Frankfurt School of Finance & Management: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Frankfurt School of Finance & Management is a non-profit private business school located in Frankfurt am Main that was established in 1957. The institute has been accredited to AACSB, EQUIS, and AMBA and is a constantly ranked organization among the top business schools in the world which makes it a coveted choice among international candidates for seeking to study in Germany.
The institute houses around 2,462 students enrolled in its array of academic programs. It offers bachelors, masters, MBA, EMBA and PhD degree programs with some of the popular domains being business administration, computational business analytics, science, arts, finance, management, applied data science, auditing, mergers and acquisitions.
Admissions at Frankfurt School of Finance and Management observe different application deadlines for its adverse courses and are mostly offered in the 2 intakes of Winter and Summer. With an acceptance rate of nearly 40%, the institute is a highly selective organisation in the country. Its MBA candidates land up grabbing some of the high paying jobs in Germany after graduation with an average salary of around 71,000 EUR.
- The institute has been ranked #4 for EMBA in Germany and #92 in the world by Financial times for the year 2020.
- The school has been ranked #35 among the top business schools in Europe by Financial times for the year 2020.
- It has been ranked #36 among the top European business by Financial times for the year 2018.
- The institute's master of finance program has been ranked #41 in Europe and #65 in the world by QS rankings for the year 2020
- Its master of management program has been ranked #40 in Europe and #52 in the world by QS rankings for the year 2020.
- The school has been ranked #2 in Europe and #65 in the world for their MBA degree program by QS rankings for the year 2019.
- It has been ranked #94 in the world for its master of the management degree program by QS rankings for the year 2019.
|Location||Frankfurt am Main, Germany|
|Academic calendar||Semester wise|
|Programs offered||Bachelor, master, MBA, PhD|
Programs, Campus and Accommodation
- The institute's campus is located in Frankfurt am Main, Germany. It was established in 1957.
- The campus includes an auditorium with 400 seats, 38 seminar rooms including 11 amphitheatres, 22 seminar rooms and 5 computer rooms, finance lab, learning centre.
- The campus is fully equipped with the latest technology.
- It houses students from almost one hundred countries and five continents. This gives the campus an international outlook.
- There are social events and recreational activities throughout the year taking place on the campus.
- Frankfurt School provides campus and used off-campus housing facilities to its students.
- It has two dorms located on campus. These are House A and house C.
- House A consists of 3 floors and 111 furnished en-suite rooms House C consists of 7 floors and 117 furnished en-suite rooms plus 8 studio apartments.
- Every single room is part of a shared flat and includes the following facilities:
- Bed, mattress and bedside table
- Closet, coat rack and mirror
- Desk with storage areas, bin and chair
- En-suite bathroom with shower
- Phone connection (basic fee covered)
- Internet access and tv connection
- As far as off-campus accommodation is concerned, Frankfurt School in association with Uninest Student Residences provides residence facilities to its students through 125 fully furnished apartments. These are available exclusively for students from Frankfurt School.
- The institute offers a range of courses for international students including bachelors, masters, MBA and PhD degree programs in various disciplines.
- The school has the following departments through which it imparts these degree programs:
- Finance department
- Economics department
- Philosophy and law department
- Management department
- Accounting department
- Bachelor degree program offered by the school includes Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of business administration, Bachelor in computational business analytics.
- Master degree programs offered by the school include a Master of Finance, Master in Management, Master in applied data science, Master in auditing, Master of mergers and acquisitions, Master of financial law, Master in corporate performance and restructuring, Master of leadership in sustainable finance.
- Different MBA -degree programs offered by the school include a full-time MBA program, part-time MBA program and an executive MBA program.
- Apart from the above-mentioned degree programs, the school also offers a PhD degree program in accounting, management and finance.
Frankfurt School of Finance & Management Application process
Students who wish to pursue a degree from the institute should follow the guidelines given below:
How to apply?
Application Portal: Apply via the online application portal.
English proficiency requirements
|Test||Minimum required score|
Basic Admission Requirements
- A recognized secondary school diploma.
- An optional letter of motivation.
- A professional resume.
- Letter of recommendation
- Extracurricular activities, certificates, awards
- An admission interview for some specific courses.
- GMAT/GRE score
- Work experience for some specific courses.
Frankfurt School of Finance & Management Cost of attendance
The cost of living in Germany is different for different academic programs at the institute because of the tuition fee that varies for its plethora of courses . The students who wish to attend the school can expect an annual tuition expense of 27,000 EUR to 47,500 EUR.
Annual tuition fee for some of the popular courses offered by the institute is given below:
|Program||Annual tuition fee|
|Bachelor in computational business analytics||6.950 EUR|
|Bachelor in business administration||6.950 EUR|
|Master of finance||36,500 EUR|
|Master in applied data science||32,500 EUR|
|Master in management||32,500 EUR|
The cost of accommodation when studying at the institute is as follows:
|S (apartment with a lounge)||54||550 EUR|
|XL (Apartment)||4||855 EUR|
|XXL (Apartment)||4||985 EUR|
|Handicapped accessible housing||2||610 EUR|
Financial aid at Frankfurt School of Finance & Management is provided in the form of various scholarships in Germany for international students.
- General scholarships are offered to students with a strong academic background, under which they are offered 15%, 25% or 50% discount on their tuition fees.
- Diversity scholarships programs and STIBET III matching funds scholarships are offered to BSc students.
- President's scholarship offers a 75% tuition discount and free accommodation during the first year.
- Klaus-Peter Müller Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded to selected Master and MBA students (full-time, part-time) covering overall tuition fee expenses.
- Several scholarships are specially provided to MBA students. These include Frankfurt school scholarship, Frankfurt school alumni discount, among others.
Apart from the above-mentioned scholarships, students are also provided with an option to pay their fees in installments.
- Frankfurt School of Finance & Management has a separate alumni association which is responsible for conducting various events and meetups.
- Some of the special benefits offered to the alumni are:
- Special alumni discounts
- Lifelong FS alumni email address
- Tell your story-alumni portrait
- Some of the notable alumni of The institute are:
- Christian Sewing, CEO of Deutsche bank
- Alexander Doll, former CEO, Barclays Germany
- Axel Frein, CEO, Valovis Commercial Bank
- Rainer Fuhrmann, Former CEO, DZ Bank AG
- Stefan Muller, Member of Parliament
An average placement record of the institute for the sessional year 2018 for its various courses is as mentioned below:
|Program||Average salary Average||Average reported bonus|
|MBA||71,000 EUR||9,000 EUR|
|Master of finance||62,262 EUR||12,600 EUR|
|Master in management||58,566 EUR||14,552 EUR|
The institute has a separate career development centre which provides various services to students pertaining to their careers. The school also takes care of providing its students with campus recruitment facilities. Various placement drives and career fairs are conducted for this purpose.