Bielefeld University: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Bielefeld University is a top notch public research institution based in Germany. Presently, the university is home to 25,015 students, of which 1196 (8%) are international students belonging to 60 diverse nations worldwide. International students can choose from over 117 Bielefeld Courses that are offered through 13 academic faculties of the university. Some of the popular programs offered by the university include Economics and Management, Natural Sciences, Biology, and Law.
Ranked #158 as per the THE rankings 2021, the university is regarded globally for its world class teaching and exceptional research facilities. Bielefeld University adopts a slightly easy admissions policy with an acceptance rate of 80%. International students must meet the entry requirements, submit strong letters of recommendation, motivation letters and ELP scores such as IELTS, TOEFL to get accepted at the university.
As a public university based in Germany, Bielefeld does not charge any tuition fees. The university doesn't offer any scholarships to international students. Students seeking funding to study at the university, must check out other external funding options like DAAD Scholarships, Heinrich Boll Scholarship, etc.
Bielefeld University Rankings
- #158 in the World University Rankings, #20 in young university rankings as per Times higher education rankings 2021
- #801-1000 QS Global World rankings 2021
- #483 in Best Global Universities as per US news and world report
- #101-150 in top 50 under 50 rankings by QS
- Bielefeld ranks 158th in the World University Rankings 2021~ THE
- It is one of the top Public Universities in Germany
- 801-1000 QS Global World rankings 2021
- 101-150 Subject ranking bestowed by QS
- The university is ranked #483 in Best Global Universities. By ~ US news
Bielefeld University Highlights
|Admission helpdesk||Phone: +49(521)10600 Fax: +49(521)1065844 email@example.com|
Bielefeld University Campus
- Based on one of the largest cities in Germany, Bielefeld University is home to 9 research centres, 14 faculties and 3 special research projects under a single roof.
- The Bielefeld university campus offers a myriad of sports facilities, music/culture and research and development centres.
- The campus comprises CITEC research building on campus north and Building X on campus south are the distinctive features.
- Building X is accommodated with a common canteen for the university and the technical college.
- In upcoming years, a new center of science will be built in Bielefeld.
Bielefeld University Accommodation
Bielefeld University does not provide housing facilities to the students. However, there are two ways of finding accommodation in Germany for international students.
- Studierendenwerk offers accommodation to international students. As soon as the students receive their admission decision, they can apply for a room at the Studierendenwerk.
- Other private accommodation options are available for the students at well furnished rooms at a short distance from the university campus.
Bielefeld University Programs
- Bielefeld University offers over 117 UG and PG programs through its 14 faculties.
- Some of the programs offered by the Bielefeld University include Biology, chemsitry., law, public health, psychology, history, data science, technology and MBA.
- The Bielefeld University programs are ranked among the top programs globally by QS and THE.
- The intake season for most of the programs is in the winter season. The applicants are advised to check the application deadlines for their chosen courses before applying to the university.
Bielefeld University Admission Process
Bielefeld University enrolls over 25000 students in its 117 UG and PG programs. Students wishing to pursue their degree at the university must follow the below mentioned application process:
Application Portal: Uni Assist
Application Fee: Free
Bielefeld University Cost of Attendance
Bielefeld University does not charge any tuition fees from the students. Students are only required to submit semester fees. Semester fee also includes semesterticket for free public transport in and around Bielefeld and on regional trains and buses in North-Rhine Westphalia
|Semester Ticket||147.29 Euros|
|Regulations of Studierendenwerk||91 Euros|
|NRW ticket||57.40 Euros|
|Regulations of the student body||18.35 Euros|
|Expenses||Cost in EUR per month|
|Accommodation in Studentenwerk||280|
|Health insurance and other medical fees||80|
|Clothes, leisure activities, social fees, travel expenses, telephone bills||850|
Bielefeld University Scholarships & Financial Aids
Bielefeld University doesn’t provide scholarships to finance the studies of the students. Students can however explore other external scholarships available to study in Germany. The student can take up part time jobs to help themselves out. There are 128 days full day permit available on the visa to work during the student’s course of study,
Bielefeld University Alumni
Alumni Association helps in creating opportunities for students by exchanging knowledge and advice regarding education and thus strengthening social support.
- Some of the notable alumni are:
- Claudia Kemfert- German economics expert
- Merieluise Beck- German Politician
- Helmut Lukkepohl- German econometrician
- Ralf Wagner-University professor
- Elena Esposito- Italian sociologist
Bielefeld University Placements
Bielefeld University organises different workshops and events are organized to assist students in their preparation for job interviews, resume building,
As per Emolument, the top paying jobs of Bielefeld graduates and alumni and their respective salaries are given below:
|Profession||Average Salary in EUR|
|Master in Finance||124729.22|
|Master in Science||91018.62|
|Finance & Control Strategy||124729.22|
Bielefeld University boasts of its exceptional research capabilities and teaching excellence. Ranked among the top 200 universities across the world, Bielefeld is one the top study abroad destinations for international students due to affordable fees, quality education and inclusive environment.
Application Portal :https://www.uni-bielefeld.de/studium/studieninteressierte/bewerbung/bewerbung/
Times Higher Education
Ranked #401 - #500
Computer Science (International)
Ranked #301 - #400
Ranked #301 - #400
Ranked #301 - #400
View More >>
QS World University
Ranked #801 - #1000
It was the time when my father had an official transfer to Germany. My family decided to reallocate there. This meant that I have to pursue my further education from there. I applied to 2 universities near my home and luckily got selected in both of them. But finally, after comparing deeply, I selected Bielefeld University for which I have applied via the uni-assist app (totally free).
Course Curriculum :
I was taught comprehensive basics of biology, as well as content from chemistry, physics, and mathematics that is required for biological research. There is a special focus on topics such as genetics, cell biology, physiology, ecology and diversity, Behavior and neural mechanisms, etc. The curriculum provided in-depth knowledge about these subjects and inculcated skills needed to make a better future in this field.
My life at Bielefeld University is absolutely wonderful. Everyone here is provided with something. From organized field trips to various tournaments on campus the university tries to keep us engaged. Thus my life here is so much more than just studying. I get to see it as an opportunity and a privilege to find new friends and build a network for the future.
Course Curriculum :
I am studying an advanced and elaborate course curriculum. It provides me with the opportunity to satisfy all demands for admission to professional schools like medical, dental, pharmacy and veterinary schools and also to graduate programs.
- Super Market
- Book Store
- Shopping Mall
- Train Station
- Bus Station
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary