Certificate Course in German language can be pursued by students as well as professionals who choose to get fluency and hold over a language, which shall further help in their higher studies.
Certificate course in German can be done either through various colleges or through individual institutions specialized for the same.
Certificate Course in German language can be pursued through college after finishing 10+2. Certificate Course in German language duration is usually a one-year, mainly concentrating on reading, listening, writing and speaking proficiency.
The exams of Certificate Course in German language are usually conducted on semester basis or year wise.
Know More: Certificate Courses in India
Learning German widens a lot of career options including getting a job as a teacher, translator, working in the field hospitality, media, playing a role of research analyst, engineering jobs in Germany as well as India and many more.
Certificate course in German: Course Highlights
|Name||Certificate Course in German|
|Course Level||Certificate course/ Diploma|
|Duration||1 year (can be of 6 months)|
|Examination type||Semester wise, yearly examination|
|Eligibility||10+2 passed with 55% passing or any equivalent qualification from a recognized board|
|Admission||On merit basis|
|Course Fee||Approximately ranges between INR 2,000 to INR 30,000|
|Top Recruiting Areas||Teacher, Translation, Tourism, Business Process Outsourcing, Media, Hospitality|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 10,000 to 15,000 per month.|
Certificate course in German: Admission Process
The admission for the certificate course varies from college to college. There are various colleges which provide online admission facilities. Unlike other courses, admission for the certificate course of German language does not require entrance examinations and is usually on merit basis. Generally, the procedure is as below:
- Students who have passed 10+2 or any equivalent examination can apply to colleges who are offering the German language course for that particular academic year.
- The colleges then prepare their merit list and interested candidates are required to accept and confirm the seat offered.
- Seat of the student shall be confirmed once paying the course fee.
Read more: Certificate courses Admission Process 2021
Certificate course in German: Eligibility Criteria
In order to apply for this particular course, the eligibility criteria are that the student must have passed 10+2 or should have any other equivalent qualification from a recognized state or central board. The minimum passing score being 55% in case of general category.
- The minimum marks for reserved category students is 45% to 50%.
- In order to apply as a reserved category student, one must present their reservation certificate issued by the authorities.
- No student should have any backlogs or compartments in any subject in their 10+2 during the time of their admission.
- Every college has their own different criteria for admission and one must fulfill all those in order to be a part of the institution.
Why study Certificate course in German?
- Having knowledge of a foreign language always gives you an edge throughout your life. Learning German has its own advantage.
- The eligibility for the certificate course is pretty basic and hence can be pursued by any individual.
- The certificate course for the language is for a shorter period that is for 1 year (6 months in some cases).
- In just a short span, one can open doors to various career options. Knowledge of German increases one’s job opportunities in foreign as well as in one’s own country.
- German is the second most commonly used scientific language and hence is an advantage for students pursuing science.
- Germany is a powerhouse for huge companies like BMW, Volkswagen, Bosch, Adidas and many more which are established all over the world, giving the aspirants a great benefit.
- German speaking population has also produced some of the greatest literary, art, musical work and philosophical minds in human history, giving an opportunity to come across all of that amazing work.
Certificate course in German: What is it about?
- German is one of the major languages of the world and is widely popular for being influential in the fields of science and technology.
- For all the learners and aspirants of German language, they will not only learn the fundamentals of the language but will also come across and embrace a new culture.
- The course helps the student in focusing on reading, writing, listening and speaking skills by catering and giving equal weightage to all of them.
- The aim of the course is to make a neophyte, have a better understanding of the language so much as to use it conveniently.
- The course syllabus varies from college to college, however the bsaic criteria is usually the same. A general overview is given below
Certificate course in German: Top Colleges with Fees
All across the country there are various colleges who provide certificate courses in German language.
The basic and general eligibility stands as 10+2 pass out or an equivalent qualification from any such authorized board, although different colleges may have different criteria. Here are shortlisted colleges offering the same course:
|Name of College||Duration||Average fees|
|Kurukshetra University||1 year||INR 3,693|
|English and Foreign Languages University (EFLU)||1 year||INR 2,000|
|Savitribai Phule Pune University||1 year||INR 5,850|
|Jawaharlal Nehru Academy of Languages||1 year (2 semesters of 5 months each)||18,000 per semester|
|Hansraj College||1 year||INR 14,800|
|University of Mumbai||1 year||INR 14,200|
|SRM University||1 year||INR 15,000|
|Hindu College||1 year||INR 19,500|
|Symbiosis Institute of Foreign and Indian Languages||1 year||INR 12,000|
|Allahabad State University||1 year||___|
|MIT School of Foreign Language||1 year||INR 20,000|
|IGNOU||Minimum- 6 months
Maximum- 2 years
|Goethe Institut||Approximately 18 weeks for each level||INR 22,000 for one level|
What is the Certificate course in German Syllabus?
Every college provides a different course syllabus and applies different methods to fulfill that criteria. However, the main focus always remains on reading, writing and speaking proficiency. There are various institutes who even conduct online classes for the certificate course.
Given below are compartmentalization of the syllabus and recommendation of the books which can be referred.
|Papers||Subject of focus|
|Paper I (Communicative Aspect)||
|Paper 2 (Text Comprehension and Written Expression)||
|Paper III (Oral Expression)||
Certificate course in German: Course Comparison
Given below is a comparison between certificate course in German vs Bachelor degree in German.
|Parameters||Certificate course in German||Bachelor degree in German.|
|Duration||1 Year||3 Years|
|Focus Area||The main goal is to attain complete proficiency in the language.||The main criterion is to provide intensive training in the language.|
|Eligibility Criteria||Passed 10+2 from a recognized board in any stream.||Passed 10+2 from a recognized board in any stream, preferably with a minimum aggregate.|
|Average Course Fees||INR 2,000 to INR 30,000.||INR 1,000 to INR 1,00,000 per annum|
|Average Placement Package||INR 2,00,000 to INR 6,00,000||INR 2,00,000 to INR 15,00,000|
Read more: Bachelor in Foreign language
Certificate course in German: Job Profiles
Here are some job positions that students can opt for after completing Certificate course in German:
|Industry||Job Profile||Descriptive Role||Average Annual Salary for freshers|
|Tourism||Tourism Coordinator||The job mainly requires coordinating with tourists speaking German, assisting them throughout their tour including all the activities.||INR 1,25,000 - INR 2,50,000|
|Education||Teacher/ Instructor||The role mainly includes imparting knowledge of the language to the students.||INR 1,80,000 – INR 3,00,000|
|Multinational Companies||Translator||The person is required to transcend language barriers smoothly. Along with German, the person is required to have knowledge of other languages too.||INR 1,50,000- INR 2,00,000|
|Embassy||Assistant at Embassy||The duties at embassy deal with coordination with Germany and work related to it||INR 9,00,000|
|Media||Journalist/ Content Developer||The role is to develop content / news in German language||-|
|Hospitality||Hospitality||The hotel, entertainment, hospitality, travel, and tourism sector are one of the fastest and enormously growing industry of the economy and hence are a great career option||-|
|Science and Technology||Scientists and Researchers||Germany is the third largest contributor to research and development and offers research fellowship to scientists from abroad||-|
Certificate course in German: Future Scope
Students completing certificate courses in German can secure a professional job. However, they can opt for higher education to boost their profile and widen their career opportunities. They can opt for courses such as BA in German, MA in German and further postgraduate studies.
Certificate course in German: FAQs
Ques. Are there any private institutes to pursue a certificate course in german?
Ans. Yes there are institutes like Goethe Institut, which offer courses for German and have their own examination method with different levels like A1, A2, B1, B2, C1, C2. Students can also opt for other private institutions offering the course in India.
Ques. Is German language necessary for admission in Germany?
Ans. Most of the prestige colleges in Germany ask for German Proficiency, but it is not a compulsory rule to know. However, students would benefit from knowing and conversing in this particular language there.
Ques. Is German difficult to learn?
Ans. With plenty of straightforward rules, German is not actually as hard to learn as most people think. And since English and German stem from the same language family, you might actually be surprised at the things you pick up without even trying!
Ques. Among all foreign languages, why choose German?
Ans. German is one of the major languages of the world and is widely popular for being influential in the fields of science and technology. Students pursuing STEM courses in Germany will benefit highly from this course.
Ques. What is the scope after learning German?
Ans. One can work as a Translator, Teacher, work at the Embassy, become a Bilingual Language Specialist and much more. However, students are generally not offered educational posts after a certificate course.
Ques. What is the course fee for a certificate course in german?
Ans. It varies from college to college. However, it generally ranges between INR 2,000 to 30,000 for the entire course or a single semester.
Ques. What is the average salary for German language skills?
Ans. The average salary for a fresher ranges between INR 10,000 to 15,000 per month