CAT 2020: Important COVID-19 Exam Day Guidelines
CAT 2020 is scheduled to be held on November 29, 2020 at around 425+ centres across the country. This year, CAT 2020 will be held with a certain set of rules, like change in exam pattern and COVID-19 Restrictions. Read the article below to know more.
IIM Indore has released the CAT Admit Card 2020 today at its official website. Candidates can visit the official website to download the admit card.
Read More: CAT Admit Card 2020 (Released)
Convener of CAT 2020 exam Prof Harshal Lowalekar has confirmed that in wake of the prevailing situation due to COVID 19, the CAT 2020 exam will be conducted at more than 425 test centres of CAT 2020 across India. The objective is to ensure the safety of the candidates as well as the staff who will be involved at the teat centres so that social distancing can be maintained as well as prevent overcrowding.
Objective of Increasing CAT 2020 Test Centres
In order to avoid any kind of overcrowding at the CAT test centre, Indian Institute of Management, Indore which is the conducting IIM for the CAT 2020 exam has increased the total number of the test centres.
The aim is to ensure that the candidates are allotted to the CAT test centre according to their preference. Moreover, at the time of the registration, candidates were given the option to choose at least six exam cities according to their preference as compared to four in the past.
CAT 2020 COVID-19 Exam Day Guidelines
Prof Lowalekar said that the COVID–19 guidelines that were followed during the JEE Main and JEE Advanced exams will also be strictly followed during CAT 2020 Exam.
It would be mandatory for the candidates to wear the masks and maintain a distance of at least six feet. Sanitisation bottles will be placed at regular intervals at the test centre and temperature of the candidates will be checked at the test centre with thermo gun. Candidates who are not aware with the COVID-19 guidelines followed during JEE Main and JEE Advanced Exams can refer to the points mentioned below in order to prepare themselves before going for the exam:
Candidates must check the advice issued by the Government in the light of COVID-19 before appearing for CAT 2020.
- Candidates are advised to reach the CAT 2020 Allotted Exam Center as per the time indicated on the Admit Card in order to avoid any kind of crowding.
- At the CAT 2020 Exam Center, the seating area, keyboard, monitor, desk and chair will be thoroughly sanitised after each shift. All the door handles and railings will be sanitised.
- Candidates will be required to wear a fresh mask that will be provided at the centre.
- Hand sanitizers will be kept at each examination centre. Candidates will be required to sanitise their hands before entering.
- Security personnel at each CAT exam centre will check the temperature of the candidate with a thermo gun.
- Candidates will only be allowed to carry CAT 2020 Admit Card, ID Card, transparent ballpoint pen, additional photographs, personal hand sanitizer and a transparent bottle of water.
- Candidates will be provided with 5 rough sheets on the assigned desk. Candidates must drop the rough sheet and admit the card in the drop box before leaving the examination hall.
- Candidates must ensure that they remain at a distance of 6 feet while entering the exam centre.