Diploma in Financial Management can be classified as a 1-year diploma program, studying financial management theories and financial decision tools and practices that help them to interpret financial statements.
Admission to Diploma in Financial Management courses depends upon the candidate’s performance during a relevant entrance examination and resulting round of counseling. They must have a minimum eligibility of 10+2 from any recognized institute or its equivalent exam.
The average fees for Diploma in Financial Management in different colleges and universities range from INR10,000 to INR 8 lakhs. However government institutes may charge less fee as compared to the private ones.
Diploma in Financial Management graduates are hired in capacities like Financial Services & Research Analyst, Management Trainee, Finance Assistant & Accountant, Project Coordinator amongst many others. The average salary ranges from INR 3.2 LPA to INR 5 LPA.
Post completing Diploma in Financial Management, graduates can opt for MBA, PG Diploma and other courses in the related field. Later, they can also opt for a Phd in Finance.
Diploma in Financial Management: Course Highlights
|Course Level||Diploma After Graduation|
|Full Form||Diploma in Financial Management|
|Examination Type||Semester/Final exams at the end of year|
|Eligibility||10+2 or equivalent pass out candidates with a minimum of at least 50%.|
|Admission Process||Entrance exam and Merit Based|
|Average Fees||Between INR 10,000 and 8,00,000|
|Average Annual Salary||INR 2 – 8 LPA|
|Top Recruiting Areas||Amazon, Snapdeal, JustDial, Concentrix, Airtel, Foodpanda, Micromax, Samsung, IBM, HCL, TCS, Adobe, Himalaya, Dabur, Blue Dart, Big Bazar, Impact QA etc.|
|Top Job Areas||Colleges & Universities, Front Offices, Management of Companies, Banking Sector, Self-employment etc.|
|Job Positions||Financial Services & Research Analyst, Management Trainee, Finance Assistant & Accountant, Financial Consultant, Financial Accountant, Market Analyst, Investment Analyst, Loss Control Specialist etc.|
Diploma in Financial Management: Admission Process
Admissions to the Diploma in Financial Management course is mainly done on the candidates merit basis which includes the share of marks obtained by the candidate in school 12th or equivalent level examinations. Few institutes go for a qualifying entrance examination conduct for grant of admission.
- Some Institutes/Colleges conduct their very own entrance test for the process of admission of candidates to the course hence students would need to fill an application for such exams.
- The aspiring students need to qualify these entrance exams (for which they ought to be eligible to appear) so as to take admission within the course.
- After the entrance exam is conducted, a merit list of the qualified candidates is prepared and these qualified candidates are invited for the admission process by the respective institutes or universities.
- After the final allotment of all the seats to the candidate takes the candidates are asked to deposit the fee for the course and register for the respective school year .
- However, in most universities , the admission process would be a very easy and non-tedious task which might involve merit-based admission within the course.
Diploma in Financial Management: Eligibility Criteria
- The Candidate must have passed the 10+2 or equivalent level examination with a minimum of 50% (40% to 45% for reserved category candidates) of the marks at 10+2or equivalent level from a recognized state or central board.
- The aspiring students should not have any backlog in any of the subject/s in the class 12th or equivalent level that's yet to be cleared at the time of taking admissions.
- In case of reserved category students, the candidates might need to present their reservation certificates issued by the competent authorities so as to avail the advantages applicable to them.
Diploma in Financial Management: What is it about?
- Diploma in Financial Management course is meant as a basic management course covering functional areas of management with quantitative and conceptual inputs.
- The program is specialized to make a basic integrated perspective of the managerial functions and supply candidates an institution for pursuing managerial duties and further studies.
- The Candidates who after finishing the course are also able to develop the financial management mechanisms that conduct reviews and also reduce financial risk; they can evaluate for cost-reduction opportunities, etc.
- After Diploma in Financial Management, graduates are hired as Financial Services & Research Analyst, Management Trainee, Outbound Debt Management Specialist or Agent, Project Coordinator amongst many others.
- The average salary offered to Diploma in Financial Management graduates is INR 3.5 LPA to INR 5 LPA, which may gradually increase upon the experience.
Diploma in Financial Management: Top College
|NMIMS University||INR 35,000|
|Indian School of Business Management and Administration, Delhi||INR 14,900|
|Indian School of Business Management and Administration, Bangalore||INR 14,900|
|Indian School of Business Management and Administration, Hyderabad||INR 14,900|
|All India Institute of Management Studies||INR 2,300|
|Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Open University||INR 40,000|
|Ramanujan College||INR 5,000|
|Swami Vivekanand University||INR 43,100|
|ATM Global Business School||INR 2,90,000|
|Institute of Management Development and Research||INR 56,000|
|University of Mumbai||INR 48,400|
Diploma in Financial Management: College Comparison
|Parameter||Indian School of Business Management and Administration||University of Mumbai|
|Objective||ISBMA is a reputed college for the outstanding calibre of students graduating from its UG and PG programmes. The institute attracts the best students from the country for its UG, PG and Phd programmes.||Mumbai University Was established in 1857 and has been accredited with ‘A’ grade by the NAAC. In addition, 56 university departments and more than 781 have been recognized by MU.|
|Average Annual Fees||INR 2.19 lakh||INR 4.2 lakh|
|Average Annual Placement||INR 10 LPA||INR 8 LPA|
|Top Companies Participating||Amazon, Snapdeal, JustDial, Concentrix, Airtel, Foodpanda,||Micromax, Samsung, IBM, HCL, TCS, Adobe, Himalaya, Dabur, Blue Dart, Big Bazar, Impact QA etc.|
Diploma in Financial Management: Course Advantages
The goal to attain a Diploma in Financial Management degree will depend on each individual’s aspirations and goals. Some of the reasons to pursue Diploma in Financial Management course are as follows.
- Reputed profession: Diploma in Financial Management is a high demand field where skilled graduates are able to find open job positions immediately. Any candidate with the determination to excel in the field will find success soon.
- High pay: Average packages for Diploma in Financial Management graduates are on the higher side for both private and public organizations.
- Career opportunities: A Diploma in Financial Management graduate is able to pursue a diverse array of career opportunities. The graduate can choose to become a Financial Services & Research Analyst, Management Trainee, Finance Assistant & Accountant, Outbound Debt Management Specialist or Agent,etc
- On completion of this program: The Diploma in Financial Management graduate will be able to get good salary packages ranging between INR 2,00,000 and INR 8,00,000 depending on candidate’s expertise in the field. The salary keeps on increasing gradually with the graduates’ experience in the field and their skill set.
Diploma in Financial Management: Course Comparison
Below given is a comparison between Diploma in Financial Management and Diploma in Accounting and Finance on the basis of a few parameters.
|Parameters||Diploma in Financial Management||Diploma in Accounting and Finance|
|Duration||1 year||1 year|
|Focus Area||It focuses on imparting holistic knowledge in regards to the fundamental concept and principles of the finance||It equips a candidate with a diploma degree in Accounting and Finance. This course is more of a professional course rather than an academic one|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance exam and Merit Based||Merit-based/Entrance Exam|
|Eligibility Criteria||Passed their 10+2 from a recognized board/institute||Passed their 10+2 from a recognized board/institute|
|Average Course Fees||INR 10,000 - 8,00,000||INR 10,000 - 5 lacs|
|Job Options||Financial Services and Research Analyst, Management Trainee, Finance Assistant and Accountant, Market Analyst, Investment Analyst, Loss Control Specialist etc.||Book-Keeping Clerk, Billing Clerk, Tax Accountant, Financial Advisors, Financial Assistant and Accountant, Business Consultant, Chief Financial Officer, Certified Public Accountant, Finance Managers, etc.|
|Areas of employment||Colleges & Universities, Front Offices, Management of Companies, Banking Sector, Self-employment etc.||Market Research Firms, Public Accounting Firms, Corporations, Consultancy Services, Research Organisations, Accountancy Firms, etc..|
|Average Placement Package||INR 2 – 8 LPA||INR 3 – 6 LPA|
Diploma in Financial Management: Syllabus
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Financial Reporting and Control (Accounts)||Capital Markets|
|Quantitative Methods||Financial Institutions|
|Managerial Economic||Corporate Tax Planning|
|Managerial Finance||Investment Planning & Management|
|International Economy & Finance||Risk Management|
Diploma in Financial Management: Recommended Books
|Name of the book||Author|
|Financial Management: Problems in Accounting||Pearson|
|Capital Market||K. Thomas Liaw, Shroff|
|Corporate Tax Planning||Mahesh Chandra Prasad|
|Risk Management||S k Podder,Shruthi P,|
What are Job Prospects and Career Options after Diploma in Financial Management?
|Job Profile||Average Salary|
|Financial Service Analyst||INR 3-4 Lacs|
|Management Trainee||INR 3-4 Lacs|
|Financial Assistant||INR 2-4 Lacs|
|Finance Manager||INR 9-10 Lacs|
|Accountants||INR 2-3 Lacs|
Diploma in Financial Management: Future Scope
- Candidates can opt for full time on campus courses, such as BBA, MBA or any other Postgraduate Diploma courses in the related field
- Later, they can also apply for Phd courses that will provide them a doctorate degree and the candidates can research in the related field.
Diploma in Financial Management: FAQs
Ques. What is the average fee for a Diploma in Financial Management course ?
Ques. What are the subjects in Diploma in financial management?
Ques. What are the skills do students pursuing Diploma in financial managers need?
Ques. What is the minimum course fees for a Diploma in Financial Management in Public Colleges?
Ques. What is the average salary of Diploma in Financial Management graduates?