HafenCity University Hamburg Programs, Campus, Admission Process & Expenses
HafenCity University (HCU) Hamburg is a non-profit public university in Germany, founded in the year 2006 by the Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg. It is located in the middle of Hamburg. The university offers courses such as Geomatics, Urban Planning, Metropolitan Culture, Civil Engineering, and Architecture.
The university is officially accredited by the Behörde für Wissenschaft, Hamburg, Forschung und Gleichstellung. HCU requires a systematic interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary approach. The delivery mode of education in HCU is offline.
The CityScienceLab of the HCU is going to host the first City Science Summit in Hamburg in collaboration with MIT Media Lab. HCU has organized an annual exhibition which was attended by 800 guests.
|Type of University||Public|
|Mode of Education||Day Classes|
Campus, Programs and Residence
- Hamburg’s campus has a main building’s cupola structure which is a place with beautiful lecture halls and surroundings.
- The campus has one more building named Philosopher’s Tower which is a 15-story building.
The university offers five bachelor degree programs and six master degree programs.
Bachelor Degree Programs
- Bachelor of Arts in Architecture
- Bachelor of Engineering in Civil Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Geodesy and Geoinformatics
- Bachelor of Science in Urban Planning
Master Degree Programs
- Master of Science in Architecture
- Master of Science in Geodesy and Geoinformatics
- Master of Science – Civil Engineering – Architectural Engineering – Infrastructural Engineering
- Master of Science Degree Programme REAP
- Master of Science in Urban Planning
- Urban Design
- The Studierendenwerk Hamburg provides 23 housing facilities for at least 4,000 students.
- There are also a lot of commercial housing opportunities.
- For commercial housing opportunities, the student can look out on Immobilienscout24, Nestoria, Immo-Suche, etc.
- The applicants are required to submit the higher education entrance qualification such as A-level or any equivalent degree for the international students.
- The applicant also has to submit an advanced technical college certificate.
- German/English language proficiency scorecards are required for International students.
- Germany Student Visa is also required.
- The applicant has to apply via the ahoi application portal of the HafenCity University with the deadline.
- After creating an account, the applicant has to enter their personal information and submit the form electronically.
- After applying, the applicant must also register themselves at Hochschulstart.de.
- The applicant needs to submit the documents electronically such as the transcripts and special application.
- The applicant is required to apply via uni-assist and then also have to fill the online application at HCU directly.
- Documents such as academic transcripts, German and English Language proficiency scorecards are required to be attached with the application.
Cost and Expenses
- The university charged no tuition fee.
- The cost of living is at least 800 EUR per month for fulfilling their personal expenses.
Scholarships and Financial Aids
The applicant can apply for various scholarships such as:
- DAAD scholarship
- Hamburg Examination Grant for international HCU-students
- Scholarship Program 2 from the Catholic Academic Exchange Service (KAAD)
- Grants for International Students