Pt Bhagwat Dayal Sharma Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences (PGIMS) was established under the name of Medical College, Rohtak. It is the major institute for medical education. Medical College, Rohtak was renamed as Pt. B.D.Sharma. It was upgraded to a postgraduate institute of medical sciences. It is a famous institute not for medical education but also for healthcare facilities.
Check PGIMS Rohtak Admission
PGIMS Rohtak Highlights
Type of Institution
All India Council for Technical Education
How to Reach
240 km from Chandigarh
70 km from Delhi on Delhi-Hissar-Sirsa-Fazilka National Highway
PGIMS Rohtak Courses
Courses offered at PGIMS Rohtak are of all degree levels such as Undergraduate, Postgraduate, and Doctoral.
- Master of Chirurgiae in Pediatric Surgery is a full-time postgraduate degree awarded for a program in the field of surgery. The seat intake is of 1. Master of Chirurgiae in Burns and Plastic Surgery is a postgraduate degree of duration 2-years and seat intake of 1. Master of Chirurgiae in Cardio-Thoracic Surgery is a master degree with full-time 2-year duration and seat intake of 2. Master of Chirurgiae in Urology a postgraduate surgical degree offered which focus on the urinary tract of females and males with seat intake of 1. Master of Dental Surgery is offered in 6 departments with seat intake of 13. Selection will be on basis of merit as determined by the competitive test conducted by the university/ NEET PG.
- M. Phil Psychiatric Social Work is a doctorate degree of duration 2-years with seat intake of 8. M.Phil Clinical Psychology is a full-time doctorate degree with seat intake of 8. Selection of candidates to both these courses will be based on the performance of candidates in the competitive exam conducted by the university.
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery is a full-time bachelors degree with course duration of 5 years. The seat intake in MBBS course is 200. Bachelor of Dental Surgery is a 4-year full-time bachelor course with seat intake of 60. Selection of candidates is done on the basis of merit determined by competitive entrance exam conducted by the university.
- Master of Pharmacy (Pharmaceutics) is a postgraduate degree in the field of pharmacy. The seat intake of this course is 18. Master of Pharmacy (Pharmaceutical Biotechnology) is a 2-year full-time degree course with seat intake of 18. Selection of candidates will be based on the merit list of entrance exam GPAT conducted by AICTE.
- M.Sc. Nursing is a two-year course with seat intake of 10. B.Sc. Nursing is an undergraduate degree course with a 4-year duration. Selection of candidates will be based on their performance in the university conducted a competitive exam.
- Bachelor of Science is offered in Medical Lab. Technology, Medical Tech. Op. Theatre (O.T.), Optometry, Radiography, and Radiotherapy which are fields of the paramedical stream. Bachelor in Physiotherapy is a four-year degree course with seat intake of 30. Bachelor in Prosthetics & Orthotics is offered which is an undergraduate degree course with seat intake of 10. Selection of candidates will be made by determining the merit list declared by the university after the competitive entrance test.
Also, Check PGIMS Rohtak Fees Structure