Table of Contents
UCEED 2020 Cutoff (Released), Scorecard, Result and Counselling
IIT Bombay conducts UCEED (Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design) for the candidates to get admission into Bachelor of Design (B.Design) program at IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad and IITDM Jabalpur. UCEED 2020 was conducted on January 18, 2020 in Computer-based mode.
- UCEED 2020 Answer Key PDF has been released on February 4, 2020. Aspirants can download the answer key by clicking on the ‘Answer Link’ mentioned on the official website.
- Candidates qualifying UCEED 2020 will be eligible to apply for B.Design programme from June 8, 2020 till June 30, 2020.
- Candidates will be called upon for counselling from July 04, 2020 – July 15, 2020. Seat Allotment will be announced in three rounds. Check here UCEED 2020 Seat Intake and Participating Colleges
It is a National level entrance examination, which offers admission to eligible and interested candidates. This year the entrance examination was conducted in both online and offline modes.
UCEED 2020 Highlights
|Exam Name||Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design|
|Conducting Body||Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Part A – Computer Based Test, Part B – Pen Paper Test|
|Eligibility||Class 12 Pass in any stream|
|Course Offered||Bachelors in Design|
|Number of Seats||115|
UCEED 2020 Dates
The official dates of important events related to the exam are tabulated below. Candidates are advised to check the below mentioned dates about the application form filling, commencement of the examination, result and other related procedures.
|UCEED 2020 Exam||January 18, 2020|
|Release of UCEED Answer key 2020||February 4, 2020|
|Release of UCEED Result 2020||March 13, 2020|
|UCEED 2020 Official Cutoff Release Date||March 23, 2020 (Released)|
|Application for B. Des. program||June 08 – 30, 2020|
|UCEED Counselling 2020||July 04 – July 15, 2020|
UCEED 2020 Results
UCEED Results 2020 has been declared on March 13, 2020. The result is available on the UCEED official website. Aspirants need to log in with their login Id and password in order to view the result. Qualified candidates will be able to download their scorecard a few days after the declaration of the result. The dates for downloading the score card will be announced by the examination authority.
UCEED 2020 Cutoff
The rank list will be prepared on the basis of the total marks of UCEED 2020. However, if the exam is held in two sessions then the rank list will be determined on the basis of the normal total marks. There will be only one rank list irrespective of all the categories.
If two or more candidates score the same then the tie-breaking procedure will be obtained:
- The candidate who scores more in section B will be awarded a higher rank.
- If the tie persists the candidate who obtains more score in section A will be preferred.
- If still there is a tie after the above two processes, then both the candidates will be awarded the same rank.
Candidates who are able to score the minimum qualifying marks both section-wise and the overall sections are the ones who will be included in the rank list.
The table shows the marks structure of the previous year’s rank list:
|Merit List||Minimum percentage marks in each section||Minimum Total Marks|
|Common Rank List (CRL)||10||100|
|OBC-NRL Rank List||9||90|
|SC Rank List||5||50|
|ST Rank List||5||50|
|PwD Rank List||5||50|
UCEED Commission has the full right to regulate the qualifying marks section-wise and on the overall marks. In such cases the total marks will be calculated on a 10xN basis. ‘N’ refers to the total number of available seats.
UCEED 2020 Counselling
UCEED does not include any such counselling procedure. Nevertheless, it has two parts for the admission. Part 1 is all about UCEED 2020 entrance exam and Part 2 is the joint seat allocation for the B.Design program in the enlisted institutes.
After successful completion of UCEED entrance examination, candidates need to apply for admission in all the enlisted colleges. Once they apply for the enlisted institutes the candidates need to fill a common application form available at UCEED Commission website. Candidates are then able to fill up their personal choices related to the colleges in the application form.
UCEED 2020 Eligibility
Aspirants irrespective of their nationality must satisfy each of the following three criteria in order to appear for UCEED 2020.
UCEED 2020 Age Limit
- General/ OBC-NCL/ EWS category: Born on or after October 1, 1995.
- SC/ ST/ PwD category: Born on or after October 1, 1990.
UCEED 2020 Number of attempts
- A candidate can appear for UCEED for a maximum of two consecutive years.
- It should be noted that the score of the entrance examination will be valid for the admission of that corresponding year only.
- The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by a Central or State Board recognized by the Association of Indian Universities.
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a Board or University recognized by the Association of Indian Universities.
- Final Examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defense Academy.
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of 5 subjects.
- Any Public School, Board or University examination in India or in a foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10 +2 system by the Association of Indian Universities.
- H.S.C vocal examination
- A Diploma recognized by the All India Council for Technical Education or a State Board of Technical Education of at least 3 years duration.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London, Cambridge, or Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- High School Certificate Examination of Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- Candidates who have completed Class XII (or equivalent) examination outside India or from a Board not specified above should produce a certificate from the Association of Indian Universities to the effect that the examination they have passed is equivalent to the Class XII examination.
- In case the Class XII examination is not a public examination, the candidate must have passed at least one public (Board or Pre-University) examination earlier.
- Candidates who are NOT citizens of India at the time of registering for UCEED 2020 (by birth or naturalization) and whose parents are not citizens of India and do not come under PIO / OCI category at the time of registering for UCEED 2020 are treated as foreign nationals.
- Seats allotted to foreign nationals are supernumerary with a cap of 10% of total available seats in the course. The availability of supernumerary seats will be announced at the time of seat allocation.
- Seats allotted to OCI (Overseas Citizen of India) / PIO (Person of Indian Origin) cardholders will be under the Open category, but not supernumerary. Foreign nationals and OCI / PIO card holders are outside the ambit of reservations.
UCEED 2020 Reservation
Indian nationals belonging to certain categories are admitted under the seats reserved for them in accordance with the rules of the Government of India. The categories and the extent of the reservation are as follows:
- Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) – 10% of seats
- Other Backward Classes belonging to the Non-Creamy Layer (OBC-NCL) – 27% of seats in the course.
- Candidates belonging to the creamy layer of OBC are NOT entitled to reservation. Such candidates are treated as belonging to the Open (i.e. unreserved) category.
- Scheduled Caste (SC) – 15% of seats in the course
- Scheduled Tribe (ST) – 7.5% of seats in the course
UCEED 2020 Application Form
Candidates should register themselves before appearing for UCEED 2020. Applications can be made online only through the application portal link from the website uceed.in.
The following things must be kept in mind before applying for the same:
- Candidates must satisfy all the eligibility criteria given above.
- Application is liable to be cancelled by the authority at a later date if it is found that the candidate is not satisfying any of the eligibility criteria.
- A recent colored passport size photograph to be taken within the last six months with front face view and in jpeg .jpg format.
- Scanned copy of the candidate’s signature only in jpeg.jpg format on a white paper.
- Qualifying examination certificate, if any in pdf format only.
- Candidates who are awaiting the qualifying examination results have to upload a certificate issued by the principal of the school in pdf format.
- If there is a dispute in the name of the candidate, a gazette notification showing the change in name is required to be uploaded (in pdf formats).
- Caste certificates and disability certificates, if any is mandatory to be uploaded with the rest of the above documents. (in pdf formats)
It is completely the candidates’ responsibility to provide correct information and documents in the required format while filling up the application form. Application forms will be rejected and will be considered invalid in case of errors in it.
UCEED Application Fee
The fee structure for the UCEED 2020 is as follows:
|Open/OBC-NCL||Rs. 3000||Rs. 1500|
|SC/ST/PwD||Rs. 1500||Rs. 1500|
The application fee structure given above is excluding all kinds of charges that the bank may charge. A late fee of Rs. 500 is charged if an applicant submits the application fee after the closing date. The application fee is not refundable under any circumstances whatsoever.
UCEED 2020 Admit Card
UCEED 2020 Admit Cards have been made available to download on December 27, 2019. Candidates can download UCEED 2020 Admit Card after the successful submission of the application form. It is downloadable from the official website:
- The admit card will consist of the details of the candidate like Name, UCEED application ID, Roll Number, Photograph, Signature, Examination schedule, Examination venue details and instruction to the candidates.
- Applicants must have a preview of all the entries in the admit card and in case of any discrepancy, she/he must contact the chairperson of UCEED 2020 via email before the specified date.
- Applicants who are unable to download the admit card should contact the chairperson of UCEED 2020 at the earliest through email or phone.
- A printed copy of the admit card is compulsory to be produced on the examination day.
UCEED 2020 Exam Centers
UCEED is scheduled to be held in the following cities:
It is mandatory for the candidates to choose any of the above 3 cities as a preference for their examination centre. The preferences cannot be changed once the application is submitted. A city may have more than one examination venue.
If a minimum number of candidates is not available in a listed city then the city may be dropped down from the list. In such cases, the candidates will be allotted their examination centre according to the second or third choice. The exam conducting authority may add a new city or remove an existing one depending upon the contingencies.
Candidates opting for Dubai centre should also compulsorily opt for 2 cities of their choice from above 24 Indian cities, in the order of preference, at the time of online application. (if the number of registrations is less than 25, then the Dubai centre may be dropped from the final list, and those candidates will be allotted a centre from the 2 Indian cities of their choice, in the order of preference).
UCEED 2020 Exam Pattern
UCEED 2020 will be a Computer Based Test. The date of the entrance examination is January 18, 2020.
- The Question paper will consist of 300 marks to be attempted in a duration of 3 Hours. Check UCEED Syllabus.
- The medium of question will be English.
- There will be two parts in the question paper i.e. Part A and Part B. It is compulsory for the candidates to attempt both the parts.
Part A (Total marks: 240 marks; Maximum time: 2 hours 20 mins)
- Part A of the question paper will be administered through a computer-based test.
- Part A of the question paper will consist of 3 sections.
- Section 1: NAT (Numerical Answer Type); 18 questions – 4 marks each; 0.19 negative marks. For these questions, an answer is a number that needs to be entered using a virtual keyboard on the computer screen. No choices will be shown for these questions.
- Section 2: MSQ (Multiple Select Questions): 18 Questions (4 marks each; 0.19 negative marks). Each MSQ has one or more correct answer(s) out of the four given choices.
- Section 3: MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions): 32 questions (3 marks each; 0.71 negative marks). Each MCQ has four choices out of which only one is the correct answer.
Part B (Total marks: 60 marks: Maximum time: 30 mins)
- Part B consists of one question that is aimed at testing drawing skills which will require subjective evaluation. The question in Part B will be displayed on the computer screen and the answer has to be written/drawn in the answer book provided by the invigilator only.
- Part B answer booklets will be collected at the end of the examination.
- It is mandatory for the candidates to attempt Part B.
- The entire paper (both Part A and Part B) must be finished within the overall time duration of 3 hours.
UCEED 2020 Syllabus
The questions will be covered from the following topics:
UCEED Part A Syllabus
|Visualization and Spatial Ability||Pictorial and diagrammatic questions to test the understanding of transformation and/or manipulation of 2D shapes and 3D objects and their spatial relationships, knowledge of practical and everyday mechanical and scientific concepts.|
|Observation and Design Sensitivity||Ability to detect concealed properties in a day to day life and think critically about them. Ability to discern subtle differences in visual properties and aesthetic outcomes.|
|Environmental and Social Awareness||General awareness of environmental factors such as climate, population, water, vegetation, pollution, weather, natural resources, etc., and their implications on the design of products, images, infrastructure, and environment. Awareness of design terminologies, social and cultural connection with the design, history of the designed artifact, and socially responsible and environmentally sustainable design responses. History of art, sculpture, and literature.|
|Analytical and Logical Reasoning||Ability to analyze given information logically and select the most appropriate solutions. Ability to weigh opinions, arguments, or solutions against appropriate criteria. Ability to use logical and structured thinking to deduce from a short passage, which of a number of statements is the most accurate response to a posed question.|
|Language and Creativity|
Ability to understand passages in commonly used English language. Ability to think creatively in terms of alternatives, ability to distinguish innovative options and think out of the box.
|Design Thinking and Problem Solving:||Ability to understand the context, the users and the constraints and select the most appropriate solution for a given design problem.|
UCEED Part A Syllabus
|Drawing||Ability to draw products, people or scenes in proportion with good line quality, composition, proportion, perspective and shading.|
UCEED 2020 Books
The books for preparing UCEED 2020 are available online. Some of the best books for the entrance are suggested below:
|Name of the Books||Name of the Author/Publisher|
|UCEED Study Materials||AFAINDIA|
|UCEED Design Environment & Social Awareness in Design Perspective Combined with Mental and Verbal Aptitude||Sreejan Shilpa|
UCEED 2020 FAQs
Ques. What is the Application Fee for UCEED 2020?
Ans. The application fee for UCEED 2020 is as follows:
- Female Candidates (all categories): INR 1500
- SC, ST, PwD Candidates: INR 1500
- All Other Candidates: INR 3000
- Candidates from SAARC countries: USD 200
- Candidates from Non-SAARC countries: USD 325
Registration Fee for Examination Centres in Dubai
- All Indian Nationals: USD 200
- Candidates from SAARC countries: USD 200
- Candidates from Non-SAARC countries: USD 325
The registration fees do not include service charges, processing fees and any other charges that the banks may charge.
The above registration fee is applicable till the closing date of November 15, 2019. A late fee of INR 500 is applicable to ALL candidates till the closing date of November 20, 2019.
Ques. What is the syllabus for preparing UCEED?
Ans. Candidates must be aware of the syllabus before appearing for UCEED. Some important topics are listed below:
- Visualization and spatial ability
- Observation and design sensitivity
- Environmental and social awareness
- Analytical and logical reasoning
- Design thinking and problem solving
- Language and creativity
Ques. Will UCEED 2020 be difficult?
Ans. The level of difficulty of UCEED 2020 is moderate to high as per last year’s exam session.
Ques. How do candidates get selected for UCEED 2020?
Ans. Candidates are selected on the basis of their Rank in the Rank List, cutoff list and the availability of seats.
Ques. How many students appeared for UCEED 2019?
Ans. In 2019, more than 12,000 students took UCEED.
Ques. How to apply for UCEED 2020?
Ans. You can apply for UCEED 2020 on the official website only. You have to create a new account first by providing a valid Email ID on the Online Registration portal. Candidate must keep the required documents to upload in the Application Form.
Ques. When should I take out a printout of the Application Form?
Ans. You have to take the printout after the successful payment of the Application Fee.
Ques. I used a different browser and cleared the cache, but still, I cannot complete the payment. What should I do now?
Ans. If the payment is still not happening, you can either call the institute on the contact number given on the official website or you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You have to mention your Registration Number, Name, Mobile Number and the nature of the problem in the email.
Ques. What is the format of UCEED question paper?
Ans. The paper comprises of 85 objective type questions that are divided into two parts- Part A and Part B. The duration of the exam is 3 hours and candidates are evaluated out of 300 marks.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College