Chanchal College, situated in the Malda district of West Bengal is a public institution of undergraduate education. The college is affiliated to the University of Gour Banga, West Bengal. It offers undergraduate courses in Science, Arts, and Commerce stream for socio-cultural and educational upliftment of tribal and poverty-stricken minority category of students. The college is affiliated to Gaur Banga university and is recognized by the UGC. Admission to the college is done on the basis of merit scored in the previous qualifying examination.
Chanchal College Malda Highlights
|Established | Type||1969 | Public|
|Affiliated to||University of Gour Banga|
|Number of Courses Offered||26|
|Number of Students Enrolled||420|
Chanchal College Malda Courses
Tabulated below are the courses offered by the college under various specializations:
|B.A.||Eligibility: Intermediate graduate with a minimum of 45% aggregate.
Duration: 3 years
Click here Chanchal College Malda Courses and Fees
Chanchal College Malda Admission
Admission to Chanchal College is on the merit list. The merit list is generated on the basis of all applications. The process for admissions in undergraduate courses is online-based directly via the website. The courses conducted by the college are BA, B.Sc., and B.Com. in General and Honors category
How to Apply?
- Visit the official website of Chanchal College and click on 'Online Admissions'. Open the application form.
- Fill all the mandatory fields and upload the required documents.
- Pay the requisite amount of Application fees and proceed to submit.
- Take a printout of the application form as well as the payment receipt.
- Wait for the merit list to be announced. After the announcement of the merit list, visit the website again and pay the required admission fee to complete the process.
Chanchal College Malda Placement
The college does not offer any placement services. Not many companies visit the campus for interviews. But in place, the college provides internship opportunities. During the internship, the graduates may receive INR 3,00,000 to INR 4,00,000 per year.
Know more Chanchal College Malda Placement
Chanchal College Malda Scholarship
Freeships are offered to the needy meritorious students by the college. The application to apply for freeship starts in the month of August, every academic year.
- Kanyashree: Girl students scoring more than 50% in the matric level are eligible for INR 25,000 scholarship fee
- WB Government scholarship: INR 5,000 per month are paid for students from SC, ST, and OBC reservation categories.
Read more Chanchal College Malda Scholarship
Chanchal College Malda Facilities
The college has created various facilities for the students to help them in their education, while still learning at the college. Some of the facilities are mentioned below:
- Library: A large collection of books, notes, magazines, and newspapers are available there. Also, students are allowed to issue the books for a period of 7 days but are required to follow the guidelines issued by the administration.
- Canteen: A newly built canteen is available for students, teaching staff, and non-teaching staff as well. Proper hygiene is maintained over there to maintain a healthy environment.
- Hostel: The college has two boys hostels and two girls hostel with a capacity of 206 students in total. Respective superintendents are hired for each hostel to ensure safety, for grievance redressal, and to maintain disciple in the premises.
- Sports Ground: The college campus has a sports ground to encourage sports players and enthusiasts. The ground is well maintained with proper lighting and leveled ground.
Click here Chanchal College Malda Hostel
Chanchal College Malda Faculty
40 faculty members are rendering educational services. The qualifications of each member differ but the college has made sure that every individual faculty is highly experienced and well qualified.
- Ph.D. Qualified Professors: 8
- Post Graduated Professors: 12
- Graduated Professors: 20
Chanchal College Malda FAQs
Ques. Is this college affiliated by NSOU?
Ans. Under Netaji Subhash Open University, the college is a study center for open students. It is also affiliated to the University of Gour Banga.
Ques. What's the scenario of extra-curricular activities in the college?
Ans. Besides academic excellence, college equally focuses on extra-curricular activities to increase active student participation. For these few societies are there such as National Social Scheme (NSS) and National Cadet Corps (NCC).
Ques. What are the college timings and minimum attendance requirements?
Ans. The college is open 6 days a week i.e. Monday to Saturday from 10:30 am to 5:30 pm. A minimum of 75% attendance in every subject and semester is mandatory for every student to maintain.
Ques. What are the reservation criteria?
Ans. The college follows the government of West Bengal prescribed reservation criteria. OBC 17%, SC 21%, ST 6%, and Physically Challenged 2%.
Ques. How is the merit list calculated?
Ans. The calculation is made as follows: [Marks obtained in honors subject opted by the applicant + aggregate of best 5 subject marks including English]/6.