University of Duesseldorf Admission 2020-2021, Requirement, Deadline & Acceptance Rate
University of Dusseldorf has been renamed as Heinrich Heine University (HHU) in the year 1988. It is situated in North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany. Dusseldorf was established in 1965. It's collaboration with different research centres is highly acclaimed. The university's campus is situated in the south of the city of Dusseldorf. It boasts of harbouring more than 30000 students in its premises. HHU offers more than 50 undergraduate and graduate programmes to choose from apart from excellent research facilities.
- International students can submit an application for either the winter semester or the summer semester.
- The application method for the University of Dusseldorf is both offline and online.
- GRE scores are required for admission to some of the masters program.
|Language Requirement||English, German|
|Academic Calendar||Semester system|
|Intake Season||Winter, Summer|
|Work experience||For Film/Music/Arts/Business programme|
|Financial assistance||Scholarship/Funding/Grants/Work-Study Integration|
University of Dusseldorf Admission Deadline
Students should apply before the below mentioned deadlines to be considered for admission:
|Program||Deadline (Summer)||Deadline (Winter)|
|Restricted Admission||January 15||July 15|
|Free Admission||First week of April||First week of October|
|Graduate||Varies with Program|
University of Dusseldorf International Admissions
University offers admission to International students in both undergraduate and graduate programs. All undergraduate programs are taught in german while some of the graduate programs are taught in english.
Admission Requirement for International Students
- School-leaving certificates (official, certified copies in the original language and in German, translated by a sworn translator)
- Proof of previous study credits
- If you have attended a Studienkolleg in Germany, please submit an official, certified copy of the certificate proving that you have passed the university entrance assessment test, and showing the subjects studied and the grades received.
- Certified copy of the marriage certificate
- Master’s programme: Aptitude test score
- Dean’s permission
- A Letter confirming academic supervision by a supervisor.
Language Requirements for International Students
International students are required to submit following scores as proof of english proficiency for admission to programs taught in German:
- DSH-2 or DSH-3
- TestDaF with grade 5 or 4 in all individual parts
- Kleines or Großes Deutsches Sprachdiplom or Zentrale Oberstufenprüfung from a Goethe Institute
- Goethe Certificate C2
- Deutsches Sprachdiplom from level 2
- das "Zertifikat telc Deutsch C1 Hochschule"
English language proficiency requirements for programs taught in english varies from course to course.
Visa Requirements for International Students
Students from the EU countries need not apply for a visa but other international students do need to apply for a Visum Zur Studienbewerbung (Student Applicant Visa) visa except for a few exceptional ones.
The process is bulleted below:
- Students should get an application form from the German Embassy in their country.
- They must fill the form and submit it with one set of original documents and two sets of documents of photocopies.
- After the application is approved within three months by the Foreign Office of Dusseldorf, an interview may be scheduled, upon qualification of which students shall be able to study in Germany.
Documents Required to Apply for a Visa:
- National visa application forms
- Financial sustenance statement
- German language course certificate
- English language course certificate
- School transcripts
- Letter of consent from parents/guardian
- Degree certificates
- Health insurance
- Letter of Commitment
- Curriculum vitae
University of Dusseldorf Undergraduate Admission
University of Dusseldorf offers courses in Social Sciences, Languages, Medicine, Economics, Law, Computer Science and many others at Undergraduate, Graduate and Doctoral Research levels. The language of instruction for undergraduate programs is german.
Where to Apply: Directly to the university by sending required documents/Online Application Portal
Application Fee: None
- School leaving certificates
- Academic records
- Study Credit Certificates
- Proof of German language proficiency
University of Dusseldorf Postgraduate Admission
University offers masters and doctoral programs at postgraduate level. To get Admission into master's degree, students will have to apply to respective professors at the university.
How to Apply: By Sending Application directly to University’s Professor
Application Fee: None
- Bachelor's degree qualified above average or with distinction.
- Four to five years of university study proof.
- Cover letter.
- Curriculum Vitae.
Here's a tabular representation of some of the courses available at the Dusseldorf University for better understanding of the requirements and deadlines-
|Course||Application Portal||Application Deadline||General Academic Requirements||Minimum English Proficiency Requirement|
|MSc Physics||Offline through post Or Online through Application portal||Summer: March 15
Winter: June 15 (Early Admission)
September 15 (Regular Admission)
|Bachelors in Physics or equivalent, Statement of Purpose,
Recommendation Letter, GRE score
TOEFL iBT: 80
|MSc Industrial Pharmacy||Offline through post Or Online through Application portal||15th July||Bachelor in Pharmacy, Chemistry, Biology,
Engineering or equivalent, GPA of 2.5, Aptitude test
TOEFL iBT: 80
|MA European Studies||Offline through post Or Online through Application portal||15th July||Bachelor's degree in social sciences, law,
economics, history or cultural studies
TOEFL iBT: 75
Foreign transcripts should be evaluated and translated in English or German. A certified copy of official documents must have:
- An endorsement certifying that the copy/duplicate is a true copy of the original document.
- The certifier’s signature
- An imprint of official seal.
Although, the submission of german proficiency scores is not for admission to programs taught in english. However, university gives preference to International students submitting theses scores in the selection process.