The certificate in the English course is designed for 6.5 months. It is a full-time course. Those students who have an interest in English and want to obtain new English skills can pursue this course. Focus is given only on the English language and only the English subject is taught in this certificate course on various English specializations. And for pursuing this course, all the students must complete class 12th higher school certificate/graduation in English/ Diploma or any other English related course with a minimum 50% of marks from any recognized board.
Know More About English Courses
The entrance exam is conducted before the admission. The process of admission is completely based on scores obtained in the entrance examination and the total marks secured by a student from class 10th onwards to graduation or the marks obtained in any equivalent Diploma course examination.
Read more Certificate in English Colleges in India
Certificate in English Top Colleges
Some of the top colleges in India offer this Certificate in English courses. The name of these colleges, their admission process, fees, placement offer are mentioned below:
|NIRF University Ranking||College Name||Admission Process||Average Fees in INR||Average Placement Offer|
|3||Banaras Hindu University||Based on HSC merit percentage||5,000||4,50,000|
|43||Symbiosis International University||3,200||4,50,000|
|151-200||Sharda University Noida||30,000||4,00,000|
|151-200||The Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University||2,300||3,50,000|
- In most of the top colleges, the average fees charged for pursuing this certificate course is around 30,000.
- You can opt for dual certificate courses as there are various specializations on the English certificate course. Like for example, the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), Cambridge English Examinations (CAE), Business English Certificate (BEC), and Test of English for International Communication (TOEIC).
- After completing this course you will get jobs in various repute institutions like colleges, schools, universities, advertising agencies, various news publication firms, etc.
- The average salary that a student can get after pursuing this course is 2 to 3 LPA
- You can further choose various other specializations in English literature.
Certificate in English Admission Process
For taking admission in this course, you must complete class 12th or higher secondary examination (any stream) or graduation with English as a compulsory subject. The admissions are usually on a first come first serve basis.
Certificate in English Eligibility
For pursuing this course, the minimum eligibility criteria required for a student is that the students must complete the 12th final year examination or higher secondary examination. However, any graduate students with English as a compulsory subject can apply for this course. Students completing any recognized course with more than 50% of marks can choose to pursue this course.
Certificate in English Entrance Exams
There are no entrance exams required to take admission to the Certificate in English course. The admissions are first come first serve basis admissions within the stipulated time period.
How to get admission in a good college offering Certificate in English?
- Here, in this article, we mention the top 5 colleges that offer certificates in English courses. You can select one college of your choice. For the admission process, marks obtained in the previous qualified courses like 12th final year exam/Graduation or any Diploma course are required for admission.
- Some of the good colleges for the course are ranked by the Indian and Global ranking Agencies. Check the table below to find out the best colleges offering Certificates in English courses based on Ranking Agency.
What the Certificate in English course is all about?
This course is all about learning new English skills. Those students who have an interest in English and love English literature can opt for this course. Students who want to pursue this course must understand and speak the basic English language well.
- They must have studied English subjects in their previous courses. Without knowing English you cannot go for pursuing the Certificate in English course. This course is available online also. If students are willing to study this course online, then they can go for it. Both online and offline (in the classroom) classes are available for the students.
- The duration of this course is 6.5 - 7 months. In this time duration, you will be able to learn many new skills and knowledge about the English language.
- The various specialization courses are starting from beginner to master level. The master levels are tougher than the beginner level. It will be good and easy for you if you first choose the beginner level certificate course. Starting from the beginner level you can learn the master level English certificate course. There are certain classifications in this certificate in the English course and its specializations. The level from beginner to expert are divided as A1, A2, B1, B2, C1, and C2. Students will be able to get various knowledge at each level of specialized certification in the English course. If you complete all the levels of certificate courses then you will learn a high level of knowledge for the English language.
Certificate in English Course Highlights
|Course Level||Level Based Certification|
|Full-Form||Certificate in English|
|Eligibility||Any recognized course with a minimum of 50% of marks|
|Admission Process||Entrance cum Merit-based|
|Course Fees||Between INR 2000 - INR 1,25,000|
|Average Salary||INR 50,000 - 4,50,000 PA|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Colleges, Universities, Schools, Advertising agencies, Publication firms, etc|
|Job Positions||Lecturer, Teacher, Language Instructor, Tutor, etc|
Why you should choose this particular course of Certificate in English?
This course is very beneficial for all the students. After completing this course it will be an added qualification for you through which you can build your future career as a language trainer or instructor.
- You can become an English language trainer or instructor and can start your teachings. It will be beneficial for you to become more expert and fluent and at the same, you can equally distribute your knowledge to all other students who are willing to learn English literature and its specializations. Not only this you can also become a Lecturer, Teacher, or professor in colleges, schools, or universities.
- After pursuing this course, a student will inculcate many new skills in the English language. In each of the specialized levels which starts from beginner to expert learning skills are different. Students will get skills in a foreign language in this certificate in the English course. How to speak a foreign language and how to pronounce the words in a foreign language all are very distinctly mentioned in this certification course. Once you complete this course you can easily communicate with the International people. The more you practice the more fluent your communication will be. This will also add positivity to your life.
- This course has a lot of future benefits. As this course is very much demanding you can establish your career in various well-known organizations like enterprises, advertising agencies, various publications, schools, colleges, and universities, etc. You can just choose the best-suited job once completing this course. If you are passionate about teaching then you can go for teaching as a language trainer or instructor or else if you love to pen down then you can join any publication firm as an English writer or Editor. For these job positions, Certificates in English courses are much necessary and it will add value to your job profile.
Certificate in English Course Comparison
Certificate in English and Certificate in Spoken English. The comparison of these 2 courses is discussed below:
|Parameters||Certificate in English||Certificate in Spoken English|
|Overview||The importance is given on both reading and writing the English language||The importance is given on speaking the English language|
|Type||This is only a certificate course||This is a diploma and certificate course|
|Course fees||INR 2,000 - INR 1,25,000||INR 10,000 - INR 45,000|
|Examination Type||Certification||Semester / Yearly|
Certificate in English Course Specialization
The Undergraduate Certificate in English course is a standalone course and does not provide specializations in any particular direction. The only university that provides higher levels of English language is the one by Chitkara University. The English language certificate by this university starts at the foundation level. After completing the foundation course, one can move further through the levels to improve their English language skills according to the European association.
Top Colleges for Certificate in English
The top colleges and their comparisons with other colleges in terms of admission fees, placements, recruiting companies are mentioned below. Also note that for Certificate in English course, these colleges do not offer any other Research opportunities:
|NIRF University Ranking||College Name||Admission Process||Average Annual Fees in INR||Average Placement Package|
|3||Banaras Hindu University Varanasi||Direct Admission based on 12th standard||5,000||4,50,000|
|43||Symbiosis International University Pune||3,200||4,50,000|
|151-200||Sharda University Noida||30,000||4,00,000|
|151-200||The Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University||2,300||3,50,000|
|151-200||Chitkara University Patiala||1,25,000||3,50,000|
Certificate in English College Comparison
Below mentioned is a comparison in three colleges based on NIRF University ranking offering Certificate in English Course:
|Parameter||BHU Varanasi||SIU Pune||Sharda University Noida|
|Overview||BHU is a central university and is one of the oldest universities in India. Along with NIRF, it has also ranked well in QS World rankings.||SIU was established in 2002 and offers an array of programs. It has multiple schools under its ambit and provides high-quality education.||Sharda University has been one of the fastest-growing universities and has been ranking in some of the Indian and Global ranking systems.|
|Average placement||4.5 Lakhs||4.5 Lakhs||4 Lakhs|
|Placement companies||Schools, Colleges, Universities, Publishing firms, Advertising Agencies||Schools, Colleges, Universities, Publishing firms, Advertising Agencies||Schools, Colleges, Universities, Publishing firms, Advertising Agencies|
|NIRF Today Rank||3||43||151 - 200|
Certificate in English Distance Education
Certificate in English course is not available in Distance education. However, you can pursue this course online. After completing the course you will get your certificate online.
Certificate in English Syllabus
The table below gives a brief idea about the syllabus of the 6 to 7-month Certificate in English course
|Month l||Month ll|
|Cultural, educational backgrounds and linguistic backgrounds||The basic terminology and concepts used in ELT|
|Adults motivations for English learning||Grammatical frameworks and grammar|
|Styles of teaching and learning||Lexis: word meaning, formation, and its use|
|Learning and teaching English context||Phonology: the description and formation of English phonemes|
|Month III||Month IV|
|Various types of English||The practical significance of differences and similarities between languages|
|The role of first languages and multilingualism||Main points and approaches for developing language knowledge of a learner|
|The basic terminology and concepts used for describing and reading skills||Resources and planning for various teaching concepts.|
|The basic terminology and concepts used for describing the listening skills||The adaptation, selection, and evaluation of all the materials and resources in planning.|
|Month V||Month VI|
|The basic terminology and concepts used for describing the speaking skills||The adaptation, selection, and evaluation of all the materials and resources in planning including computer|
|The basic terminology and concepts used for describing the writing skills||The Explanation of planning lesson|
|Some key approaches and strategies for learners’ productive and receptive skills development||For adult English learners lesson planning|
Certificate in English Important Books
Below are mentioned some of the books that are a Certificate in English should refer to improve their vocabulary and written English skills:
|Name of the Book||Author|
|Learning to Teach English||Peter Watkins|
|The CELTA Course||Scott Thornbury, Peter Watkins|
|First Certificate in English Course||Ona Low|
Certificate in English Job Prospects and Career Options
There are many career options after pursuing this course. Students can engage in various colleges, schools, and universities, reputed publication firms, advertising agencies, enterprises, etc.
- The employment area is also very vast. Like after completing these courses students can engage themselves as language instructors or trainers and train students who want to develop their English language skills.
- They can also work as an editor or publisher in many publication agencies. There are many advertising agencies in India and students can work there as a marketing manager after competing with this certificate in the English course.
- Mostly private sector jobs are available than the government sector jobs once completing this course.
|Job profile||Job Description||Average Salary|
|Teacher||Teaching the English language with a clear and distinct manner, so as to improve the vocabulary and writing skills of the students. A teacher is responsible for the overall progress of a student in Grammar, punctuation, and essay skills||2 - 4 Lakhs|
|Soft skills trainer||Teach English and develop skills for communications. These skills help to improve the personality of the candidate, presentation along with speech and writing in English. These are considered very valuable especially when a candidate would meet foreign people||3 - 4 Lakhs|
|Editors||Rewriting the previous work and telecast. Content proofreaders, copywriters, authors fall into this category. They are responsible to make a write-up, article, or presentation in the best way error-free as much as possible.||3 - 5 Lakhs|
|Commercial language trainer||Teaching English for commercial purposes. They help prepare students for English language tests like TOEFL, IELTS, Pearson language tests, and also for dramatic and filmography.||2 - 5 Lakhs|
|Marketing jobs||To give product description and after that recommend it to the clients. Marketers are responsible for the outreach of the product or service of the company. They should have high language skills in English to reach a wide public.||3 - 4 Lakhs|
Salary trend graph
Certificate in English Future Scope
There are a lot of future scopes available for the students after they completed this course. Especially in terms of job opportunity, all the students will get a good exposure in various fields like in Teaching, Marketing, Soft Skills Trainer, Editors or can explore themselves as Commercial Language Trainer.
- After completing this certificate in English course students can go to foreign countries for further study. The IELTS exam is very necessary for any student if they want to immigrate to any foreign country and pursue their future study there. So this course is very valuable and very much necessary for all non-native English speakers. Because within 6-7 months they can easily learn to speak English and all the necessary skills and it will help them to visit any International country for study or any personal purpose.
- Certificate in Spoken English is also a similar and related course like a certificate in English. The only difference between these two courses is that in spoken English more importance is given on sounds and pronunciation. But in the certificate in English, you can learn overall new English skills including both learning and speaking.
Certificate in English FAQs
Ques. Should I choose to pursue a Certificate in English after completing graduation?
Ans. Yes, you can pursue this course after graduation or any qualified course with the minimum aggregate marks.
Ques. What is the duration of this course?
Ans. The total duration of this course is 6-7 months.
Ques. Do I have to appear in the Entrance examination for pursuing this course?
Ans. No, you do not have to appear for any Entrance examination for pursuing this course.
Ques. Is this a Diploma course?
Ans. No, this is only a certificate course.
Ques. Is this course similar to the Spoken English course?
Ans. No, this course is not similar to the Spoken English course.
Ques. Can I get jobs after completing this certificate course?
Ans. Yes, you can get jobs in various fields after completing this certificate course.
Ques. Is there any good college for a Certificate in English course in Delhi?
Ans. No, in Delhi there is no such good college for a Certificate in English course.
Ques. Can I do this course after completing M.A
Ans. Yes, you can surely do this course after completing M.A
Ques. Is it worth doing this course after the 12th?
Ans. Yes, doing this course after 12th is completely worth it for you as you can learn good English skills.
Ques. What are the average course fees for this certificate in the English course?
Ans. The average course fees of this certificate in the English course is around INR 2,000 to INR 30,000.