UPSEE/UPCET MBA 2021 Exam Pattern has been provided in detail by the concerned exam conducting authorities. NTA has postponed UPSEE/UPCET MBA exam scheduled on June 15, 2021. Revised dates will be announced soon. Candidates should be aware of the detailed exam pattern and syllabus to be able to prepare efficiently for UPSEE/UPCET 2021. Candidates must note that UPSEE/UPCET MBA 2021 Application date has been extended to May 31, 2021 Click here for UPSEE/UPCET 2021 Registration
UPSEE/UPCET MBA Latest Updates
- May 11: UPSEE(UPCET) MBA 2021 Postponed. Check here
- May 8: Last Date to fill UPCET MBA Application Form extended to May 31, 2021. Check here
- April 21: UPSEE MBA Toppers recommend section-wise preparation to crack UPCET MBA 2021. Read more
- April 15: The Syllabus for UPSEE/UPCET MBA 2021 will remain unchanged. Check here
Table of Content
It is important for the students to stay updated with the exam pattern. It will help the candidates in understanding the subject-wise division which will eventually aid them to strategize and conceptualize each topic. UPSEE/UPCET MBA 2021 will be held online across 57 cities in India. Check UPSEE MBA 2021 Exam Centers.
UPSEE MBA 2021 Exam Pattern Highlights
|Exam Mode||Offline / Pen-Paper based|
|Type of Questions||Objective type questions or MCQ|
|Total Number of Questions||100 questions will be asked|
|Language||English and Hindi|
|Time Duration||2 hours|
|Marking Scheme||+4 will be awarded for every correct answer|
|Negative Marking||No negative marking will be given|
UPSEE MBA 2021 Exam Pattern (In Detail)
UPSEE/UPCET MBA 2021 exam will consist of 100 objective-type questions to be answered in 120 minutes. The student will be awarded 4 marks for every correct answer. The maximum obtainable marks are 400. A detailed overview of the exam pattern is given below:
- The duration of the exam is two hours.
- Questions asked in the exam will be objective type(MCQs).
- Each question will have four possible options out of which only one will be correct.
- Candidates will be required to mark any one of the available choices.
- Each question will be worth 4 marks and there will be 100 questions in all. So, the maximum marks of the question paper will be 400.
- No negative marking is there.
UPSEE/UPCET MBA 2021 Section-wise exam structure
UPSEE MBA 2021 question paper will consist of four sections, each with 25 questions. Candidates will have to solve questions from all four sections and attain the highest possible score.
|Section||No. of Questions||Marks|
|Numerical Ability and Analytical Aptitude||25||100|
|Reasoning and Logical Deduction||25||100|
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||25||100|
UPSEE MBA 2021 Marking Scheme
The applicants must know the marking scheme in order to make a suitable strategy for attempting questions in the UPCET MBA 2021 entrance examination. There will be 100 questions and choosing the right answer will award the candidate with 4 marks. It is always advised to read the question paper carefully and attempt those questions which you are familiar with first. The marking scheme of UPSEE MBA 2021 is stated as follows:
- There will be only one correct option among the given options.
- +4 marks will be awarded to the students for every right answer.
- No penalty will be charged for marking inaccurate or wrong answers i.e. negative marking is not applicable. Hence, no mark will be deducted from the total score.
- No mark will be deducted for leaving a question blank or unattempted.
- It is not possible to mark more than 1 option as the answer.
Note: AKTU has not defined any specific qualifying marks for the students. The applicants will be admitted based on merit. A merit list consisting of the name of the shortlisted candidates will be released after the declaration of the result. Eventually, on the basis of that, the counselling process and further rounds of selection will follow.
UPSEE(UPCET) MBA 2021 Important Instructions
Every individual must ensure that they follow some rules and regulations to maintain the decorum of the exam hall and ensure that the UPSEE MBA 2021 examination proceeds properly.
- Paper 1, 2, 3, and 4 will be evaluated by OMR methodology. Aspirants must mark their responses on OMR sheets.
- Applicants must use a ballpoint pen (Black/Blue) only to mark their answers in the OMR sheets in the UPSEE/UPCET MBA 2021 exam.
- A record of the number of incorrect answers marked by each aspirant will be maintained. This will be used as tie-breaking criteria.
USPEE/UPCET MBA 2021 Syllabus
This section of UPCET MBA 2021 will have questions about the English language and grammar. It tests a candidate’s language and comprehension skills. The comprehension questions will test the candidate’s ability to comprehend the meaning of a given passage. Questions about language usage and their rules are also expected to appear in the exam.
Questions from topics such as grammar, vocabulary, and sentence completion may be asked. Applicants should expect some problems pertaining to uncommon words, synonyms, antonyms, relationships between words and phrases.
Preparation Tips: To prepare for the English language section, candidates need to inculcate the habit of reading articles and texts. The best way to understand the usage of grammar and vocabulary is to read and practice daily. This will also help students with the questions on passages as a fast reading pace will be essential while solving such questions.
This section focuses on numerical problems and will test a candidate’s mathematical knowledge & Aptitude. It is a test of speed, accuracy, and precision. This section may feature problems involving basic numerical calculations, arithmetic, simple algebra. Questions from topics of geometry and trigonometry may also be included. Some of the problems may involve the interpretation of graphs, charts, and tables.
Preparation Tips: Numerical Ability is a section that demands the maximum amount of practice on the student’s part. Candidates need to have a clear understanding of the basics and know all the formulas by heart. Practicing ample numbers of problems of varying difficulty will be advantageous for candidates.
Thinking and Decision Making
The third section of UPSEE MBA 2021 Exam will be aimed at assessing a candidate’s aptitude towards creative thinking, unfamiliar relationships, and finding patterns and trends. The questions may be centered on verbal reasoning and assessment of figures and diagrams.
Preparation Tips: In the section on Thinking and Decision making, it is especially recommended to go through questions from past years’ papers, as it will provide an understanding of the types of questions asked and the techniques of solving them. Practicing verbal reasoning puzzles may also be of help.
In this part of the question paper, the candidate’s knowledge of current affairs will be tested. Students can expect questions from issues related to trade, industry, economy, sports, culture, and science.
Preparation Tips: Preparation of General Awareness consists of reading the newspapers regularly and staying up to date regarding the current affairs of the world. Magazines such as Outlook and India Today may also prove to be beneficial for preparing general awareness for UPSEE/UPCET MBA 2021 Exam.
Preparation Tips for UPSEE/UPCET MBA 2021
It is necessary for the candidates to plan their preparation schedule and focus on the important topics that carry maximum weight. To score well in the UPCET MBA 2021 entrance examination, aspirants are advised to read the preparation tips given below:
- Read the instructions carefully. There might be some changes in the pattern.
- Never spend too much time on one question. It may lessen your time for the next question.
- Attempt the questions that you find easy to crack initially.
- It is extremely important to understand UPCET MBA 2021 exam-pattern properly. It saves you from panic when you see your question paper.
- Do take mock tests twice a week to check how much you have improved.
- Know your strengths and weaknesses.
- After going through the syllabus once, make sure to attempt as many practice papers as possible.
- Also, nowadays there are test series available online too. Join them and strengthen your UPSEE MBA 2021 preparation to crack the examination.
UPSEE MBA 2021 Exam Pattern FAQs
Ques. Is there any negative marking in UPSEE/UPCET MBA 2021?
Ans. No, there is no negative marking in UPSEE MBA 2021.
Ques. What are the subjects I need to study for UPSEE MBA 2021?
Ans. The subjects that the candidate needs to study are English Language, Numerical Aptitude, General Awareness, and Thinking Aptitude.
Ques. What is the minimum mark required for applying for UPCET MBA 2021?
Ans. The minimum marks required are 50% for general and 45% for SC/ST.
Ques. Do I need to carry any valid id proof IN UPSEE/UPCET MBA 2021 exam hall?
Ans. The candidate needs to carry any of the following documents along with the admit card:
- PAN Card
- Voter id card/ Aadhar Card
- Driving Licence
- College id Card
Ques. Will UPSEE/UPCET MBA 2021 be held offline or online?
Ans. UPSEE MBA 2021 will be held offline or Pen paper mode.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.