Anhalt University of Applied Sciences Campus, Programs Offered & Scholarships
With 78 degree programs across three campuses in Bernburg, Dessau and Kothen, Anhalt University of Applied Sciences have a strong base of 7,800 enrolled students. Bachelor’s and Master’s programs are offered by seven departments of Anhalt University. Anhalt University has an international office to assist international students. The university has 198 Partner Universities across the Globe for an exchange semester program conducted each year.
|Type of University||Public|
|Number of Campuses||Three|
|Intake Seasons||Summer and Winter|
|Language Proficiency||Bachelor’s degree – German Proficiency Master’s degree – English and German Proficiency|
|Admission Helpdesk||Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
Phone: +49 (0) 3496675203
|Financial Aid||Provided: Scholarships and Grants|
Campus, Programs, And Residence
The complete details regarding the campuses, programs, and the student's residence are as follows:
- Anhalt University takes pride in being a part of the attractive trio of cities. It has three campuses in three different cities - Bernburg, Dessau and Kothen.
- Each campus has its own specialty which is:
- Bernburg: focuses mostly on Natural Sciences.
- Dessau: Inspires people with Architecture and Design.
- Kothen: An important center for culture and education.
- Anhalt University offers a total of 78 Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees.
- Accommodation or residences are available for the students in all the campuses. Students can either opt for a spot in one of the residence halls or can look for an apartment separately.
Anhalt University of Applied Sciences Application Process
The complete admission details have been provided in this section.
Enrollment Period: The enrollment period for applying to Anhalt University is as follows:
- Winter Semester: August 15 to September 30
- Summer Semester: February 15 to March 31
How, When and Where to Apply
The steps for applying to the University are as follows:
- The student needs to register online with the SSC-Portal.
- The student is then required to choose his/ her desired course.
- The required documents are to be collected and submitted:
- A certified copy of University entrance certificate or first degree
- CV or Resume
- A copy of the student’s id or passport
- A passport photo
- After the application is completed and documents are gathered, the completed application must be mailed to the given address.
The Bachelor’s programs are offered only in the German language. Hence, international applicants are required to provide proof of German proficiency as follows:
- German language exam for university entrance (Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang, DSH) – Level 2
- TestDaF – Level 4 in all four components of the exam
- Passed assessment exam (Feststellungsprüfung) in a preparatory program (Studienkolleg)
- Equivalent Proof, if applicable.
English proficiency is required for entry into certain Master’s course. The English language tests accepted are:
Cost Of Attendance
|Student Body Fee||6|
|Dorm Costs||184 to 322|
Financial Aid And Scholarship
Anhalt University believes that a scholarship can be a valuable part of a student’s studies. The scholarships provided by Anhalt University along with their details are as follows:
- Deutschland stipendium (Germany Scholarship): 300 EUR per month is offered to the recipient of this scholarship. Half of the amount is paid by the Federal government and half by private donors.
- STIBET Scholarship for International Students: Funded by the German Foreign Office. DAAD offers universities a combined scholarship. Students with foreign citizenship enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master's degree can apply. The scholarship will grant EUR 400 per month for a duration of three months.
- Scholarship Foundation: Scholarships can be availed by students who have very good grades and an above-average social commitment (Volunteer Work). Students are advised to contact the respective lecturers for further details.