South Calcutta Law College was founded in the year 1970 to impart quality education in the field of Law. It is approved by BCI & is affiliated to the University of Calcutta. The college has been ranked at 34th position by India Today ranking 2019 among the top law colleges in India. Presently, it is running integrated BA-LLB & BA-LLB (Hons.) programs with an intake capacity of 120 per course. Admission is on the basis of entrance exam conducted by Calcutta University
South Calcutta Law College Highlights
|Institute Type||Government Aided|
|Affiliation||University of Calcutta|
South Calcutta Law College Courses
The college offers both regular and honors integrated programs in Law. Following are the highlights of the courses:
Read more: South Calcutta Law College Courses & Fees
South Calcutta Law College Admission
Admission to the courses is done on the basis of candidate’s marks secured in the entrance exam conducted by the University of Calcutta. Candidates seeking admission need to register online through the registration portal of Calcutta University.
How to apply?
- Candidates must get themselves registered by visiting the official website of Calcutta University.
- After successful registration, candidates need to fill in the application form with all the required information.
- Next, the candidates need to select South Calcutta Law College as the preferred option on the preference form.
- After choosing the college, the candidates have to upload scanned copies of their photograph and signature, as per the size and resolution mentioned in the guidelines.
- After uploading the scanned documents, the candidates must submit the application form and then download the soft copy.
- Then the candidates will be led to the payment gateway for the payment of the application fees (INR 500 for General Candidate and INR 250 for Reserved Candidate) through Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking.
- For offline payment, candidates can download the SBI Challan and pay the fee at any SBI branch.
Read more: South Calcutta Law College Admissions
South Calcutta Law College Scholarships
To provide financial assistance to the students, the College offers the following sponsored scholarships to the meritorious and eligible students based upon different criteria:
- SC, ST, and OBC Scholarship
- Minority Scholarship
- Kanyasree Prakalpa Scholarship
- National Scholarship for persons with disabilities
- Ambassador scholarship for Bhutanese students
- West Bengal Government Merit cum Means Scholarship
Read more: South Calcutta Law College Scholarships
South Calcutta Law College Facilities
- Computer & Internet: The college provides computers & internet facilities so that the students can browse and study without any interruption
- Students Health Home: A students Health Home is available with first aid facility and necessary medicines to take care of the students
- Canteen: The college has a canteen which serves delicious and nutritious food to cater to the appetite of students at a reasonable price
- Students Common Room: The college has a common room with comfortable sitting where the students can relax, chill & refresh their mind
- Moot Court: A moot court is available where the students can participle in oral argument and thus improves their skills and knowledge
South Calcutta Law College FAQs
Ques. How many seats are reserved for the SC/ST candidates?
Ans. 22% of the total number of available seats is reserved for SC candidates, 6% for ST candidates, 10% for OBC-A candidates, 7% for OBC-B candidates, and 3 % for PH candidates.
Ques. Does the college provide accommodation?
Ans. No, there is no hostel facility in this college
Ques. How much is the fee for the B.A.L.L.B. course?
Ans. The total fees/year for the B.A.L.L.B. course is INR 17,430.
Ques. Is there any relaxation in marks for ST/SC students?
Ans. Yes, there is 5% relaxation in marks for SC/ST/PH category candidates
Ans. Under normal circumstances, the session starts from the month of July.