Government College of Pharmacy, Bangalore was established in 1964 in 6.5 acres of land, conducting D.Pharm course and B.pharm courses approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (A.I.C.T.E) and Pharmacy council of India, and M.Pharm course approved and funded by A.I.C.T.E.
The college is under the administrative control of the Drugs Control Department, Bangalore under Health & Family welfare Department (Medical Education), and the Government of Karnataka. Lateral entry is also feasible.
Admissions to B.Pharma will be provided based on students’ KCET scores. For admissions to M.Pharma they are required to qualify in PGCET examinations. The admission criteria for D.Pharma is completely merit based. Application Mode is online.
B.Pharm has an intake capacity of 50 seats every year. D.Pharm has an intake capacity of 60 seats every year. M.Pharm has an intake capacity of 24 seats every year.
Hostel facilities are available for its students. Additional campus facilities such as various Pharmaceutical labs, Math Lab, Academic Zone, Wi-Fi, A/C, AV Lab, Auditorium, Canteen, Computer Lab, Convo. Hall, Counselling, Boys and girls Hostel, Medicinal garden, Library, sports are also there.
GCP College Highlights
|Established | Institute type||1964 | Public|
|Approved by||All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)|
|Affiliated to||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore|
|Entrance Exam||B.Pharm: KCET 2020 M.Pharm: PGCET 2020|
|Courses Offered||D.Pharm, B.Pharm, M.Pharm|
|Popular Courses||B.Pharm, M.Pharm|
|Admission Criteria||Merit based | Entrance Test|
|Facilities Available||Various Pharmaceutical labs, Math Lab, Academic Zone, A/C, AV Lab, Auditorium, Wi-Fi, Canteen, Computer Lab, Convo. Hall, Counselling, Boys and girls Hostel, Medicinal garden, Animal house, sports, Library are also there.|
GCP College Ranking
The institution being the first pharmacy college of the state has been considered as the pioneer institution in the country. The alumni of this institution scattered to every corner of the world and served the profession in various capacities and brought laurels not only to them but also for the institution.
8 out of first 10 ranks in the PGCET exams conducted in 2011 were bagged by the students of this institution.
GCP College Courses
GCP offered 3 courses in Pharmacy i.e. B.Pharma, M.Pharma, and D.Pharma. It also accepts lateral admissions in B.Pharma program.
The D.Pharm course is a diploma course of two years tenure approved by the Pharmacy Council of India and A.I.C.T.E with an intake of 60 students.
|B.Pharm||Duration: 4 Years
Eligibility Criteria: 10+2 with minimum 50% marks (With Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics/ (Botany + Zoology) as the core subjects).
|D.Pharm||Duration: 2 years duration with minimum of 180 working days per year followed by a practical training not less than 500 hours.
Eligibility Criteria: 10+2 or equivalent examination (With Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/ Biology as the core subjects) or PUC in PCM/PCB/PCMB or any other qualification.
|B.Pharm (Lateral Entry)||Duration: 4 Years
Eligibility Criteria: Students need to pass D.Pharm from recognized university with minimum 45% marks
|M.Pharm||Duration: 2 Years
Eligibility Criteria: B.Pharm from any recognized university of India with a minimum of 55% marks
Specializations: Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmaceutics, Pharmacognosy, Pharmacology,
Read More: GCP Courses & Fee
GCP College Admissions
Admissions to B.Pharma will be provided based on students’ KCET scores. For admissions to M.Pharma they are required to qualify in PGCET examinations. The admission criteria for D.Pharma is completely merit based.
How to Apply?
- The Student needs to download the application form and take a printout of it.
- Fill in all the information carefully and attach the required documents with it and thereafter submit it to the College office.
- Offline forms are not available.
- Application Fee is to be paid through demand draft drawn in favor of “Government College of Pharmacy” payable at Bangalore.
Read More: GCP Admission
GCP College Placements
The college has its own placement cell which looks upon the needs of the graduates as well as the companies. It has a specialized team of training officers. The institution is always supporting the students in the placement assistance.
There is a placement cell which plays a vital role in the placement of each student by giving those skills in interview, in behavior and also soft skills by making them totally fit for the industrial needs
The college also provides internship facilities for the students in the companies or in any of the hospitals so that the students can get the job easily. The companies that visit the college are the leading companies
Some of the well renowned companies that have given opportunities for the students are: Abott, lotus, and other pharmaceutical companies.
Read More: GCP Placement
GCP College Scholarship
College offers scholarship to students from reserved categories, socially and educationally backward classes of society, and economically weaker sections of the society. Apart from that educational loans are also offered by major companies.
Internships are also provided in companies and hospitals.
Read More: GCP Scholarship
GCP College Facilities
GCP College contains all the major facilities. Facilities available are various Pharmaceutical labs, Math Lab, Academic Zone, Gym, AV Lab, Auditorium, Wi-Fi facilities, Canteen, Computer Lab, Convo. Hall, Counselling cell , Boys and girls Hostel, Medicinal garden, animal house, Sports, Library and guest room. It has a total 7 acre area.
- Laboratory - The college has well-equipped computer labs. These are utilized for conducting computer practicals, and assisting faculty and students in research and project preparation. The computer labs have been completely modernized. The internet facilities in the labs are Wi-Fi enabled.
- Library - The College has a well-equipped, open access library with an air-conditioned reading room. The library has adopted the latest software and has a large collection of books, journals, magazines and audio-visual resources. The Library, which has been established which has a lot of national and international books available for its students. Reference journals are available. The Library contains more than 5,000 books (total number of titles more than 2000) and subscriptions to 21 national and international journals.
- Library Sections: 1. Book Acquisition Section 2.Technical Processing Section. 3. Circulation Section and 4. Reference Section.
- Accommodation Facilities are available. The club activities are scheduled round the year with activities related to attitude, sports, aptitude, soft-skills, mock interview, social activities and many more.
- An Anti-Ragging cell has been formed in the college.
- Cafeteria: The college has its own Cafeteria, which serves mouth watering delicacies.
- Seminar Hall: The seminar hall with highly advanced equipment such as multimedia projectors and quality sound system is housed in the campus. Guest lectures, seminars, and conferences are conducted in the seminar hall through which students are provided a lively environment to exchange their innovative ideas and be updated with the current technical scenario around the world.
- Medicinal garden present inside the college campus. It has also built an animal house and contains animals like Rats, Mice and Guinea Pigs for experimental purposes.
- Hostels: Well maintained boys and girls hostel with clean, hygienic mess is available. Gym facilities are also available.
GCP College Faculties
With high quality faculties, the institute is imparted to provide high quality knowledge and experience to the students. The Principal of this College is Dr. K P Channabasavaraj. There are 30 faculties present in the college. As the college offers various courses, every course has a highly educated mentor.
Some of the faculties’ details:
|Name of the Professor||Details|
|Dr. K P Channabasavaraj||Qualification: M. Pharm., Ph.D., Designation: Professor and H.O.D|
|Dr. S Ramachandra Setty||Qualification: M. Pharm., Ph.D., Designation: Professor and H.O.D|
|Dr. V J Joshi||Qualification: M. Pharm., Ph.D., Designation: Professor and H.O.D|
|Dr. Chandrasekhar Javali||Qualification: M. Pharm., Ph.D., Designation: Associate Professor|
|Dr. Kalaskar Gurunath||Qualification: M.Sc. (Pharm Chem) Ph.D. Designation: Associate Professor|
|Dr. Satheesha babu B K||Qualification: M. Pharm., Ph.D., Designation: Associate Professor|
|Dr. Chandrasekhar M Sultanpur||Qualification: M. Pharm., Ph.D., Designation: Associate Professor|
|Dr. Roopashree T S||Qualification: M. Pharm., Ph.D., Designation: Associate Professor and H.O.D|
|Dr. Shantharam U||Qualification: M. Pharm., Ph.D., Designation: Assistant. Professor|
|Dr. Anitha. S||Qualification: M. Pharm., Ph.D., Designation: Assistant. Professor|
|Dr. Sangeetha S S||Qualification: M. Pharm., Ph.D., Designation: Assistant. Professor|
Read More: GCP Faculty
Ques. What is the attendance criteria required to be eligible to write exams of each subject?
Ans. The candidates are normally expected to attend all allotted work periods (both theory and practicals) in each of the prescribed subjects in exams. They should attend 80% of the total number of classes conducted in each of the subjects to be eligible to appear for the university examination in that subject.
Ques. What are the subjects for the 1st year B.Pharm programme in the college?
- Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Pharmaceutics (Dispensing and General Pharmacy)
- Pharmaceutical organic chemistry Part 1
- Pharmaceutical inorganic chemistry Part 1
- Mathematics or Biology
- Computer Science and Statistics
Ques. How are the internal assessments marks given in B.Pharm?
Ans. Three sessional examinations shall be conducted during the academic year by the college. The average marks of best two examinations, separately for theory and practical shall be computed for the declaration of Results.
Ques. When is the admission start date for KCET and PGCET?
Ans. Admission Start Date for KCET: 1st Feb to 08th Mar, 2020
Admission Start Date for PGCET: 19th May to 5th Jun, 2020
Ques. How many labs are present in the college?
Ans. There are a number of labs present within the campus for different courses, such as-
- Diploma- 4 Labs
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry Pg & Research- 2 Labs
- Pharmaceutics Pg & Research Lab - 2 Labs
- Pharmacognosy Pg & Research Lab
- Pharmacology Pg & Research- 2 Labs
- Undergraduate Programs- 12 Labs