Technical University of Braunschweig: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Situated in Braunschweig, Germany, Technical University Braunschweig was established in 1745 as a mathematical and technical subject offering institute. It was later renamed to Technical University in 1968 after the establishment of the social sciences department. The university has currently 20,000 students enrolled with 3,700 employees and 130 traineeships. The university has about 3,000 international students from 118 countries, making it one of the most popular institutes for international students to study in Germany.
The university offers 75 programs at bachelors and masters level. The university has research collaboration with universities from 60 countries and has a global reputation for its high research output. The university has the affiliation of TU9, a society of the largest German institutions of technology. There are four major research areas at the university, namely: Future City, Metrology, Mobility, and Infection & Therapeutics.The main aim of the university is to impart technical education and research through good quality mentorship.
- The Times higher education (THE) world university ranking 2020 has placed the university 601-800th rank category worldwide and 151-200th rank category in European Teaching Rankings 2019.
- CWUR world university rankings 2018-2019 has ranked Technical University Braunschweig – World rank: 583 and National rank: 44
|Courses offered||Undergraduate and graduate – masters & doctoral|
|Annual Budget||335 Million EUR|
|International student population||2957 (15%)|
|Academic calendar||Semester (Winter and Summer)|
- The university has six faculties offering 75 programs in total. These faculties are:
- Life Sciences
- Electrical engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Faculty of Humanities & studies in education.
- Each faculty has numerous institutes for teaching and research.
- Technical University’s campus at Braunschweig has a central university library, Sports centre, Company canteen, Cafeteria, language labs and cafeterias in the campus.
- It is not uncommon for international students to find it hard to find on-campus accommodation as they are limited in German Universities.
- There is plenty of affordable accommodation while studying in Germany in case the students fail to secure a place in the residential dorms of the university.
- The StudentWerk at TU has seven halls of residence having 1,800 single rooms with shared kitchen and bathroom to individual apartments.
- Electricity, water, telephone, internet facilities are provided in these halls.
- Private accommodations in the form of private apartments and shared apartments are also available in the Braunschweig city nearby campus.
- The university website provides information such as vacancies, contact information and location of these private accommodation facilities.
- The six faculties at the Technical University Braunschweig offer 75+ programs in bachelors, master, doctorate and staatsexamen.
- University offers bachelor programs such as Bachelor in Architecture, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Bio & chemistry, pharmacy, biology etc. Master degree is offered in architecture, engineering, arts and social sciences.
- The university offers all courses in German language except International Computer science engineering course which is offered in English as well as German language.
Applications for getting admissions at Braunschweig Technical University are online. Applicants should first complete an online application form and take out the print of the form. Assessment fee should be paid and receipt should be enclosed with other documents. Then the signed form along with all other documents must be uploaded on the application portal. Depending upon the country, some entrance exam for bachelor degree applicants is required.
Application form: Official Website
Application fee: 70 EUR
|Semester||Start date||Last date|
|Winter||1 June||15 July|
|Summer||1 December||15 January|
Documents and eligibility:
- Printed and signed online Application – Antrag and Zulassung
- Certified and translated copy of high school/college certificates
- Application fee payment receipt
- Certified and translated copy of entrance exam results (if applicable)
- Additional course wise requirements
- German language proficiency:
|TestDaF||4 points in each section|
|Goethe Institute certificate||C2|
|Telc Deutsch Hochschule||C1 level|
- English language proficiency for courses offered in English/International courses:
|Test type||Minimum score|
|DAAD language certificate or equivalent||3Xb2 and 1xC1 or higher|
Cost of Attendance
- Tuition fee is not applicable for international students.
- Semester contribution fee:
|Student support services||EUR 104.00|
|Student body contribution + semester ticket||EUR 179.77|
|Administrative fee||EUR 75.00|
- Monthly average flat/room rental prices per month in Braunschweig
|StudentWerk residence halls||EUR 250-500|
|Private apartment||EUR 350-500|
|Shared apartment||EUR 250-350|
- Average Monthly expenses are tabulated below:
|Accommodation (Average)||EUR 300|
|Study materials||EUR 50|
|Leisure, sports, travel||EUR 100|
Financial aid for International Students
- It is recommended that international students seek funding to study in Germany from their own home countries as funds are limited at the institute itself.
- International students can apply for a scholarship through the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
- It contains databases of various scholarship offering organisations which provide these financial supports to international students.
- In addition to above aids, students may take up part-time jobs provided by university & available in the campus itself or in the city to finance their studies. Many companies offer jobs which students can manage with studies. For working in Germany, tax-card and other documents are required.
- The university has a strong alumni connection with start-up groups and networks such as Braunschweig start-up network and the technology transfer office start-up network.
- There are numerous alumni associations in each faculty.
- Some famous people who studies at the university:
- Dr. Bernhard Bloemer
- Dr.-Ing. Stefan Lender
- Dr.-Ing. Julia Bierbaum
- The university holds a job market where students can apply as professors and other non-teaching staff in the university itself.
- Job-fair is organised in the university both on-campus and online for student job placement where numerous international as well as local companies offer jobs.
- International students do not have unlimited permission to work in Germany after finishing studies. Extra permission is required from the government for working for a longer time.
Find a Program
COLLEGE STUDENT REVIEWS
Times Higher Education
Ranked #601 - #800
Ranked #301 - #400
Ranked #251 - #300
Computer Science (International)
Ranked #301 - #400
Ranked #401 - #500
View More >>
QS World University
Ranked #551 - #560
I came to Germany on a family trip. Since then I decided to study here as I was very much attracted to the culture and way of living. After taking admission to the university I was also able to experience a variety of different cultures and traditions. While applying online, I have paid € 70 as the assessment charges.
Course Curriculum :
My course is a combination of engineering sciences, mathematics, and applied computer sciences. We will develop mathematical models for physical processes such as occur in various branches of engineering sciences. We will solve specific problems regarding physical modeling, mathematical description as well as numerical simulation and performing and evaluating complex numerical analyzes of engineering processes. Because of the international focus of CSE, we find ourselves in a multicultural environment.
- Shopping Mall
- Book Store
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary