WBUHS Quick Updates
- June 6: B.Sc Nursing Part-II and B.A.M.S 1st Professional Results are out now. Check Here
- June 3: WBUHS has released PG Degree/Diploma and MBBS 3rd Professional Part 2 Exam notification. Check Here
- May 01: MBBS 3rd Prof Part-2 Dec-Jan 2019-20 Exam Results are out now: Check Here
- April 29: Revised Notice on Results of Review Applications and Supplementary Exam. Check Here
West Bengal University of Health Sciences (WBUHS) was established on 1st January 2003 by the West Bengal University of Health Sciences act XVIII of 2002 with an aim of creating an intellectual and academic environment conducive to free flow of ideas and exchange of information with all the centers of excellence in the country and abroad. The University offers MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery) and BDS (Bachelor of Dental Science) along with numerous programs in the health sciences.
Check WBUHS Admissions
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Dental, Nursing, Pharmacy & Paramedical Education
- Faculty of Homeopathy, Ayurved, Unani (AYUSH)
WBUHS MBBS and BDA
WBUHS offers MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery) and BDS (Bachelor of Dental Science) degrees on board. The duration of these courses is 5.5 years and 4 years respectively.
- 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology as main subjects from a recognized university.
- 10+2 from any recognized board or equivalent by the West Bengal University of Health Sciences with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as optional subjects.
- An aggregate of 55% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English at the qualifying examination or as specified by the joint entrance board.
- A valid score in appearing in WBPGNAT conducted by the West Bengal Joint Entrance examination Board.
- A Registered Nurse/midwife or equivalent of any State Nursing Registration Council.
- 5% relaxation of marks for SC/ST candidates as per government norms.
- A valid score in JENPAUH conducted by West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board.
- 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry. Biology. English (PCBE). Or equivalent
- 10+2 Higher Secondary Examination or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English as main subjects.
- A candidate who has passed 10+2 in science or equivalent with physics, chemistry and mathematics/biology (with an aggregate of 50% marks) will be eligible for the admission of this course.
- Master’s degree or equivalent Postgraduate degree in various disciplines of Basic Sciences, Medical Sciences, Dental Sciences, Homeopathy, Ayurveda, Unani, Nursing, Paramedical and Allied Health Sciences with the least aggregate of 55%.
- A relaxation of 5% marks for candidates belonging to ST/SC/ OBC (non-creamy layer)/ differently abled and other categories of the candidate as per government regulations.
- The valid score in any of these- UGC-NET (including JRF), CSIR, DST, DBT, ICMR, UGC, ICHR
- MBBS degree or equivalent along with a permanent registration with MCI / West Bengal Medical Council (WBMC)
- MBBS degree or equivalent as specified by the Medical Council of India (MCI) along with a permanent registration with MCI / West Bengal Medical Council (WBMC)
- BDS degree with merit score.
Also Check WBUHS Fees Structure
WBUHS Constituent colleges
- College of Medicine and JNM hospital
- College of paramedical and Allied Health Sciences.
Different programs and institutions
- Modern Medicine- MBBS- 17 Institutions MD/MS – 24 Disciplines – 19 Institutions PG Diploma – 13 Disciplines - 15 Institutions D.M/M.Ch. – 16 Disciplines - 6 Institutions
- Dentistry – BDS- 5 Institutions MDS – 7 Disciplines - 3 Institutions
- Homeopathy – BHMS - 12 Institutions M.D – 6 Disciplines - 4 Institutions
- Ayurveda – BAMS - 3 Institutions M.D – 4 disciplines - 1 Institution
- Unani – BUMS - 1 Institution