FDDI AIST 2020 Application Form, Exam Dates, Pattern, Syllabus and Result
Footwear Design & Development Institute (FDDI) will conduct FDDI All India Selection Test (AIST) tentatively in the last week of April, 2020. FDDI Entrance Test (FDDI AIST) is a paper-based exam conducted for admission to various Bachelor’s Degree & Master’s Degree Programmes offered by the institute.
- Candidates must have passed10+2 / Qualifying examinations in order to sit for the test. Candidates appearing for their 10+2 examination in the year 2020 are also eligible to apply for admissions.
- The application form will be available from January, 2020.
- Candidates can pay FDDI AIST 2020 application fee in the online mode via debit/ credit card. The application fee of FDDI AIST is Rs 500, candidates can pay the application fee in the online mode via debit/ credit card.
- Candidates shortlisted on the basis of the result of FDDI entrance test will be called to participate in the counseling process.
- The final allotment of seats will be done through counseling, which shall begin in the month of June, 2020.
In 1986, FDDI was established under the aegis of the Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Govt. of India. FDDI is one of the premier academic and training institutions, which is dedicated to the development and growth of the Footwear & Product, Retail & Fashion Merchandise, Leather Products, and Fashion Design sectors. The institute has 12 campuses.
FDDI AIST 2020 Entrance Exam Dates
Applicants can refer to the given table to know about the tentative dates of FDDI entrance exam.
|Release of Notification||4th week of November 2019|
|Start Date of Application||4th week of November 2019|
|Last Date of Application||2nd week of April 2020|
|Release of Admit Card||3rd week of April 2020|
|FDDI Entrance Test (FDDI AIST)||4th week of April 2020|
|Declaration of Results||3rd week of May 2020|
|Commencement of Counselling||2nd week of June 2020|
|Second Round of Counselling||2nd week of July 2020|
|Date of Reporting the allotted campuses||4th week of July 2020|
|Commencement of Session||1st week of August 2020|
Courses Offered at FDDI
FDDI offers a range of courses for bachelor's and master's degree programs:
Bachelor Degree Programs
- B. Des. (Footwear Design & Production)
- B. Des. (Leather Goods & Accessories Design)
- B. Des. (Retail & Fashion Merchandise)
- B. Des. (Fashion Design)
Master Degree Programs
- M. Des. (Footwear Design & Production)
- MBA (Retail & Fashion Merchandise)
- M. Des. (CAD)
FDDI AIST 2020 Entrance Exam Eligibility Criteria
Applicants are advised to check the eligibility criteria of the programs offered before applying for FDDI entrance exam. There are different eligibility criteria for Bachelor and Master Programmes. The following tables can be referred to know about the minimum eligibility conditions for FDDI entrance test.
Bachelor Degree Programs
|Age Limit||Applicants must be of 25 years as on 25th July 2020.|
Master Degree Programs
|Age Limit||There is no age limit.|
|Educational Qualification||M. Des. (Footwear Design & Production): Candidate must be a Graduate in Footwear / LGAD / Design / Engineering / Production / Technology or any other related program. M.Des (CAD): Candidate must be a Graduate in Footwear / LGAD / Design / Engineering / Production / Technology/Fine arts or any other related programme. M.B.A (Retail & Fashion Merchandise): Candidates graduate in any discipline ( Candidates appearing in Final year of degree can also apply for all Master Degree programs.)|
Communication Standards for FDDI Entrance Test-
Candidates should have good communication skills in English. Candidates should have command over both written and spoken English.
FDDI AIST 2020 Application Form
Candidates will have to apply online for FDDI entrance test. The process of application is mentioned below-
- Candidates have to visit the official website and click on Admission Page.
- After this, candidates will have to click on "New Registration".
- Candidates will have to fill the online registration by entering required details like Personal, communication and educational details. It should be noted that candidates have to do separate registration for Bachelors and Masters Programs by choosing the program.
- Candidates have to choose their choice of exam centers for the exam.
- Candidates applying under reserved category will have to submit the proof along with the form.
- Candidates have to upload scanned images of photographs and signature as specified by the authorities.
- After completely filling all the details of the form, candidates will have to pay the application fee for the exam in online mode through credit/debit card or internet banking. The registration fee for FDDI entrance test is Rs 500.
- After successful submission of the application form, candidates will receive User Id and password on their registered mobile number and email Id.
Note- The size of the photograph should not be more than 90 kb while the size of the signature should not be more than 30 kb.
FDDI AIST 2020 Admit Card
The exam conducting authorities will release the admit card of FDDI entrance test in online mode.
- Candidates will be able to download admit cards through the official website.
- Candidates must note that they will not receive any hardcopy of their admit card.
- Admit card will have details of the exam date, time and exam center of the candidate.
- Candidates have to paste their recent passport photograph (same as the one used in their application form) on the admit card.
- Along with the admit card, candidates must carry a valid photo ID to the exam center.
It should be noted that the candidates have to carry their admit cards to the exam centers as no candidate will be allowed to appear for the entrance test without the admit card.
FDDI AIST 2020 Exam Centers
The entrance test of FDDI will be conducted in various exam centers across the country. Candidates are required to select 4 exam centers of their choice while filling out the application form of FDDI entrance test (FDDI AIST). Candidates can refer to the given table to know the exam centers of FDDI AIST.
FDDI AIST 2020 Exam Pattern
- The entrance test will be conducted in paper-based mode.
- Candidates will get a total duration of 2 hours and 30 minutes to attempt 200 questions.
- The questions asked will be multiple choice objective type.
The exam pattern of FDDI entrance test for bachelor and master degree programs is explained in the given tables.
FDDI Entrance Test Pattern for Bachelor Degree Programs
|Section A||Quantitative Aptitude||50|
|Section B||Verbal Ability||50|
|Section C||General Awareness||50|
|Section D||Business Aptitude Test (BAT) for B.Des- RFM or Design Aptitude Test(DAT) for Design Programmes (B.Des-FDP, B.Des-LGAD & B.Des-FD)||50|
FDDI AIST Entrance Test Pattern for Master Degree Programs
|Section A||Quantitative Aptitude||50|
|Section B||English Comprehension & Analytical Ability||50|
|Section C||General Knowledge & Current Affairs||50|
|Section D||Management Aptitude for Management Programmes for MBA-RFM or Design Aptitude Test (DAT) for Design Programmes M.Des-FDP & M.Des-CAD||50|
FDDI AIST 2020 Result
- The result of FDDI entrance test will be declared on the official website after the entrance test.
- The result will be in the form of scores obtained by the candidates in the entrance test and their ranks on the basis of their performances.
- FDDI AIST merit list shall be prepared on the basis of an aspirant’s performance in FDDI admission process.
FDDI AIST 2020 Counselling
Candidates who will qualify FDDI entrance test will be eligible to participate in the counseling of FDDI entrance exam.
- Candidates will be called according to their ranks.
- During the counseling process, candidates will have to choose their preferred courses and campuses.
- The final allotment of seats will be done on the basis of ranks/scores and preferences set by the candidates.
- Candidates who will be allotted seats will have to reserve their seat by paying a certain amount.
- It should be noted that this amount is non-refundable.
- The candidates will be given 7 working days time to deposit the balance fees.
Sponsorship Criteria of Admission under FDDI
- 7.5% seats are reserved in each program for Industry-Sponsored candidates & 7.5% seats for NRI Candidates under Sponsorship Criteria out of the total capacity of any batch.
- It should be noted that the candidates have to fulfill the eligibility criteria in order to be eligible for admission under Sponsorship Criteria. Such candidates will be interviewed and the final selection will be done on merit basis.
- NRI candidates shall be selected on the basis of valid SAT/GMAT scores & personal Interviews. NRI/ Industry sponsored candidates are supposed to pay 2 times the normal fee in case of Noida campus and 50% extra fee for other campuses in addition to the normal fee.
The reservation of seats mentioned below is applicable in each program in both sponsored as well as non-sponsored categories.
|Category||Reservation of Seats|
Exemption in MBA (Retail & Fashion Merchandise)
- Candidates who have appeared for the following or any other equivalent entrance test shall be exempted from FDDI AIST. The exams are CAT/ MAT/ XAT/ JMET/ NMAT/ AIMA/ AMCAT/ SNAP/ AIM-CAT/ GMAT
- The percentile in the exam for which the candidate has appeared will be equated at par with AIST percentile.
Campuses of FDDI
FDDI has a total of 12 campuses in India, located in different cities:
- FDDI Noida
- FDDI Fursatganj
- FDDI Chhindwara
- FDDI Chandigarh
- FDDI Guna
- FDDI Jodhpur
- FDDI Chennai
- FDDI Kolkata
- FDDI Rohtak
- FDDI Ankleshwar
- FDDI Hyderabad
- FDDI Patna
Admission Procedure - NRI/Foreign Candidates
FDDI always encouraged the admission of candidates around the globe. The industry-oriented curriculum, extensive infrastructure, expert and experienced faculty members to provide professional knowledge to candidates are the key points of FDDI, which helps in attracting the foreign students to study here. The foreign candidates can easily apply to FDDI by fulfilling certain criteria.
Criteria for NRI/Foreign Candidates
Interested candidates who want to apply for a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree have to fill the form online for registration. Then they can attend the interview process online.
- Person of Indian Origin (PIO): A PIO must possess foreign citizenship other than Pakistan/Bangladesh and without NRI status. He/she should hold a foreign passport.
- Non Resident Indian (NRI): 10% of seats are reserved for NRI/ industry-sponsored.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College