Manipal College of Dental Sciences Quick Updates
- May 11: MET Entrance test will be held on July 24-27 and August 4-7; Slot booking starts from July 15. Check Here
Manipal College of Dental Sciences (MCODS), Mangalore was established in the south-western coastal city of Mangalore. Since then, it has evolved into a multi-faceted institution that is recognised internationally for excellence in its specialisations. MCODS provides an excellent atmosphere for studies and recreation. The college offers Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programmes in Dental Surgery, along with a post graduate diploma in Dental Materials.
Facts and Figures of Manipal College of Dental Sciences (MCODS), Mangalore
Dr. Dilip G. Nayak
Number of departments
Divided into two campuses: Light House Hill Road Campus and Attavar Campus in Mangalore, Karnataka.
Why to Join Manipal College of Dental Sciences (MCODS), Mangalore?
- Clinical Training: The first-year BDS students undergo training at the Centre for Basic Sciences, Bejai.The undergraduate and postgraduate training in both pre-clinical and clinical aspects are imparted at the Light House Hill and Attavar campuses. The clinical requirements for training in medical subjects are available at the Kasturba Medical College Hospital, which is a 651 bed hospital.
- Excellent infrastructure: The institution has excellent infrastructure facilities with 260-dental chairs and latest state-of-the-art dental equipment. An air-conditioned well-equipped library and lecture halls with latest audio-visual aids are some facilities provided for training programmes.
- Faculty: MCODS is acclaimed internationally for its excellence in dental education with full-time teaching faculty having outstanding clinical experience.
- Ranking: The college has consistently gained accolades for its outstanding contribution to Indian education. It has been ranked 2nd among top Indian dental colleges in India and 8th among Top Medical Colleges in India by Outlook in 2013.Notably it has ranked 1st among Research Publications by private universities in India by India Today in June 2013.