Cauvery College for Women, Tiruchirappalli was established in 1984 by Reddy Educational Trust which is a temple of learning and regularly provides an opportunity to grow in all the fields of life and is affiliated by Bharathidasan University (BU), Tiruchirappalli. It is accredited with Grade ‘A’ by NAAC. The college aims for perfection in Education as they have inaugurated the portals to many first-generation pupils and students from rural, with diverse branches of knowledge.
The college provides undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral courses in the field of science, commerce and arts. Other than departments, the college is also known for its two researches Centre named as Role of teachers in strengthening Human Values to the society and Nutritional Adequacy in Sports Persons.
Apart from studies, college also provides many facilities like Hostel facilities for accommodation, Library, Sports, Cafeteria, IT Infrastructure, Wi-Fi service, transport, Labs, Convenient stores inside the campus, and Bank facilities.
Cauvery College for Women Highlights
|Name of the institute||Cauvery College for Women|
|Established / Institute type||1984 / Private University|
|Entrance Exam||Personal Interview Round|
|Courses offered||8 courses across 5 stream|
|Popular Courses||BA, B.Tech, B.Sc., Ph.D.|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Merit scored in previous exam and personal interview|
|Facilities Available||Library, sports, cafeteria, auditorium, Labs, Hostel, etc|
Cauvery College for Women Courses
Cauvery College for Women provides UG, PG and Doctoral courses in the field of commerce, arts, and science under various specializations.
|B.Sc||Mathematics||3 Years||10+2 or any other equivalent exam from the recognized board in the relevant subject.|
|Nutrition and Dietetics|
|Commerce with Computer Applications|
|M.Sc||Mathematics||2 Years||Graduation in the relevant field from any recognized university with 45% marks.|
|Food Service Management and Dietetics|
|M.Phil.||Social Work||2 Years||Post-Graduation in the relevant field from any recognized university.|
|Ph.D.||Social Work||Minimum 3 Years|
Apart from the courses mentioned above, the college also provides courses like BSW, BCA, BBA and MSW.
Read more: Cauvery College for Women Courses and Fees
Cauvery College for Women Admissions 2020
Candidates who want to take admission in Cauvery College for Women need to clear the accepted entrance exam first.
- For UG courses, there is no entrance exam; admission is given based on marks scored in 10+2 exams or any other equivalent exam.
- After applying for the admission, candidates will be selected for the personal interview round on the basis of marks scored in the 10+2 exam.
- For M.Sc. and MA courses, admission is based on the marks scored in the under graduation course with minimum of 45% marks.
- For Ph.D. and M.Phil. Course admission is based on the entrance exam followed by an interview round which is conducted by the Institute, and the candidate needs to pass the post-graduation with a minimum of 55% marks.
How to Apply?
- The filled Application forms must be sent to The Principal, Cauvery College for Women, Annamalai nagar, Trichy-620 018, within 10 days after the publication of the results by the Secretary, Board of Higher Secondary Education,Tamil Nadu.
- No other enclosures need to be sent along with the filled in application for admission.
- Only such application forms, which are correctly filled in with all the particulars, will be considered.
- Admissions can be confirmed only after the interview.
- Selected applicants should note that the payment in instalments is not permitted.
- If the fees are not paid on or before the date specified, the candidate will forfeit her seat.
Read more: Cauvery College for Women Admissions 2020
Cauvery College for Women Placement
The placement cell present in the college is very active and motivates students with proper guidance regarding the career. This cell organizes seminars to develop soft skills and to enrich their skills in the field of communicative skills, group discussions, and personal interviews. It also provides training about the working and functioning of the new software to the students, so that they can make full use of those skills for the placement exams.
Median package for the UG student is around INR 1.44 lakhs and for the PG students is around INR 1.46 lakhs per annum.
Top recruiters are:
- Tech Mahindra
Read more: Cauvery College for Women Placement
Cauvery College for Women Scholarships
- Scholarships are provided by the state and central government to the students studying in this college.
- Scholarships are also provided by the institution funds to the meritorious students.
Read more: Cauvery College for Women Scholarship
Cauvery College for Women Facilities
College provides all the basic facilities to their students, for their best stay in the college. Listed below are some of the facilities provided by the college:
- Library: The students can find rich collections of books related to all the topics.
- Hostel: The students can have a pleasant stay in a hostel. There are a total of 240 rooms for the girl students.
- Classrooms: College provides the well-furnished classrooms and environment to the students, studying in this college.
- Other facilities: Other facilities such as labs, banking facilities, transportation facilities, Cafeteria, IT Infrastructure, Wi-Fi service and cultural and sports clubs are also available.
Read more: Cauvery College for Women Hostels
Cauvery College for Women Faculty
College has around 185 faculty members and out of those 18 hold Ph.D. degrees and rest are also well qualified. College has well educated and experienced faculty members to cheer the students and also supports the students in all the possible ways. All the college staff is joyful and helpful to the students. The principal of the college is Dr.V.Sujatha and handles the administration very well.
Read more: Cauvery College for Women Faculty
Cauvery College for Women FAQs
Ques. What is the hostel fee of Cauvery College for Women?
Ans. Hostel fees for the UG first year students is Rs 18,950 and for the PG first year students is Rs 19,450, including mess fees, and other amenities.
Ques. Does Cauvery College for Women provide placement?
Ans. Cauvery College for Women has a presence of Career Guidance, and Placement cell organizes various on-campus interviews with many MNCs, Banks, BPOs, and Educational Institutions.
Ques. How can we come to know the candidate is selected for Cauvery College for Women and then how will they pay the fees?
Ans. One will be selected after the interview round, and then they need to pay the payment before the given dates to confirm their seat in the college. College does not allow paying the fees in instalment.
Ques. Where is the university campus located? What is the distance between the university and railway station?
Ans. The university is located at Cauvery Nagar Main Rd, Annamalai Nagar, Tiruchirappalli, and Tamil Nadu 620018. University is 3 km away from the Tiruchirappalli railway station and it will take around 2 minutes to cover this distance.
Ques. What are the required documents for the Admission process in Cauvery College for Women?
Ans. Last qualification mark sheet, Provisional Certificate, 10th mark sheet, 12th mark sheet, Character Certificate, Income proof Degree / Diploma Certificate of the qualifying examination Scorecard passport size colored photographs, and Migration Certificate.