The University of Augsburg, situated in Augsburg, Germany was established in 1970. It is a research-oriented university that conducts research in five central areas: Applied Computer Science, Health Sciences, Materials Science, Resource Management, and Transnational Studies. The university has joint ventures with the Universities of Osijek (Croatia), Iasi (Romania), Chabarowsk (Russia), and Pittsburgh (USA).
|Total number of students||20,138|
|International students||1,916 (9.5%)|
|Number of faculties||8|
|Undergraduate degree programs||40|
|Postgraduate degree programs||49|
|Number of faculties||8|
|Cost of attendance||700 Euros per month|
University of Augsburg Programs and Residence
- The university offers academic programs in the field of Arts, Business, Humanities, Law, and Natural Sciences.
- Off-campus housing is available for the students in the form of dormitories. The details related to the dormitories are provided by some organizations such as - Studentenwerk Augsburg, Kolping Residences, BLLV dormitories, Dormitory SilbermannPark and Campus neighbors.
- In addition to that, students may also opt for shared apartments, students can find more information on: Erasmus4Erasmus, wg-gesucht.de regarding the same. Hostels are also available for the students who plan to stay for a limited period of time.
University of Augsburg Admissions
Students can apply through UNI-ASSIST application portal for the university.
- January 15th for the summer semester
- July 15th for the winter semester
- Secondary school certificate (middle school, high school etc.)
- Final certificate from the university last attended, if applicable
- the supervisor's supervision with the declaration if German language skills are required or adequate (for doctorate candidates only)
- German language proficiency tests (Level B2): DSH (DSH-1), DaF (TDN3), onDaF (110-115), DSD II, Goethe/TELC/OSD (B2).
- English language proficiency tests (Level B2) – TOEFL iBT (72-94), TOEFL ITP (567-636), IELTS (5.5 – 6.5), TOIEC (400-485 listening, 385 – 450 reading).
University of Augsburg Cost of Attendance
|Studentenwerk contribution||52,00 Euros|
|Semester ticket||62.85 Euros|
|Student hall of residence||160–260 Euros per month|
|German TV/radio license||Around 20 Euros|
|Statutory health insurance||Around 80 Euros per month|
|Groceries||Around 200 Euros per month|
|Books, lecture notes, copies||150–200 Euros per semester|
University of Augsburg Scholarship
The University of Augsburg provides grants to international students who meet definite criteria. The graduates of a German School can achieve the BayBIDS-scholarship.
|Oskar Karl Forster Scholarship||A minimum of 100 Euro and a maximum of 500 Euro as a one-off benefit||Destitute students or a grant for doctoral candidates|
|United Scholarship Fund of the City of Augsburg||500 Euro per month||Needy Augsburg students|
|Scholarships for women||Varies||Women candidates|
|The National Scholarship Program at the University of Augsburg||300 Euros per month||Candidates who demonstrate exceptional academic achievements|