Institute of Pharmacy, Nirma University, Ahmedabad is ranked 17th among Top Pharmacy Institutes of India by NIRF, MHRD Government of India. The institute comes under the umbrella of Nirma University, one of the leading universities based in Ahmedabad. Institute of Pharmacy offers degree and doctorate programs.
Institute of Pharmacy, Nirma University Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||2003 | Private|
|Approved by||AICTE, PCI, NAAC|
|Affiliated to||Nirma University|
|Entrance Exam||National: GPAT|
|Courses Offered||UG, PG & Ph.D|
|Top Recruiters||APCER Pharma, Lambda Therapeutics, Alembic, TRC (Torrent Pharma), Zydus Cadila, Stellarix Consultancy, Lupin Research Cel, Piramal Healthcare|
|Facilities Available||Library, Hostel, Auditorium, Sports|
The Admission Coordinator Institute of Pharmacy, Nirma University,
Institute of Pharmacy, Nirma University Ranking
- IPNU achieved the First rank amongst the Pharmacy Colleges in Gujarat state with Five Star rating and overall CGPA of 4.51 in Gujarat State Institutional Rating Framework (GSIRF) 2020.
- Received NBA (National Board Accreditation) for B.Pharm program for a period of three years 2019 to 2022 upto 30th June 2020.
Institute of Pharmacy, Nirma University Courses
Institute of Pharmacy Ahmedabad offers UG, PG and Ph.D. programs. Tabulated below are the details for the same:
|B.Pharm||Pharmacy||10+2 examination in relevant subject from a recognized university|
|M.Pharm||Pharmaceutics, Regulatory Affairs, Pharmacology, Pharmaceutical Analysis||
Institute of Pharmacy, Nirma University Admission
The university offers online application through the ‘Online Admission Application Portal’ of the university. Follow the below steps to fill the admission form:
- Visit the official website of the university and then navigate to the Institute of Pharmacy.
- Go to the ‘Online Admission Application Portal’ and register yourself.
- Fill the application form with all the required details.
- Pay the application fee of 1,250 via online or offline mode (credit card/debit card/net banking/ cheque/ DD).
- DD should be in favor of ‘Institute of Pharmacy, Nirma University’ payable at Ahmedabad,
- The applicant must write the complete name and application number on the backside of the cheque/DD.
Institute of Pharmacy, Nirma University Placement
Institute of Pharmacy has a dedicated Manager- Corporate Relations. It is supported by faculty placement coordinators and student coordinators, working under the guidance of the Director and in association with respective heads of the departments. Placement Cell facilitates student visits to industries, industrial training, project placement & campus interviews. The cell undertakes various activities of training and grooming of students in terms of conducting mock interviews, GD sessions, resume writing workshops, HR meeting, Mock Placement aptitude test, SWOT analysis, etc. It has forged good relationships with many reputed companies in the field of pharmaceutical and life sciences.
Top Recruiters: APCER Pharma, Lambda Therapeutics, Alembic, Biocon, Novartis, Macleods Pharma, Jannsen Pharmaceuticals(J&J), Troika, TRC (Torrent Pharma), Zydus Cadila, Stellarix Consultancy, Lupin Research Cel, Piramal Healthcare, Veeda Clinical Research, GSK Pharmaceuticals, etc.
Institute of Pharmacy, Nirma University Scholarship
Student scholarships provide an opportunity as well as play an instrumental role in encouraging education and research. The institute provides various scholarship schemes and financial aids for the students. The institute motivates students to apply for various governmental and private bodies for full or partial financial assistance.
Stipend: The institute offers a monthly stipend to all the students of the MPharm program.
- GPAT qualified candidates will receive an amount of INR 12,400 per month.
- Non-GPAT candidates will get an amount of INR 5,000 per month.
Institute of Pharmacy, Nirma University Faculty
IoP Ahmedabad has a large and diverse faculty of highly qualified and experienced faculty members. The faculty is known for its outstanding faculty. The institute has a team of highly qualified faculty members, the majority of them have long teaching experience and are associated with the institution for many years.
Institute of Pharmacy, Nirma University FAQs
Ques. What is the selection criteria for admission?
Ans. The selection criteria for admission is based on the marks obtained in the following entrance examinations:
|M.Pharm||GPAT/ Entrance test|
|Ph.D||Entrance Test & Interview/ Viva Voce|
Ques. What is the seat intake criteria for International Students?
Ans. 15% of total intake in each program being conducted at the Institute of Pharmacy, is available for admission under the Supernumerary category, out of which one-third i.e 5% seats are earmarked for CIWGC (GULF) - SEA. You can contact the Office of International Relations via mail or contact at 079-30642499.
Ques. What is the intake capacity for admission?
Ans. The intake capacity for admission is as follows:
B.Pharm: As per ACPC, Gujarat State Norms seats are filled as follows:
- 85 Seats - admission through ACPC, Gujarat
- 15 Seats - admission as NRI Seats by Nirma University
- 05 Seats - (Supernumerary/Additional) for Tuition Fee Waiver (TFW) Scheme to be filled by ACPC, Gujarat
- 15 Seats - (Supernumerary) as PIO, GULF, FN, CIWGC-SEA Quota
- Pharmaceutics: 15 Seats
- Regulatory Affairs: 12 Seats
- Pharmacology: 12 Seats
- Pharmaceutical Analysis: 15 Seats