NEU (Northeastern University) is honored for a position at 40 among the best colleges within the USA. UF (University of Florida), on the other hand, ranks at 34 among the best colleges within the nation. Details of comparative analysis of these two universities is as follows:
|Northeastern University||University of Florida|
|ranking (overall)||# 176 Times Higher Education 2021 |
# 176 Times Higher Education 2021
# 177 US News 2021
|# 80 Times Higher Education 2021 |
# 85 Center for World University Rankings 2021
# 107 US News 2021
|subject strength||# 93 for Law by Times Higher Education 2021 |
# 96 for Clinical Science by Times Higher Education 2021
# 126 for Psychology by Times Higher Education 2021
|# 78 for Education by Times Higher Education 2021 |
# 84 for Clinical Science by Times Higher Education 2021
# 84 for International Business by Times Higher Education 2021
|programs||UG Programs -8|
PG Programs -56
|UG Programs -111|
PG Programs -93
Doctorate Programs -8
|acceptance rate||27.4 %||42.0 %|
|exam score||GMAT - 588|
GRE - 310
TOEFL - 90
IELTS - 6.5
SAT - 1445
ACT - 33
|GMAT - 681|
TOEFL - 87.5
IELTS - 7
GRE - 317
SAT - 1320
ACT - 30
|cost to study||Average Tuition Fees 54368 USD|
[For UG Program]
Average Tuition Fees 48000 USD
[For PG Program]
Hostel + Meal - 33560 USD Per Year
|Average Tuition Fees 28658 USD|
[For UG Program]
Average Tuition Fees 30134 USD
[For PG Program]
Hostel + Meal - 23570 USD Per Year
|placement (average package)|
Graduate employability rankings: #201-250
Average Alumni salaries: $54,800
|campuses and b schools||NA||Hough Graduate School of Business|
|collegedunia reviews||8.1/10 Read 24 reviews||8.6/10 Read 31 reviews|
Other Popular Comparisons
|General Facts||Northeastern University||University of Florida|
|type of university||University||University|
|Male:Female||49.3% Male, 50.7% Female||45.5% Male, 54.5% Female|
The campus is located near to Museum of Fine Arts and Symphony Hall. It is situated in the heart of Boston and is filled with greenery. Northeastern University lies in the neighborhood of Huntington Avenue.
Largest single-campus university in the nation. The only university in USA with 6 different healthcare colleges. The campus is bounded by Archer Road and University Avenue. You can visit local and state parks in Gainesville.
More than 50,000 printed books, 861,676 ebooks, 100,887 licenced e-journals, and 116,739 streaming audio and visual titles.The professional research available is accessible to public (open).
4,577,222 volumes, 8,099,054 microforms; 629,979 ebooks; 78,797 e-journals; 356 electronic databases.
32 intramural sports, 18 varsity sports, and 43 club sports. Additionally, campus offers Fall Fest, Afro Flow Yoga workshop, Field hockey, volleyball, soccer games, Night at the student center, and First pages.
Campus has Florida Museum of Natural History,
|hostel||#On campus - $15880|
#Off campus (not with family) - $15880
#Off campus (with family) - $1800
|#On campus - $9910|
#Off campus (not with family) - $9910
#Off campus (with family) - $3750
Shawn Fanning (Computer programmer), Wendy Williams (TV host), Reggie Lewis (basketball player), Jane Curtin (actress), James Franklin Jeffrey (American Diplomat), Jeff Clarke (Executive Chairman of FTD), Albert Sacco (Dean Whitacre College of Engineering), Yale Patt (professor), Mo Cowan (former US Senator).
Half a million students had graduated from University of Florida. Eight Former US ambassador, 6 astronauts, and 10 former lorida governors. Notable alumni are Michael Connelly (author), Maurkice Puncey (football center), Faye Dunaway (actress), Marco Rubio (senator of Florida), Kevin Ford (Astronaut), Katie Miller (American Government Appointee).
With a huge student community, the population diversity is vast and lies within the same braoder age group. The city offers a great nightlif with gastropubs, live music, and cocktail bars. Boston’s cosmopolitan excitement is bus-ride away. Average salaries offered within the state are up to 97,5000 USD
Gainesville is the largest city in Alachua County; It has a regional transit system, a municipal airport, and a championship golf course; Education, healthcare, retail and hospitality are the largest employing sectors; Unemployment rate was 3.0% in January 2020; Major tourist attractions are Butterfly Rainforest, Florida Museum of Natural History, Kanapaha Botanical Gardens, Sweetwater Wetlands Park, etc.
Why Study at the University of Florida?
- Higher acceptance rate at the university allows an international student with higher chances of getting an acceptance letter to admission at UF.
- The MBA program at UF is not only ranked better as per Financial Times, but the weighted average salaries offered to its alumni are around 30,000 USD more than the MBA graduates of Northeastern University.
- As per US News and World Reports, UF has the eleventh-best biological/agricultural engineering program in the USA.
- The university is highly focused on sustainable development. Each study area offered across 34 departments at UF includes at least one course on sustainability.
- The University has helped in launching more than 190 start-ups in the past 15 years. Most of these are based on the researcher’s technologies.
University of Florida is known for its sustainable approach and research technologies. Students looking for programs based on either of these can opt for UF over Northeastern University.
Why Study at Northeastern University?
- The cost of studying at Northeastern University is lower than the cost of study at UF. A degree in UG program at NEU can cost you around 30,000 USD less than UF.
- The score requirement for exams to study in the USA is lower for Northeastern University as compared to its scores. Though the acceptance rate at UF is higher, admissions with UF may seem difficult because of the higher score requirement.
- The overall average alumni salaries offered to Northeastern University graduates are higher than UF.
- NEU has a better library collection than UF and also offers a wider variety of co-curricular activity options. The number of sports teams are more at NEU.
With an urban campus setting Northeastern University offers an international student with better campus life and higher average packages. However, the choice will largely depend on the program options.