Mannheim Business School: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Established in 2005, Mannheim Business School (MBS) at the University of Mannheim is located in the heart of the German and European economy, the city of Mannheim, Baden-Württemberg. It holds Triple Crown accreditation from AACSB International, EQUIS, and AMBA, held by the top 1 % of business schools in the world.
Among the top business schools in Germany, it has consistently been ranked #1 by various agencies. MBS offers international MBA programs in four categories namely the Mannheim Master of Business Administration (part-time and full-time), Executive MBA, weekend and modular Executive MBA, and the Mannheim & Tongji Executive MBA. The school is a pioneer in offering an Accounting and Taxation program at the graduate level as well.
Known for world-class research and teaching, strong practice- orientation, and unmatched quality management, it attracts a lot of international students to study in Germany. The school enrolls around 640 students with 60% international representation.
Mannheim Business School (MBS) admissions are highly competitive and selective. The school’s acceptance rate is close to 17% rendering it the status of highly competitive to get in. Admission to the school requires a GMAT score and a minimum of three years of working experience.
Mannheim Business School Rankings
This coveted business school is among the top leading business schools in the world and has been ranked # 1 in Germany consistently. Tabulated below are the schools’ ranking for the year 2021.
|Ranking Body||National Ranking||World Ranking|
|Bloomberg Businessweek||1||10 (Europe)|
|Times Higher Education||1||33|
|Poets & Quants International||1||10|
|QS Global MBA Rankings||1||39|
|Location||Mannheim, Baden-Württemberg, Germany|
|Total Number of Students||640|
|International Students (%)||60%|
|Mode of Program||Full-Time, Part-Time & Online|
|English Proficiency Tests||IELTS/TOEFL|
Mannheim Business School Courses
- Mannheim Business School offers full-time, part-time, and online programs in various business and management-related fields.
- Master’s programs at Mannheim Business School include MBA, Mannheim Executive MBA, ESSEC & MANNHEIM Executive MBA, MANNHEIM & TONGJI Executive MBA, Mannheim Master in Management Analytics, Mannheim Master of Accounting & Taxation, Company Programs, Open Courses, and Summer programs, MSc Management and MSc Economics and Business Education.
- Bachelor’s in the management field offered at Mannheim include BSc in Business Administration and BSc in Economics and Business Education.
- Students can do a doctorate at MBS, by two methods, namely, Centre for Doctoral Studies in Business (CDSB) Ph.D. programs in the Areas of, Accounting, Finance, Information Systems, Management, Marketing, Operations Management, etc. Doctoral Program at a Chair.
- MBS has got another campus that allows students to pursue executive education as well.
Mannheim Business School Campus and Residence
- Centrally located at the upper side of the Mannheim Squares lies the Mannheim Schloss which serves as the home to the University of Mannheim.
- The school’s campus is mainly based in the baroque palace in the center of the city which was built between 1720 and 1760 by Charles Theodore, Elector of Bavaria.
- With its 450 meters long façade and six hectares of enclosed space, its dimensions exceed even those of the Palace of Versailles.
- Almost half of the most important German companies are located within a 250-kilometer radius of the Mannheim campus.
- Business School of University of Mannheim’s students may join the two student committees they offer for Management and Economic & Business Education.
- Other than this, the students may also participate in events, clubs, athletics, etc.
- It has approximately 3,500 students. Business School comprises 19% international students out of which 50% female students.
- Mannheim as a city has a lot to offer with its concerts, museums, and theatres. The area also is an excellent location from an economic viewpoint being home to several multinational companies from different industries and attracting numerous foreign companies.
University of Mannheim students may reside at Studierendenwerk. They provide 3,200 rooms in form of apartments or a single room in a residence hall, situated in a traditional working-class neighborhood, or an upscale suburb. Most rooms are furnished and connected to the university's computer center, which makes internet surfing free of cost. Price also includes heating, hot water, and hall cleaning.
Mannheim Business School Application Process
Application Portal: Click Here to Download the Form
Application Fee: 130 EUR
Basic Admission Requirements
- An internationally recognized academic degree in any discipline
- A minimum of B+ average
- GMAT: a minimum score of 600
- At least 3 years of postgraduate working experience
- Proof of English Language Proficiency
- Proof of German Language Proficiency (for particular programs)
- Letter of Motivation (500 words)
- German Student Visa
English Proficiency Requirements
Mannheim Business School Cost of Accommodation
The cost of living in Germany when enrolled at the institute includes accommodation rates, books, food, health insurance, etc. The tuition fees for various programs offered by Mannheim Business School are tabulated below:-
|Tuition fees (MBA)||39,500|
|Housing and Meals (estimated)||10,200|
|Books and Supplies||1,250|
|Personal Expenses and Transportation||2,300|
NOTE:- The amounts do not include transportation, accommodation, and living costs. It varies depending upon the choice of lifestyle and the city you live in and would cost nearly around 750 EUR.
Mannheim Business School Scholarships
At Mannheim Business School, a range of scholarships in Germany for international students are available to outstanding applicants to help them finance their education.
- Prodigy Finance Loan Program for International Students: International students accepted into the full-time MBA program are eligible to apply for a loan with Prodigy Finance. Interest rates vary depending on individual applicants. For further detail about the terms and conditions, students can visit the official website, Prodigy’s website.
- Scholarship for Women in Business: The scholarship amount is modest (1,000-2,000 EUR) and awarded on a competitive basis. A decision on whether a student has been successful in obtaining a scholarship will not be made before June 2020.
- Scholarship For The Most Outstanding Candidate: The scholarship is offered to students with a high score on the GMAT or GRE and TOEFL or IELTS (if appropriate), international working experience with excellent foreign language skills (e.g. min. German at B2 level), and social engagement. The amount of the scholarship is 7,000 EUR.
- Deutschland Scholarship: Amount (300 EUR); Applicants for bachelor's, master's, and Staatsexamen study courses based on their study performance.
- Opportunity Mannheim Scholarship: Amount (varies); Awarded to students who show high commitment in their program of study despite their difficult financial situation.
- There is an innovative way offered to finance the studies named the Generation Contract of Brain Capital. The students with a minimum income of 30,000 euros receive payment repayable in 10 years. Anyone having even lower income gets limited repayment facilities.
Mannheim Business School Placements
- Over 90% of the graduates (in 2018) got job offers within three months of their graduation and 75% of international students continue their career in Germany after completion of the course.
- Amazon, BASF, Daimler, Danfoss, Microsoft, SAP, PwC, McKinsey, Volocopter, and Würth are few names of the prestigious companies which recruit MBS students after completion of their studies.
- The center for career development provides individual career coaching, company visits, soft skills enhancing workshops, training for writing CVs and cover letters.
- Career weeks and company recruitment fairs are also organized to help the students gain their dream jobs.
Some of the average salary figures of the MBS graduates are as follows:
|By Area/By Degree||Average Salary in USD|
|Consulting, Accounting and Professional Services||58,000|
|Masters in Finance||167,000|
The institute has a career network that allows the students and the employers to connect and gather exposure. The career network includes services, such as application checks, job fairs, a central calendar of events at the University, CV-Book, JobBoard, etc.
Master’s students have been recruited in companies like Samsung, WURTH, Roche, Allianz, and more. Nearly 96% of Master's students find a job within 3 months after graduation.
Mannheim Business School FAQs
Ques. What is the admission application fee of the Mannheim Business school?
Ans. The university charges 145 Euros (MBA 130 Euros) for its admission application fees.
Ques. What is the minimum IELTS score required for admission to MBA?
Ans. The minimum score requirement is 7 bands though students who get admission generally score higher.
Ques. Is it mandatory to have work experience for getting admission at MBS?
Ans. A minimum of three years of professional work experience is a pre-requisite for the MBS MBAs.
Ques. What proof is required to show the work experience?
Ans. Verifiable letters from the current or past employers are to be submitted.
Ques. How much discount will I get if I submit my application before the first early bird discount date?
Ans. A discount of 3,000 Euros is offered for the first early bird and 1,000 euros for the second early bird admission deadlines.
Ques. What is the average tuition cost at the university?
Ans. The tuition cost is around 39500 Euros. It varies for different courses.
Ques. What is the acceptance rate of the college?
Ans. The acceptance rate of the college is around 17%.
Ques. Is there a possibility of getting a waiver from GMAT score submission?
Ans. GMAT is a compulsory requirement to get admission at MBS.
Ques. Is the GRE score valid in place of the GMAT?
Ans. Yes, The school accepts a GRE score equivalent to GMAT 600 and above.
Ques. Does MBS provide career guidance or help in career development?
Ans. The school is catered by a fully operational and equipped career development center and provides all possible help to its graduates in getting the right placements.
Ques. Do I need to learn German to get admission to MBA?
Ans. German language proficiency is not a requirement to get admission though to work in Germany knowledge of the language will be required.
Spring Admissions Deadlines
Summer Admissions Deadlines
- Bus Station
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary