International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM) Admission 2020-2021, Requirements, Deadlines & Visa Process
International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM) offers admission to a variety of programs such as Business, management, humanities, health, and social sciences. The university had enrolled more than 22,500 students in various courses. The university offers foundation, dual degree, undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
- The institution charges RM 100 payable to the Finance Director,(Application fee) for admission.
- The student-to-faculty ratio is 20:1.
- The university offers admission to its Gombak Campus, Kelantan Campus, Kuala Lumpur Campus, and CFS Campus.
|Application Process||UPU-online/IIUM e-admission|
|Admission fee||RM 100|
|Payment Mode||Cash, Online Payment, Bank Transfer, Oversea Transfer|
|Academic Calendar||Semester based|
|English Proficiency Requirement||TOEFL/IELTS/EPT|
|Visa Requirement||Student Pass|
International Islamic University Malaysia Admission Deadlines
Deadline for applying at International Islamic University Malaysia is provided below:
|1||1st week of April|
Also for dual degree admission in LLB, the Application Dates are:
International Islamic University Malaysia International Admission
International students online can submit an application through its UPU online and IIUM e-admission portal.
Admission Requirements for International Students
- At least three principal passes (minimum grade D) in the General Certificate of Education ‘Advanced Level’ (GCE) ‘A’ Level Examination (UK Educational System) obtained in one sitting; OR
- Pass in Islamic Studies subject; OR
- Any other qualifications that are recognized by the Senate of the University as equivalent to the above
- Following subjects studied at any one of the above examinations:
- Mathematics (for undergraduate programs except for Bachelor of Arabic)
- Two other subjects in the intended field of study take
English Proficiency Requirement for International Students
International students applying for undergraduate programs are required to submit one of the following scores to demonstrate English proficiency:
Note: Minimum score requirement varies with the program for postgraduate admission.
Visa Process for International Students
International Islamic University Malaysia admits only those international students who get a student visa by the approval of the Malaysian Government.
For this, the students must submit the following:
- Offer letter from the institution
- Completed student visa application form
- Visa application fee: RM 1000 to RM 1200
- Copy of passport biodata page
- Evidence of health insurance cover
- English proficiency test results
- Criminal record check results in
- Four recent passport-sized photographs
- Certificate of Enrolment or Letter of Offer
- Evidence of sufficient funds
International Islamic University Malaysia Undergraduate Admission
Some of the most popular undergraduate degree courses offered by the International Islamic University Malaysia are Engineering, Education, Islamic Banking & Finance, Architecture & Environmental Design, Centre for Languages and Pre University Academic Development, Economics & Management Sciences and Information & Communication Technology.
Where to Apply: International Islamic University Malaysia Undergraduate Application portal
Application Fee: RM 100
- STPM / STAM / Diploma / Asasi UiTM (Law/TESL) / Asasi Sains Fizikal (PASUM) :
- A Pass at the SPM level or equivalent with at least Credit in Bahasa Melayu / Bahasa Malaysia or equivalent
- A Credit in “Pendidikan Islam” / “Tasawwur Islam” / ”Pendidikan Al-Qur’an
- As-Sunnah” / ”Pendidikan Syariah Islamiah” at the SPM level or equivalent;
- A Credit in any three subjects in SPM/equivalent.
- A Diploma or any other Equivalent Qualification with a CGPA 3.00 recognized by the Government of Malaysia and approved by the Senate of the University
- A Pass at the STAM examination with at least Jayyid Jiddan:
- A Pass at the STPM examination with a CGPA of 3.00 or at least:
- Grade C (SGP) of 2.00 in the General Paper
- Grade C (SGP) of 2.00 in two of other subjects taken
International Islamic University Malaysia Postgraduate Admission
Admission to postgraduate programs is managed by Centre for Postgraduate Studies (CPS), established on July 1, 2000.
Where to Apply: IIUM admission portal
Application Fee: RM 100
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field
- APT score (depending upon program)
The popular courses offered by the IIUM for postgraduate studies are:
|Course||Academic Requirements||Minimum English Proficiency Requirement|
|Master of Arts in Arabic Linguistic Studies||7.0 or above score in APT||TOEFL (pBT): 500
|Master of Arts in Arab as a second language||7.0 or above score in APT||TOEFL (pBT): 500
|Masters of Human Science in English Language Studies||2.8 or above CGPA, One year of undergraduate English courses with PASS grades
(B or higher) for each course (language or literature, according to the choice of the program), Work Experience
|TOEFL (pBT): 600
|Master of Economics||Bachelor’s degree||TOEFL: 550
The admission process takes less than a month and the process is online for overseas students, through UPU and IIUM e-admission. The in-state students may also visit the IIUM campus for admission.