Calcutta National Medical College was established in the year 1964 by bringing together National Medical Institute and Calcutta Medical Institute. College was inaugurated by Subhash Chandra Bose.
- At initial days college was affiliated to University of Calcutta and now college is affiliated to West Bengal University of Health Sciences.
- College is accredited by Medical Council of India
- Admission to college are based on WBJEE and AIPMT
- Dr Subhash Mukhopadhyay:- The first Indian and second physician in the world to perform in-vitro fertilization.
- Dr Avijit Lahiri:- Director of Cardiac Imaging & Research Department in Wellington Hospital, United Kingdom.
- Cultural activities
Hostels: Campus has 7 hostels from which there are 6 for boys and 1 for girls. Out 6 boys hostels three are governed by government and 3 are governed by private organizations. Girls hostel is commonly known as Lady’s hostel and all sort of facilities are provided in all hostels.
Library: College has one of the best medical libraries in the state. There are 17000 books in library. Library also subscribes to 42 national and international journals.
AGON- it is cultural fest of the college