Assam JLEE 2020 : Check Application Form, Dates, Eligibility, Pattern Details here
Assam Science and Technology University, Guwahati invites application for Assam Joint Lateral Entrance Examination (Assam JLEE) 2020 for admission into 3rd Semester Class of B.E/ B.Tech Program of Assam Engineering College, Guwahati, Jorhat Engineering College, Jorhat, Jorhat Institute of Science and Technology, Jorhat, Bineshwar Brahma Engineering College, Kokrajhar, Girijananda Institute of Mgt. & Technology, Guwahati and Girijananda Institute of Management and Technology, Tezpur for the session 2020-21.
Assam JLEE 2020 Highlights
The Joint Lateral Entry Examination (JLEE) for Assam will be conducted by the Assam Science and Technology University for admissions to the third semester of B.E/B.Tech. Programme in Assam Engineering College,Jorhat Engineering College, Jorhat Institute of Science and Technology, Bineswar Brahma Engineering College.
Assam Joint Lateral Entry Examination
Assam Science and Technology University
Frequency of Conduct
Once a year
State Level Exam
Assam JLEE 2020 Important Dates
25th June 2020 (Released)
Last Date to submit the application form
20th July 2020
Last date of Payment
To be announced
Issue of admit card
18th August 2020 (Onwards)
Date of Examination
23rd August 2020
Date of Result
on or before 01 Sep 2020
Date for Counselling
To be announced
Assam JLEE Eligibility Criteria
Candidates need to fulfil the following eligibility criteria, as laid by the DTE, Assam.
Recognized Diploma of minimum 3 years duration from any Polytechnic Institution of Assam under State Council of Technical Education (SCTE)
A minimum of overall 45% marks (40% for SC/ST) must be scored in the Polytechnic Course
Candidate must be a Permanent resident of Assam
Candidates appearing in their final examination may also apply but they must have to produce their Original Mark sheet along with Pass Certificate of the Final Diploma on the day of Admission.
Assam JLEE 2020 Application Proces
- Eligible candidates can able to apply online at astu.ac.in
- Before going to apply candidates must ensure his / her eligibility. The application form must be filled and submitted with the requisite application fee.
- To fill the online application form candidates have to register themselves at the official website.
Assam JLEE 2020 Application Fee
- An Application Fee of Rs. 1000/- is to be paid online using “State bank Collect” which facilities payment through Debit/Credit card/ Net banking
- Assam Science and Technology University shall not accept hard copy of the Application and any other documents. Examination fee, once paid, is not refundable.
Assam JLEE Exam Pattern
The exam consist of a Single Paper of 3 hours duration, which includes the following sections:
Branch of Engineering
- Questions will be MCQ type. Every Question will carry 4 (four) marks each. 4 (four) marks will be awarded for a correct answer and 1(one) mark will be deducted for every wrong answer
- Assam JLEE is conducted in offline (OMR sheet mode)
Assam JLEE 2020 Exam Centres
Assam JLEE 2020 Admit Card
- Admit Cards / Hall Tickets will be made available for download from the website by putting the Application Number and Date of Birth of the Candidate from scheduled date onward
- The applicants can download their Admit Card online at, the official website by entering details such as Application Number/ User ID and Password