The Government Law College, established in 1979, is a co-educational college located in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu. The College affiliated to The Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University from the academic year 1997-1998. It is offering legal education and functions under The Directorate of Legal Studies in Tamil Nadu.
The Government Law College, Coimbatore offers a 3-year regular LL.B. and 5-year Integrated Law degree program, BA LL.B. at the undergraduate level. At the postgraduate level, the LLM degree is a one-specialization offered by the College.
The admissions to the undergraduate as well as postgraduate courses are based on academic merit cum counselling conducted by the Tamil Nadu Dr.Ambedkar Law University. The College has also introduced the International Moot Court Competitions held in Vienna, Hongkong, and other countries.
Hostels, library, e-zone, and sports are the major facilities offered by Government Law College Coimbatore.
Government Law College, Coimbatore Highlights
|Established | Type||1979 | State University|
|Affiliating University||The Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University|
|Accreditation||Bar Council of India|
|Popular Courses||BA LLB, LLB, LLM|
|Facilities||Library, Hostel, E-Zone, Internet, Sports|
Government Law College, Coimbatore Courses
The courses offered by the College are explained below in the tabular form.
|B.A. LL.B. (integrated law course)||Duration: 5 years
Eligibility: Passed 10+2 with minimum 45 percent marks in aggregate (core subjects, excluding languages) from CBSE or a recognized board of education
Specialization: Intellectual property law
|LL.B.||Duration: 3 years
Eligibility: Passed 10+2+3 or 11+1+3 pattern examinations with minimum 45 percent marks in aggregate (core subjects, excluding languages) from a recognized Institution
Specialization: Intellectual property law
|LLM||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: Passed LL.B. with minimum 50 percent marks in aggregate (core subjects, excluding languages) from a recognized University
Specialization: Business Law
Read More: GLC Coimbatore Courses & Fee
Government Law College, Coimbatore Admission
The Candidates selected in undergraduate and postgraduate courses based on merit in the qualifying examination and as per the rules of reservation prescribed by the Government of Tamil Nadu. The candidates who meet the eligibility criteria have to attend the counselling sessions organized by the Tamil Nadu Dr.Ambedkar University. Students can pursue LL.B. and BA LL.B. in Tamil as the medium of instruction.
How to Apply?
- Applicants can collect the form in-person or by post from the College. In case of post, candidates must send a requisition letter with details regarding the course to which the candidate is willing to apply and required fees to the Chairman, Law Admission 2019-2020.
- The Application fee can be paid through Challan downloaded from the website or collected from College. The Application Fee not accepted in the form of Cash/DD/Bank Pay Order etc. The application fee for general candidates is 500 rupees, and candidates belonging to SC/ ST category are 250 rupees.
- Filled application form with self-attested photocopies of necessary documents submitted in person to the principal of the College or by post addressed to The Chairman, Law Admission, 2019-2020', The Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University, “Poompozhil", No. 5, Dr.D.G.S. Dhinakaran Salai, Chennai-600028.
Read More: GLC Coimbatore Admission
Government Law College, Coimbatore Placements
The students undergo an internship for the successful completion of the regular degree course. The students participate in the off-campus drive conducted by the reputed companies and organizations. After successful completion of their degree program, students start working in law firms, reputed financing companies, and courthouses. They can even opt to become an independent legal advisor.
Read More: GLC Coimbatore Placement
Government Law College, Coimbatore Scholarships
The College provides scholarships to meritorious students (residential and non-residential). The Post matric scholarships are available to those students who secure 90 percent attendance. The College also runs scholarship schemes for students belonging to economically backward communities. The following are the scholarships offered to students under various categories.
- Jeva Endowment Scholarship: The scholarship given by the Government of Tamil Nadu to meritorious students. The first five rank holders in each year of the 3-year LL.B., 5-year BA LL.B., and 2-year LLM degree courses are considered eligible.
- Salem Advocate Sri K.R. Radhakrishnan Endowment Fund: The Scholarship is for students securing the first rank in the subject criminal procedure code from among the students of the entire law college affiliated to the Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University.
Read More: GLC Coimbatore Scholarships
Government Law College, Coimbatore Facilities
The facilities offered by the College to cater to the needs of the students mentioned below.
- Hostel: The College provides residential facilities for students enrolled in various courses. The separate hostels for boys and girls with intake capacity of 60 students each allotted as per the communal reservation prescribed by the College.
- Library: The Library provides access to textbooks, law reports, law journals, government publications, constitutional information, and newspapers.
- E-Zone: The e-zone is created on the campus to help students by providing access to international publications. The students can access the E-Books, E-Journals, E-Judgements, and legal databases.
- Sports: The College encourages students to participate in sports activities. It has also formed the sports club to promote sportsmanship.
Read More: GLC Coimbatore Latest News
Government Law College, Coimbatore Faculty
The College has highly qualified faculty members who are not only expert in their field of interest but also play a significant role in imparting quality education to students. The faculty encourages students to participate in extracurricular activities and competitions.
Read More: GLC Coimbatore Faculty
Ques. How is the Government law College, Coimbatore?
Ques. What Clubs and Societies are there in Government law College?
Ques. What is the fee structure of the Government College of Law Coimbatore?
Ques. Does Government law College Coimbatore have excellent faculty & teaching facilities?