National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER), Guwahati, established in 2008, is the first educational institution specializing in pharmaceutical science at the national level. It is affiliated to Gauhati University, Guwahati, and is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
The institute offers various Postgraduate courses in multiple fields related to pharmaceutics like Pharmacology and Toxicology, Biotechnology, Pharmacy Practise, Pharmaceutics and Pharmaceutical analysis. Admission to these programs is based on the merit secured in the qualifying examination.
NIPER Guwahati Highlights
|Affiliated to||Gauhati University, Guwahati|
|Approved by||All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)|
|Courses Offered||PG and Ph.D.|
|Admission Criteria||Merit in the qualifying exam|
|Facilities Available||Academic Blocks, Central library, Labs, Canteen, Auditorium, Computer and Communications Centre, Hostel, Transport, Animal House, Central Instruments Facility, Sports and Gaming|
NIPER Guwahati Courses
The institute offers various courses like Master of Science (M.S), Master of Pharmacy (M.Pharm), and Doctorate programmes in various streams.
|M.S (Pharm)||Biotechnology||Must pass B.Pharm or equivalent degree with minimum 60% aggregate|
|Pharmacology and Toxicology|
|M.Pharm||Pharmacy Practice||Must pass B.Pharm or equivalent degree with minimum 60% aggregate|
|Ph.D.||Pharmaceutics||Must pass Masters degree from a reputed university Selection based on qualifying exam and interview|
|Pharmacology and Toxicology|
NIPER Guwahati Admission
Admission to the PG courses is an online process and based on merit secured in the Entrance Exam (NIPER JEE). Candidates must have completed graduation in a stream relevant to the course of interest.
Admission to the Ph.D. programs is based on marks obtained in NIPER-JEE followed by Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
Documents Required At Counseling:
- NIPER JEE 2020 Application Form Printout (02 Copies)
- Matriculation Certificate as a proof of age and correct name.
- Mark sheets of all the semesters/years of the qualifying degree.
- GPAT/GATE/NET score card, wherever applicable.
- Admit card of NIPER JEE (online test).
- Original Migration Certificate (Last Attended University/ Institute)
- Certificate of reservation, if applicable.
- Certificate of reservation and certificate of income
How to Apply?
- Log on to the official website of NIPER
- Download the application form and fill in the required details
- Pay the application fee online
- Submit the form along with the necessary documents.
Also check NIPER Guwahati Admission
NIPER Guwahati Placements
The institute has a dedicated placement cell comprising both students and teachers who continuously work to bridge the gap between the institute and the industry. Students are trained to be industry-ready throughout the study.
- They invite reputed companies in the field to the college in the months between November to July to conduct placement and internship drives.
- Details of interested students are then sent to the companies and dates are fixed mutually.
- Pre-placement talks, aptitude tests, group discussions, telephonic interviews and other activities are conducted by the companies to shortlist the students through various rounds.
- Students are then offered an internship or job after multiple interview rounds.
Read more NIPER Guwahati Placement
NIPER Guwahati Scholarships
Scholarships are given to the students based on the merit in NIPER JEE exam and the availability of funds.
- For all Masters students having a minimum of 6 CGPA every semester, a stipend of Rs. 12,400 is provided.
- A sum of 25,000 per month for the first two years and then Rs. 28,000 per month from third year onwards is awarded to PhD students having M.Tech, M.S and M.Pharm degrees.
Click here NIPER Guwahati Scholarships
NIPER Guwahati Faculty
NIPER has numerous well educated faculty members who are doctors and scientists very well versed in their field of study. This proves to be of high advantage to students as they receive the best guidance to gain knowledge and frame their career.
Read more NIPER Guwahati Faculty
NIPER Guwahati Facilities
- Academic Block: It consists of spacious classrooms with modern teaching amenities.
- Central Library: The library gives students and faculty access to research journals and papers, books, publications, textbooks, magazines and periodicals.
- Laboratories: There are separate labs for all departments aiming to create a practical understanding of the students and encourage research activities.
- Computer & Communications Lab: It provides 20 computer systems connected to a fibre optic LAN network available to all students and faculty for research purposes and also takes care of other tasks like Electronic Information Retrieval.
- Hostel: Hostel facilities are available to both boys and girls and the compound also includes a Family Quarters and Guest House.
- Animal House: This facility is provided to the students for research.
- Transport: Timely transportation facilities are provided to all students to areas of accommodation, research and industrial visits.
- Guwahati Biotech Park: It is established for carrying out the experimental work of students and has quality instruments including Element analysers, Spectrophotometers, Spectrometers, Centrifuges, Chromatography equipment and other analytical instruments.
NIPER Guwahati FAQs
Ques. When does the admission procedure start in NIPER?
Ques. How many seats in NIPER are reserved?
Ques. What is the fee range of courses in NIPER?
Ques. Who are the top recruiters visiting NIPER?
Ques. What are the average salary package students are offered in NIPER during placements?