence Award in Economics ( for Economics Honours topper in the college)
Cachar College Facilities
The College provides all the amenities to their students to give a comfortable environment where they can learn and enhance their potential of development. Facilities include:
A central library in addition to some departmental libraries to provide a plethora of reading and reference sections, where students can look for different writings and study material related to their courses and requirement. Staff members are allocated for providing a assistance to the students who need the books.
A Digital Library, as a part of the Central library that has been constructed under infrastructural Development Grant provided by the state government, which provides the students as well as the teachers an easy access to the information that is available for their betterment and exploration purposes.
Digital Classroom, with all the modern and ideal facilities that are capable of dealing all the requirement for the faculty members and also provides a construction and setting-up of 2 Digital Classrooms that can adjust 48 students in a batch in each classroom.
Hostel accommodations facility for girls students with a total capacity of 50 students. The desired students will have to apply separately after taking admission in the college for the Hostel facility.
Central Computer Laboratory caters to the need of the students for their practical purposes. The centre is also used for in-house training of the faculty on rotational basis.
Canteen: College has a well-furnished canteen which remains open during class hours and examination days throughout the year. The Canteen authorities keeps a check on the services and quality of food that is been provided by the canteen to the students and to the other teaching and non-teaching staff.
Separate Girls and Boys Common rooms, where students have some in-door and recreational facilities. Staff members are appointed to look after the needs of the students from time to time.
Health Centre: A one-room Health Centre with a trained nurse is arranged by the college authorities for the emergency first aid facilities.
Central Computer Lab: The Central Computer Laboratory caters to the needs of the students of degree programmes who have practical papers on computer applications. The Centre is also used for in-house training of the faculty on rotational basis. With Broadband internet facilities the CCB is all set to be LAN compliant once the fast going automation process in Central Library, administrative wing and academic departments is given final touch
Cachar College Faculty
It has sixteen departments, seventy faculty members drawn from the best institutions of the country and over thirty non-teaching support staff who are always ready to facilitate the academics and other needs of the students and to other members of the college staffs. Classrooms and co-curricular activities are created in such a way that they can last for a lifelong learning. Faculty members are involved in such a way that they can always inculcate a clear sense of discipline, ethical and moral values, love, fellow-feelings and healthy civic sense.
Excellent faculty members are provided in this college for every courses, who have a expertise in their subject knowledge and knowledge on to facilitate the students to improve themselves and work on their weak points. Students were given oppurtunities to clarify their doubts related to the subjects. Faculties have a good command over their subject and that itself portrays the amount of knowledge that they posses. Students were provided with Practical knowledge and other outdoor experiences that helps them to enhance their understanding of each and every concepts that are written in the curriculum. Faculty members have a close eye on the development of the curriculum aspects in such a way that it serves the purposes of the indiviudal cognitive development along with physical development of the student. Parent/Guardians are in touch with the faculty members for a better understanding of all the future needs that the student requires .
Ques. What are Awards and Aids of Cacher college?
Ques. What all other activities are present in the college?
Ques. Does the college have separate shifts for courses?
Ques. On what basis the examination papers are conducted?
Ques. Is there any scholarship provided to the Cacher college Students?
- Govt. Scholarships like National Scholarships, SC/ST/OBC scholarships and any other public schemes of financial aids are processed at the College office.
- Students securing highest marks in Arts, Science and Commerce subjects at College / University / Council examinations receive cash awards and certificates under the aeigis of the Aid and Award Committee.
- Two more prestigious awards have been instituted. Soumyajit Guha Merit Award in Bengali goes to top scorer in Bengali Honours in the College. Soumyajit Guha Excellence Award in Economics goes to the best performer in Economics Honours under Assam University.