University of Trier: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
The University of Trier, founded in 1473 is one of the oldest universities in Rhineland-Palatinate of Germany. It has partnered up with more than 300 institutions particularly from Belgium, France and Luxembourg in studies and research. Located at the heart of Europe, Germany, the institute is known as a top-class, research-vibrant, and globally networked university. Both researchers and students have the opportunity to execute their works in the Institute which makes it a coveted name in the list of top German universities
With over 15, 000 students enrolled in more than 100 courses in 30 subjects, the institute provided a range of courses for international students seeking to study in Germany. The University of Trier is the first to offer the EU certificate on European Master in Official Statistics (EMOS). Its double master’s degrees provide more chances for students to shape their study paths. Trier is also known for its rare, small subjects such as Egyptology or Papyrology (known as ‘orchid subjects’ ), which can only be studied in very few places other than Trier.
The institute has an international students population of nearly 11% who come to the country from different corners of the world. Admissions at University of Trier observe an acceptance rate of 25 out of 75 i.s. 33.3% for international candidates.
The prestigious University ranking is as follows.
- The University is ranked 38th in Germany and 744th in the world by uniRank.
- It is ranked 1009 in Best Global Universities Rankings by U.S. News & World Report.
- It ranks 1417 in the Research Performance Rank by Center for World University Rankings (CWUR).
- Trier University is ranked 53rd by Ranking web for the best universities.
- Center for University Development (CHE) ranks the University of Trier one of the top 3 universities in the field of economics(masters) in Germany.
|No. of Campuses||2|
|Intake Seasons||Summer and Winter semester intakes|
|Mode of Program||Full time, Part-time, Exchange Programs|
|Admission Helpdesk||Tel: +49 (0) 651 201- 2806;
|Faculty to Student Ratio||1: 60|
|Percentage of International Students||11%|
Programs, Campus and Accommodation
- The University of Trier has two campuses; campus I & campus II.
- Campus I contain a library, cafeteria, gym, laboratories, and student services.
- Campus II contains seminars/lecture rooms and others.
- Bi-national clubs on campus offer programmes based on students' home culture.
- There are also international societies for visiting and intercultural exchange.
- There are four accommodation residences; 3 hostels and one hotel.
- Students are to order for accommodation online from the following winter semester(beginning of august) and following summer semester(end of January).
- Apartments range from single, double and triple including a mini-kitchen and a bathroom
- Students can opt for off-campus accommodations.
- inexpensive rooms(short-term stay) are open during unforeseen situations.
- The institute provided a range of courses of international students at undergraduate and graduate level.
- Six faculties offer more than 100 courses in over 30 subjects and 20 programmes in further education, and language courses.
- 5 masters programs available are fully study-able in English, including expertise mentoring support from professors.
- Double master's degree is available together with the University of Warsaw or with the University of Bergamo.
- Graduates can commence a Master's program in the summer semester.
- Doctorate study is available in all subjects.
- Students can also study abroad for just one semester.
- The Institute received an award for international engagement on the subject of economics.
- Provision of practice-oriented and research-oriented courses enabling students to enhance strength is available.
- Other degrees that can be enrolled by students include diploma, state examination, doctoral, and postdoctoral.
University of Trier Application Process
Application Fee: Application processing fee is 50 Euro
Application Portal: All applicants can visit the PORTA application portal to apply.
Required documents include:
- An officially certified copy of university entrance qualification including individual grade(German or English).
- Knowledge of German(proof) - level B1
- Copy of passport.
- Certificate of enrollment from the home university.
- Health insurance cover.
All documents are expected to be officially certified and translated in German or English
- Certificate of qualification for enrolling at university comprising subject and grade overview.
- Other previously completed degrees (master's, bachelor's, etc.) including other related Transcript records
- Document containing GPA of degree(if not listed in the above document)
- Proof of English language prowess; TOEFL(80), Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE), IELTS(6.0 points or above), and UNIcert III.
- Copy of Identity Card / Passport (uncertified)
- Processing fee of 50 Euros,(proof of payment).
- Applicants who are Chinese or Vietnamese must submit an APS Certificate.
University of Trier Cost of attendance
The average cost of living in Germany while studying at the university is as follows:
- Application cost at 50 EUR. (NB: No tuition fee required)
- Room rent 250 – 300 EUR
- Meal 3.00 to 4.50 EUR
New student (first semester registration)
|Studierendenwerk Fee(semester fee)||109.00 EUR|
|Student organization fee||12.00 EUR|
|Bus ticket||148.10 EUR|
|Student ID||15 EUR|
University of Trier Scholarships
The institute provides a range of scholarships in Germany for international students. Applications can only be considered when applications are properly completed.
- Scholarship period is 6 months. An extension is only available for state exam degrees.
- Major selection criteria are financial need, good grades, and completion of qualification within the scholarship period.
- 350 Euros (Bachelor's programs)/monthly.
- 400 Euros (Magister, Master's, Diploma, or State Exam degree programs)/monthly.
- Application deadline: June 22, 2020
- Completely filled, signed and printed application form
- Current certificate of enrollment at Trier University
- Evidence of completed courses and exams
- Registration of final examination (if available)
- Provisional timetable for the completion of degree (in monthly steps)
- CV including a passport photo
- Finances transcript
Other available scholarships include:
- Confucius Institute Scholarship
- DAAD Scholarship
- ERASMUS Scholarship
For 50 years, University of Trier's alumni is recognized for several company employments, internships, and other Germany-related job opportunities.
- PM of Saarland, Annegret Kramp-Karrenbauer
- Senior Vice President Brand BMW, Dr. Jens Thiemer
- Directorate of Federal Employment Office, Heinrich Alt
- CFO Deutsche Telekom, Thomas Dannenfeldt
Trier University’s International Office provides advice on funding for internships or placement abroad. Trier also has two advisers, who provide information and recruitment/placement (job-matching) services.
The highest-paid on average is EUR 85,000 annually. lowest paid on average is at EUR 81,000 according to emolument.
FIND A PROGRAM
After searching and surfing the web, I got to know that Germany is the best country to study data science. I applied to various universities there out of which my application got selected in 2 universities and after reading many positive reviews I finally opted for the University of Trier. As the application fee, I have paid € 50 (non-refundable) for the online application.
Course Curriculum :
My program is divided into semesters that have their respective importance. The curriculum is providing enough knowledge needed by the shining leaders and to excel well in this field.
- Bus Station
- Super Market
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary