University of Mannheim: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Established in 1967, the University of Mannheim is one of the top research institutes in Europe. It is situated in Baden-Württemberg, Germany. The university has partnerships with various national and international research institutes across the globe. The Mannheim Center for European Social Research is considered one of the best social science research institutes in the world.
Admissions at University of Mannheim has a total enrollment of 12,000 students including 1,700 international students from all over the world. Listed in Forbes Magazine, Bloomberg BusinessWeek, and The Economist's list of Top 10 Best Business Schools in Germany, it has a total of six academic departments that offer programs in disciplines like Business Administration, Economics, Humanities, Social Science, Law, Business Mathematics and Information Technology.
University of Mannheim Rankings
The University of Mannheim is ranked by some of the most reputed agencies. A snapshot of the 2021 Rankings is given below:
- Ranked #140th in the World Rankings by Times Higher Education Rankings 2021.
- Ranked between 51-75 for European Teaching Rankings by Times Higher Education Rankings 2021.
- Ranked #33 globally for Economics by Times Higher Education Subject Rankings.
- Ranked #307 Globally by QS Top Universities Rankings 2021.
- Ranked #706 among Best Global Universities by US News and World Report Rankings.
- Ranked #299 among Best Global Universities in Europe by US News and World Report Rankings.
- Ranked #47 among Best Global Universities in Germany by US News and World Report Rankings.
|Major Programs||Social Sciences, MBA, Business and Economics|
|Number of Professors||194|
|Percentage of International Students||18.6%|
|Total Budget 2019||EUR 121 Million|
|International Student Fees||EUR 1500 per semester|
|Intake Seasons||Fall and Spring|
|Mode of Program||Full time; Part-time|
University of Mannheim Campus
- The glorious campus of The University of Mannheim is located in a baroque palace, which was originally built between 1720 and 1760
- With a facade stretch of over 440 meters, the entire campus spreads across six hectares of land
- There are many festivals organized on campus for students to get better acquainted with their surroundings such as the Schlossfest and Schneckenhof parties
- Also, there are more than 50 student organizations to get associated with and take part in their numerous events
- The University of Mannheim has around 194 professors and 840 academic staff members for a student body of approximately 12,000 students
University of Mannheim Residence
- The University of Mannheim does not provide on-campus accommodation to its students. However, it has various other housing options available for the students
- Studierendenwerk Mannheim provides over 3200 rooms to the students with various amenities such as heating, hall cleaning, as well as hot water, and internet
- Various private housing accommodation options are also available for the students in the 17 districts of Mannheim which are connected to the university via public transport facilities
University of Mannheim Programs
- The University of Mannheim offers more than 60 programs including Bachelor’s, Master’s, as well as Doctoral programs
- Some of the most popular programs offered by University of Mannheim are in Economics, Sociology, Political Science, Business Administration, German studies
- Another exquisite program offered by the University of Mannheim is its integrated LL.B. and state examination program in Law
- All the Bachelor’s programs require a proof of proficiency in German on C1 level to be submitted while applying for the same
- The university also offers 8 completely English taught Master’s programs as well as 13 double and joint degree programs
Application Process at University of Mannheim
Successful processing of the application requires submission of an application fee and a complete application that is supplemented with required documents.
International students seeking admissions at the University can follow the below-mentioned admission details:
- Application Portal: the applications for admission in University of Mannheim can be filled through their online admission portal
- Application Fee: Not Applicable
- Student Class Profile:
- The University of Mannheim has over 12,000 students enrolled for its programs including the Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral Programs
- International students from over 100 countries make around 18.6% of the total student population
- Supporting Documents:
- Notarized copy of University Entrance Qualification (in English or German), and if the copies are in any other language then the notarized translations in English or German are required
- For the programs taught in German, proof of proficiency in German on at least C1 level is required to be submitted
- Proof of taking an Aptitude Test is required to be submitted by the applicants of Bachelor’s program
- Proof of previous periods of study in and outside of Germany if any need to be submitted along with English or German translations
- Students also need to submit their CV’s along with their applications and a one-page Letter of Motivation in German explaining why are they are interested in studying at the University of Mannheim
- The Business Administration, Business Informatics, and Current English Linguistics and Literary Studies programs need proof of language proficiency to be submitted
- Proof of extracurricular activities if any also needs to be submitted along with the application
German universities follow a two-semester system which includes winter semester and summer semester. Students seeking admission at German universities are encouraged to apply at least 2 months prior to the expiry of the application deadlines.
- The applications for Bachelor’s and Bachelor of Education Programs can be submitted between May 15 and July 15
- The applications for the Master’s Programs can be submitted between May 1 and May 31
IMPACT OF COVID 19: In lieu of the current situation of Covid-19, the fall semester 2020 application period will be postponed and some other changes are also notified by the university
University of Mannheim Cost of Attendance
The international students planning to apply for the admission need to analyze their expenses in advance, to aid you with the process a tabulated list covering the basic expenses is presented below:
|Expenditure||Cost In Euros|
|Tuition Fees (per semester)||1500|
|Basic monthly expense||700 to 750|
|Rent (including amenities)||250 to 300|
Financial Aid For International Students
- The university provides at least 250 scholarships per year. Students need to apply separately for a scholarship.
- Deutschland Scholarship: This is awarded for talented and high achieving students at public and state-recognized institutions of higher education in Germany. The scholarship is for 300 Euros per month.
- The university offers a Graduation Scholarship for students working on their final theses for a period limited to six months if proof of financial aid is submitted
- Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung is a political foundation scholarship offered by the University of Mannheim for international students pursuing their degrees in academic institutions of higher education in Germany
- Bronnbach Scholarship is offered by the university for Cultural Competence and is applicable for existing students as well as the Alumni’s
- Through the ASEM-DUO scholarship, the university offers a one-time grant of 4,000 Euros to exchange students between Asia and Europe. However, the prospects of this program are not very good and students should not rely on this solely.
International students should look for scholarship opportunities in their home country and not rely too heavily on scholarships offered at the university. International student scholarships in Germany are rare and quite competitive.
- The Alumni network of University of Mannheim is called ABSOLVENTUM and is considered the biggest alumni network in Germany
- The Alumni Network regularly hosts annual events as well as formal get-together’s for the alumni’s to network amongst each other and seek professional advice
- Some of the notable alumni’s of University of Mannheim are Henning Kagermann (Former CEO of SAP), Bruno Salzer ( CEO of Hugo Boss), Jens Weidmann (President of Deutsche Bundesbank)
University of Mannheim Placement
- The university offers career opportunities to the students through its Career Network with Job Board Portal.
- The Job Board is a platform that has various internship and full-time jobs for students.
- Students can search for their desired job from the portal by registering with their resume.
- Students can also consult a mentor in case they are facing any difficulty in searching for suitable jobs.
- Students attend Job fairs, company job events, and workshops to explore more about job opportunities.
- International students can participate in application training and information sessions if they are willing to work in Germany.
Some of the highest-paid Jobs offered to the students of the University of Mannheim as per Emolument.com :
|Job Position||Average Salary|
|Executive Management & Change||$179,000|
|Programme & Project Management||$135,000|
|Pharmaceuticals & Biotech||$101,000|
|Sales & Business Development||$95,000|
Ques. Does the University of Mannheim offer Scholarships to international students?
Ans. The University of Mannheim offers Deutschland and DAAD scholarships for both domestic and international students. Deutschland scholarship is awarded to undergraduate students and DAAD is awarded only to graduate students.
Ques. Is the University of Mannheim reputed?
Ans. The University of Mannheim is one of the top research institutes in Europe. The Mannheim Center for European Social Research is considered one of the best social science research institutes in the world.
Ques. Does the University of Mannheim offer an MBA?
Ans. Yes. The Master of Business Administration program offered by the University of Mannheim is listed as number 1 in Germany and among the top 10 Best MBA Globally by various well-known agencies and magazines.
Ques. What is the Tuition Fee for international students at the University of Mannheim?
Ans. International students are asked to pay the tuition fees of EUR 1,500 per semester.
Ques. What are the courses offered by the University of Mannheim?
Ans. The University offers Undergraduate programs in Business Administration, Literature, History, Economics, Communication, Education, Political Science, and Law.
Graduate programs are offered in Data Science, Management, history, Culture and Economics, literature, media, Laws, Political Science, Psychology and Sociology, etc.
Ques. Does the University of Mannheim offer placement services?
Ans. The University Provides placements through various jobs various and career events conducted by the Career Network of the University of Mannheim. Students may explore a number of jobs and internships via the Job Board Portal.
Ques. What is the total student population at the University of Mannheim?
Ans. The University of Mannheim has a total of 12,000 students enrolled in undergraduate and graduate programs. Out of the total, 1,700 are international students.
Find a Program
Times Higher Education
Ranked #151 - #175
Computer Science (International)
Ranked #201 - #250
Ranked #201 - #250
View More >>
QS World University
My relatives live here and they suggested me to join this school as it has outstanding facilities with master instructors and mentors, and they regularly update and realign curriculum to be in lockstep with the most current industry standards. After securing a GPA of 8, I had to submit an online form. My application fee was around $50.
Course Curriculum :
I learned how to apply my artistic vision to the widest spectrum of digital experience for web, mobile, and tablet platforms, from gaming to broadcast mediums. I got the opportunity to collaborate with thought leaders, work directly with clients, and partner with industry mentors to envision new design directions, emulating a digital agency experience.
I completed my bachelor's in law from the University of Mumbai and then decided to shift to the USA to complete my Master's. My friend suggested me this university as I decided to pursue my Masters from this particular University. I was required to pay an application fee and apply through the online portal of the college.
Course Curriculum :
It trained me to a high standard in law and business administration and economics. Also, the program had a modular structure and it consisted of one mandatory module in Law as well as one elective module in Business Administration/Economics respectively.
After completing my bachelor's in data science, I went to a Consulting agency and they recommended me e some colleges among which I chose this one as I found it to be more renowned and popular. I was required to pay an application fee and applied to the online portal of the college.
Course Curriculum :
My course curriculum is very well defined and updated and I was taught about Data Science from a very basic to advanced level. In this master’s program, I also had the opportunity to attend courses offered by the interdisciplinary Data and Web Science research group at the University of Mannheim. Other than this, I learned to collect, organize, analyze, and visualize large amounts of data using the appropriate tools and methods.
I always wanted to get the best and do my best. Since Germany is the best country to learn data science, therefore, I applied to multiple colleges and my application got selected here at the University of Mannheim. I applied to the college via the online application and paid no additional fee for it.
Course Curriculum :
The Data Science masters is an interdisciplinary program of study that is unique in Germany. Courses in the fields of Business Informatics, Sociology, Political Science, and Mathematics all deal with Big Data. In this master?s program, we also have the opportunity to attend courses offered by the interdisciplinary Data and Web Science research group at the University of Mannheim.
- Bus Station
- Shopping Mall
- Book Store
- Train Station
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary