SVKM’s NMIMS (Shri Vile Parle Kelavani Mandal’s Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies) is a private university established in 1981 by the parent body Shri Vile Parle Kelavani Mandal to run into the budding demand for management teaching. SBM has a profusion of intellectual capital in the form of faculty fellows who are notorious in their corresponding grounds and are dedicated to creating an energetic learning atmosphere.
• It has been awarded A grade and 5 Star rating by the NAAC and UGC respectively.
• NMIMS has also been awarded the ISO 9001:2000 Certification by ICL.
• In 2003, NMIMS has declared a deemed-to-be university under section 3 of the UGC Act 1956.
• It offers a Masters Degree Program in Management Studies of the University of Mumbai
• It has campuses in Mumbai, Shirpur, Bengaluru, and Hyderabad.
• The institute has 40,000 sq. ft. of a built up area.
• The Mumbai Campus intakes 360 students for the management flagship program, MBA.
• Today more than 12000 students and 350 full-time faculty members are part of NMIMS
• Mr. Amit Sawhney is currently the director at Systech Integra.
The Institute is affiliated to some of the top-notch management institutes over the world like:
• HHL- Leipzig Graduate School of Management, Germany
• IESEG School of Management- Lille- Paris
• IAE AIX Graduate School of Management, Paul Cezanne University, France
• Macquarie University, Australia: for mounting cultural and academic
• Prudential Foundation Global Citizen’s program for student practicum
The main college is located at V.L. Mehta Road, Vile Parle West, Juhu, Mumbai, Maharashtra.
The SBM (School of Business Management) offers management courses including part-time management courses. The courses are:
• MBA General, Pharmaceuticals Management, Capital Market, Banking, HR, Entrepreneurship & Family Business
• Doctoral Program in Management
• Executive MBA
• MBA (Part Time)
• MBA (Social Entrepreneurship)
• Management Program For Executives (MPE)
• Enterprise Training Program for Women (ETW)
• Diploma in Social Entrepreneurship
• Weekend Family Managed Business Administration Program (FMBA)
• Post Graduate Certificate in Business Management (for Defense Officers)
The institute is also responsible for promoting research in various fields of management and it offers other courses like:
• SPSS Training / Advanced MS Excel
• Exchange Programs
• Summer Internship
The institution focuses on extracurricular activities for overall development of the students.
The School of Business Management offers world class facilities to the students so that they can become best professionals. The facilities provided by the college are:
• Computer Center
• Seminar Hall
• MDP Hall
• The audio interactive language room
All classrooms in the University are air-conditioned and have ceiling attached LCDs. Most classrooms have an intake of 60. In addition, the University has a well-equipped a conference hall and seminar hall.
The Computer center is furnished with personal computers sufficiently maintained by 3mbps shared leased line. It is also equipped with a extensive range of approved applications software and system software.
Library – The R. M. Desai Library Learning Resource Centre
• The well furnished and air conditioned NMIMS library has a stock of more than 42,000 volumes.
• The institute subscribes to 308 Indian and Foreign periodicals.
• The library also houses 319 audio’s, 274 VCD’s, news clippings, 187 CD’s, annual reports, management games, newsletters, case studies and 521 videos.
• NMIMS also provides facilities like audio listening facilities, inter library loans, etc.
NMIMS houses an advanced Management Development Programme (MDP) hall. MDPs for the industry are a steady feature of the institute’s communication with the communal world. Programs are custom intended to suit the necessities of individual administrations and also retailed.
The Audio Interactive Language Room
NMIMS has forged the creativity of logically supporting students in formulating for Group Discussions or Job Interviews by evolving an Audio Interactive Language Lab on the campus.
Paragana: Held in the month of November – The annual management festival of NMIMS is the opportunity when corporate heavy-weights descend upon the campus to ideate, exchange and enlighten views on a theme of national and international importance.
• Euphoria- The national B-School cultural fest
• Ambiora: Techfest conducted in the month of October.
NMIMS was ranked
• 7th by the [BT Nelson Ranking (Business Today)] 50 best business schools of 2012
• 11th by the Hindustan Times India's top 50 business schools of 2011
• 13th by the 2012 edition of CNBC-TV18's Top B-Schools in India
The fees for the MBA program is 8, 02, 000 (INR).
The institution offers the following scholarships:
• Financial Assistance Scheme for the Full time students
• Scholarship program for the Full time students
• Loan scholarships from the Rotary Club of Bombay West
• Need-based scholarships from the Shroff Family Charitable Trust (SFCT) are available for deserving students.