Cachar College is one of the finest institutions for higher studies in the north-eastern part of India. It is located in the picturesque town of Silchar, Assam. The college offers both higher secondary and undergraduate courses in Arts, Science, and Commerce. It is affiliated with Assam University and the Assam Higher Secondary Education Council and also supported by the Government of Assam.
- Applications for admission to Cachar Collegecan be submitted online.
- Candidates need to log in to the admission portal newly launched by the college, fill up the details asked for and submit the form online.
- Candidates must pay a fee of INR 200 for the application form through net banking/ debit card/ credit card/cash cards/ online wallets.
- To be eligible to apply for UG courses, candidate should have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with relevant subjects.
- Admissions to undergraduate programs are merit-based.
Check Here:Cachar College Fee Structure
Highlights of Cachar College Admissions
|Name of the college||Cachar College|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Merit-based|
|Last Date to Apply||June 2020|
|Application Mode||Online and Offline|
Cachar College BA, B.Sc. and B.Com Admission 2020
Cachar College Silchar offers undergraduate courses in Arts, Commerce, and Science. Undergraduate applicants need to successfully clear 10+2 examination to be eligible to apply for admission to any UG program. Candidates are evaluated purely on the basis of their 10+2 marks (as applicable) and those shortlisted must appear before an Admission Committee for document verification and counselling. The names of shortlisted candidates are published on the college website. Selected candidates have to make the fee payment for admission on the scheduled date.
|Course Name||Specialization||Minimum Eligibility||Selection Criteria|
|B.A||English||Pass marks in 12th examination with relevant subjects from a recognized higher secondary board.||10th/ 10+2 Marks, evaluation by Admission Committee.|
|B. Com||Business Management|
|Accountancy and Taxation|
- Maximum student intake in HS for each of the 3 streams (Arts, Commerce and Science) is 300.
- Maximum student intake for B. Sc and B. Com courses is 300 while for B.A it is 350.
- Fee amount for HS first year is Rs. 3, 325 for male students and Rs. 2, 785 for female students.
- Fee amount for TDC 1st semester is Rs. 3, 795 for Arts and Commerce Honours and Rs. 4, 525 for Science Honours.
- Students who have cleared HSLC/HS examination from boards other than SEBA must pay an additional amount of Rs. 500 along with the regular fee for each course.
Cachar College Application Process 2020
Application forms for admission to any program at the college are available online.
- Candidates need to log in to the admission portal, careful fill-in the details and submit the application form online.
- A payment of INR 200 must be made for the application form through net banking/ credit card/ debit card/ cash cards/ online wallets.
- Candidates must take print-outs of the filled-in application form and the payment receipt generated and put their signatures on the appropriate space provided.
- Parents/ Guardians should also sign the form.
- Candidates whose names appear on the Selection list published on the college website must present themselves before an Admission Committee along with the necessary documents.
- The following documents must be produced before the Admission Committee for verification:
- Print out of duly filled application form signed by the applicant and parent/guardian of the applicant.
- System generated fee receipt as a proof of payment.
- Cachar College enrolment card (applicable for candidates who have passed HS from Cachar College).
- 2 recent passport size photographs with application number written on the reverse side.
- Original and self-attested photocopies of HSLC examination admit card as age proof document.
- Original and self-attested photocopies of HSLC and/or HS mark sheets and pass certificates.
- Character certificate .
- Parent income certificate
- Caste certificate
- Differently Abled person certificate
- Gap period certificate
- Migration and Transfer certificate
- Document/ certificate for sports quota/ NCC/ Scouts and Guides.
- AHSEC/AUS registration card for re-admission.
- 3 stamp size photographs
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College