PSG College of Pharmacy (PSGCP) is a part of the famous PSG group located inside the PSG Health Campus in Peelamedu at the Coimbatore City, Tamil Nadu. It was established in 2001 and has grown to get the annual ISO certification standards since 2005. It is also recognized as the Industrial Scientific Research Organization by DSIR. It is affiliated to the Dr. MGR Medical University, Chennai. The college offers various degrees in the field of Pharmacy. It offers on-campus placement in various companies such as Ranbaxy Laboratories, Sun Pharmaceuticals, Alembic Pharmaceuticals, Biocon Ltd., and so on.
Check PSGCP Coimbatore Reviews
PSGCP Coimbatore Highlights
|Established | Institution Type||2001 | Private|
|Approved by||AICTE and PCI|
|Courses offered||5 courses across one stream|
|Level of Courses||UG, PG, Integrated, and Ph.D.|
|Admission Type||Merit-Based and Entrance-based|
|Facilities||Labs, library, auditorium, and seminar hall|
|Top Recruiters||Ranbaxy Labs, Sun Pharma, Alembic Pharma, and Biocon Ltd.|
PSGCP Coimbatore Ranking/ Achievements
Some of the achievements and ranking banged by the institution are:
- Ranked at 51st spot in NIRF ranking list by MHRD.
- Recognized as an Industrial Scientific Research Organisation by DSIR.
- Holds the annual ISO certification standards since 2005.
PSGCP Coimbatore Courses
The various levels of courses offered by the institution is tabulated in the below table with reference to the duration and eligibility for each course.
|B.Pharm.||4 years||For all categories except SC/ST -35% minimum individually in Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Botany and Zoology or Mathematics subjects both in theory and practical and minimum of 40% marks in aggregate in 12th board and for SC/ST – minimum of 35% marks in aggregate (or) Diploma in Pharmacy from a recognized Institution|
|M.Pharm.||2 years||Passed B.Pharm. degree from any recognized University|
|Pharm.D. (Integrated)||6 years||Passing 10+2 exam with Physics, Chemistry, and Maths/Biology as compulsory subjects (or) D.Pharm. and any other qualification from an institution approved by PCI.|
|Pharm.D||3 years||Passed in B.Pharm. from an institution approved by PCI|
Read More PSGCP Coimbatore Courses and Fees
PSGCP Coimbatore Admission
All admissions are done on merit basis. 50% seats are as Government quota for Tamil Nadu candidates. Remaining 50% is filled on All-India basis.
Earlier, the application form was available offline but due to COVID 19, admission form is available in online only.
- Visit the official site of the institution.
- Register and open the application form.
- It has to be duly filled and submitted with copies of 10th and 12th standard mark sheet and community certificate, address for communication with 2 contact number, and mention the preferred course.
- The selection will be done as per the rules framed by the Government of Tamil Nadu and institution management.
Read More PSGCP Coimbatore Admission
PSGCP Coimbatore Placements
The placement offered at the institution is quite good. The placement rate is around 60% - 70%. Many companies like Ranbaxy Laboratories, Sun Pharmaceuticals, Alembic Pharmaceuticals, Biocon Ltd., Novartis, Novonordisk, Cipla and so on visit the college campus. The average salary package ranges from INR 2 LPA – 3.5 LPA. Apart from placement, internship opportunities are also provided.
Read More PSGCP Coimbatore Placement
PSGCP Coimbatore Facilities
Facilities offered to the students by the institution include:
- Library- There is one central library and college library within the campus itself. There are books related to almost all fields of specialized courses offered by the institution. It remains open from 8 am in the morning till midnight. Locker system is made available in the Central Library.
- Auditorium- An Auditorium is present in the college campus where a number of National and International conferences and seminars are conducted.
- Sports Space- Playground with well-maintained courts for games like Volleyball, Cricket, and Basket Ball are available. Indoor games court for shuttle and table tennis games are also provided.
- Garden- Herbal Garden created by the Department of Pharmacognosy is maintained in an area of half acre land with 50 different herbal plants. It also helps the students in their academic activities by identifying the medicinal plant species. It is also dedicated to the public and they can gain its benefits.
- PSG Hospital- The institution has a separate hospital facility that consists of 1300 beds and provides all kinds of medical facilities from primary to tertiary level. It is a teaching hospital that offers courses in UG, PG programmes of Medicine, Nursing, Physiotherapy and Pharmacy. It provides quality health care as well.
- Miscellaneous Facilities- Canteen, Cafeteria, Hostels, stationary store, and refreshment stalls are also made available for the students in the campus.
Read More PSGCP Coimbatore Hostel
PSGCP Coimbatore Faculty
The faculty of the institution is constituted with many experienced personalities from the fields of Pharmacy. It consists of 33 faculty members with 6 of them holding Ph.D. degree along with 21 supporting staff.
Read More PSGCP Coimbatore Faculty
PSGCP Coimbatore FAQs
Ques. What is the fee structure of PSGCP Coimbatore?
Ques. How are seats allotted at PSGCP Coimbatore?
Ques. Is there any hostel facility at PSGCP Coimbatore?
Ques. What is the hostel fee at PSGCP Coimbatore?
Ques. What has been the highest package at PSGCP Coimbatore?