IIM Indore ranks #7 as per NIRF overall ranking 2020. It is the 2nd IIM after IIM Calcutta, to be awarded top three international accreditations, namely - AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA. IIM Indore is known for offering PGP - its 2 year, flagship programme. IIM Indore Admission to PGP or MBA depends upon CAT scores, class X and XII scores, plus performance in PI. IIM Indore recently debuted in the Top 100 of FTA Global MBA Ranking 2021, bagging #94 rank for its EPGP programme.
Check: IIM Indore CAT 2020 Cutoff
Apart from PGP, IIM Indore also offers one year, residential EPGP programme. IIM Indore’s EPGP has outranked other Indian B-Schools in FT Global Times’ Ranking 2021, with the highest score of 9.23 in Overall Satisfaction Category. Its admissions require GMAT scores followed by an interview. The programme is ideal for professional executives with a working experience.
There are also courses like EFPM and FPM, that are offered by IIM Indore. Admissions are based on CAT / GMAT / GRE / GATE / JRF / RAT followed by PI. For admission to PGPMX for working executives and IPM (dual degree), IIM Indore conducts its own Aptitude Test. Cutoffs are released and, interview calls are extended for final admission process completion.
IIM Indore PGP Quick Facts
The PGP course at IIM Indore ranks #7 as per NIRF Ranking 2020. It is the next best option after IIM Ahmedabad, Bangalore and Calcutta.
- PGP at IIM Indore is AIU recognized and is an equivalent of MBA. Thus, offering MBA degree instead of diploma. Read MBA vs PGDM.
- IIM Indore PGP Fee charges are INR 16.97 Lakhs. This also includes tuition and lodging charges.
- In comparison to other top Management Colleges in India, IIM Indore has the highest intake of 550+ students in its PGP programme. Including dual degree – IPM and PGP offered at Mumbai as well.
- IIM Indore PGP Admission is a 3 - step process. Including CAT and academic scores, followed by WAT and PI Round.
- PGP placement in 2021 recorded the following statistics:
- The Finance sector witnessed 24% offers followed by Sales & Marketing and Consulting.
- The highest interantional CTC was INR 56.8 LPA and highest domestic CTC was INR 41.5 LPA. Check IIM Indore Placement
- There are 86 faculty members for the PGP course. They hold doctoral degrees in areas of Management both nationally and internationally.
The best thing about MBA course is that a student from any field, be it science, commerce or arts, can pursue this 2 year masters degree course.
IIM Indore Ranking
Following IIM Indore Rankings that were awarded in the previous years are summarised below:
- IIM Indore ranked #94 out of 100 in Top B-Schools of the world by FTA Global MBA Ranking 2021 for EPGP.
- NIRF 2020 ranked IIM Indore at #7, among top 10 MBA Colleges.
- IIM Indore ranked #5 out of 100 by Outlook-ICARE India 2021
- IIM Indore is ranked #101 out of 130 by QS Global MBA Ranking 2021.
- IIIM Indore is ranked 3rd in General Management in Central Asia by Eduniversal Best Master 2021
- It has also bagged 12th rank in Executive MBA in Central Asia in MBA Ranking in 2021.
- IIM Indore was also ranked #18 out of 50 by Economic Times B-School in 2020.
IIM Indore Courses - Eligibility, Selection & Fee
IIM Indore offers the following programs under various specializations:
|Courses||Course Details||Selection Basis|
|Post Graduate Program in Management (PGP)||Duration: 2 years
Fee: INR 16.97 Lakhs (domestic) | INR 24.15 Lakhs
Eligibility: Bachelor’s degree with 50% marks.
|CAT/GMAT followed by WAT and PI|
|Post Graduate Program in Human Resource Management (PGP-HRM)||Duration: 2 years
Fee: INR 16.16 Lakhs
Eligibility: Bachelor’s degree with 50% marks
|CAT followed by WAT and PI|
|Executive Post Graduate Program in Management (EPGP)||Duration: 1 year
Fee: INR 21 Lakhs
Eligibility: 4-year Bachelor’s degree/ Integrated program with 50% marks or 3-year Bachelor’s degree with 50% marks + Master’s degree with 50% marks
|GMAT followed by PI|
|Post Graduate Program in Management for Working Executives (PGPMX)||Duration: 2 years (alternate weekends)
Fee: INR 16.10 Lakhs
Eligibility: Bachelor’s degree + 5-years Work Experience
|PGPMX Aptitude Test followed by PI|
|Fellow Program in Management (FPM)||Duration: 4 years
Stipend: INR 30,000
Eligibility: Master’s degree with 60% marks
|CAT/GMAT/GRE/GATE/JRF/RAT followed by PI|
|Executive Fellow Program in Management (EFPM)||Duration: 57 months
Fee: INR 9.80 Lakhs
Specializations: Communication, Economics, Financial & Accounting, Information & Systems, Marketing Management, Operation Management & Quantitative Techniques, Organizational Behaviour & Human Resource Management and Strategic Management
Eligibility: Master’s degree with 60% marks
|CAT/GMAT/GATE/GRE/JRF/RAT followed by PI|
|5-Year Integrated Program in Management (IPM)||Duration: 5 years
Fee: INR 20 Lakhs
Eligibility: Passed 10+2
|IPM Aptitude Test followed by WAT and PI|
Read More: IIM Indore Courses & Fees
IIM Indore Admission
IIMs conduct Common Admission Test (CAT) for admission to PGP and PGP-HRM programs. According to the CAT results, candidates are shortlisted for Personal Interview (PI) and Written Ability Test (WAT). But IIM Indore lays major importance on the 10th and 12th scores.
Non-Resident Indian (NRI) candidates are likewise qualified to apply and ought to have scored 600 and above in GMAT.
How to Apply?
- Go to the official website of IIM Indore
- Click on Academic Programmes under Programmes tab
- Now select the desired course for which you want to apply
- Register and fill the application form with all the relevant details.
- Upload necessary documents.
- Pay the required amount of application feesTimes
- Lastly, submit the application form and take a printout for future reference.
*Note: Some applications are commonly accepted through entrance exam applications itself.
Read More: IIM Indore Admission
IIM Indore Cutoff
Before counselling begins, respective IIMs release their cutoffs for admission. IIM Indore Cutoff of CAT 2020 for PGP admission is as follows:
|Quantitative Aptitude (QA)||80||80||70||55||45||45|
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DI & LR)||80||80||70||55||45||45|
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VARC)||80||80||70||55||45||45|
For admission to IPM an Aptitude Test is conducted, know as IPM AT. The cutoff for 2020 for general category was 40/16 for Quant MCQ/no MCA and 100 in Verbal Ability.
IIM Indore Placements
Despite COVID-19 restrictions, IIM Indore could manage placements with its partnering companies. More than 200 companies came for recruitment. Tabulated below are the details of placement drive at IIM Indore:
|IIM Indore Placement Statistics 2021|
|Highest International Package||INR 56.8 LPA|
|Highest Domestic Package||INR 41.5 LPA|
|Average CTC||INR 23.6 LPA|
|Highest Placement (Sector)||Finance: 24%|
With highest recruitments in Sales & Marketing (S&M) - 23% IIM Indore placements witnessed opening up of niche roles for candidates. The graph below shows the domain wise recruitment at IIM Indore:
Various companies like FIITJEE, HCL, Browserstack, Bridgestone, ITC, Google, Deloitte, Boston Consulting Group, etc. recruited students from IIM Indore.
IIM Indore vs Other Top IIM’s
Check comparison between IIM Indore and other top IIM’s like IIM Calcutta, Lucknow and Bangalore in the following table:
|Particulars||IIM Indore||IIM Calcutta||IIM Lucknow||IIM Bangalore|
|Highest CTC||INR 56.8 LPA||INR 80 LPA||INR 58.47 LPA (International) and INR 54 LPA (Domestic)||INR. 50-55 LPA|
|Average CTC||INR 23.6 LPA||INR 27.9 LPA||INR 24.25 LPA||INR 25 LPA|
|Top Recruiters||HCL, Browserstack, Bridgestone, ITC, Google, Deloitte||Amazon, Flipkart, Gaza Capital, Saif Partners, EY Parthenon, Accenture Strategy, Mahindra GMC||Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, McKinsey & Company, BCG, Amazon, Royal Bank of Scotland, Bain & Company||Amazon, Accenture, Bain, and Company, McKinsey & Company, Microsoft, Aditya Birla Group|
|-||-||Read More||Read More||Read More|
IIM Indore Scholarships
The need based financial aid (NBFA) at IIM Indore is offered to those students requiring financial backing. This scheme has been functional since 2004. There is also a provision for merit based scholarship. Some more details are as follows:
|Name of Scholarship||Value of Scholarship||Offered by|
|State Bank of India Scholarship||INR 1,50,000||State Bank of India|
|Eicher Scholarship||INR 50,000||Eicher Motors Ltd.|
Apart from this, various awards and medals are also provided to students by IIM Indore.
Read more: IIM Indore Scholarships
IIM Indore Alumni
IIM Indore has great a great alumni network with 235 working in Media and Communication. Some of the prominent alumni of the institute are:
- Siddharth Kasushal (PGP 2007-2009 batch) is the District Superintendent of Police (SP). He is the first police officer from Andhra Pradesh to receive the ‘7th G Files Governance Award 2019’.
- Anita Sharma (FPM 2016 Batch) is honoured by with the Positive Health Award for her initiative known as Drive on My Own: a car driving solution for people with less mobility.
- Altamash Aslam (PGP 2015) and Kartik Sudarshan (PGP 2009) are the Brand Managers of some of the Hit Reality Shows like The Kapil Sharma Show, KBC, Indian Idol, etc. They have been recently awarded for marketing campign o KBC 2017.
- Hussain Haidry (PGDM) is a Poet, Writer and Lyricist. He has even written lyrics for Indian Cinema.
The following Alumni of IIM Indore have their own startups
- Mudit Consul (PGP 2005) – Life & Pursuits
- Harshmeet Arora and Abhishek Menon have their own starts ups – VOW CarClinic
At present, 191 alumni are working in ICICI Bank, 189 in Cognizant, 143 in TCS, 125 in Accenture and 91 in Wipro Limited.
Ques. Does IIM Indore offer any certificate programmes?
Ans. IIM Indore has recently introduced 2 online programs namely, Certificate Programme in Fintech & Financial Blockchain (CPFFB) and Executive Programme in Digital Transformation (EPDT) in collaboration with TSW Times Professional Learning. The institute launched these programs in order to implement the digital transformation.
Ques. Which programmes at IIM Indore are residential?
Ans. Both PGP, IPM and EPGP are residential programs offered at IIM Indore. Thus, applicants are specifically required to stay on campus while pursuing these programmes.
Ques. How are the hostel facilities at IIM Indore?
Ans. IIM Indore Hostel facilities for students are separately located blocks for male and female students. The rooms are fully equipped with all the necessary amenities like bed, mattress, table, chair, and a large wardrobe for every student. A LAN port is provided for internet connectivity in every room. Every room has attached washrooms and a balcony.
Ques. What is international module in IIM Indore EPGP?
Ans. The applicants pursuing EPGP at IIM Indore are required to visit an international B-school to complete the degree. It is a mandatory exercise for the award of an EPGP degree.
Ques. How are the Summer Internships of IIM Indore?
Ans. The key statistics of recent IIM Indore Summer Internships are as follows:
|IIM Indore Summer Internship Statistics (Batch 2019-21)|
|Total Students||MBA: 479 | Dual MBA: 110|
|Gender Diversity||56% males | 44% females|
|Average Work Experience||23 months|
|Highest Stipend||INR 4 Lakhs|
|Highest Sector Wise Placement||FMCG: 19%|
|Domain Wise Highest Placement||Sales & Management: 31%|
For more elaborate information, check: IIM Indore Placement
Ques. What is IIM Indore CAT Cut off scenario?
Ans. The minimum CAT cut off to be eligible for MBA admission process trends to same for last 2 years. The Overall minimum Cut off is 90 and sectional cut off is 80. However, the actual cut off percentile of IIM Indore is between 96-98.
Ques. What is Highest CTC at IIM Indore?
Ans. The Highest Domestic CTC of PGP Batch is INR 41.5 LPA while Highest International CTC is INR 56.8 LPA in academic year 2020-21. For EPGP Batch at IIM Indore, the Highest CTC recorded for 2019-20 batch was INR 80 LPA with more than 70 companies participating. The institute has not released 2021 placement data for EPGP batch yet.
Ques. What is IIM Indore IPM intake strength?
Ans. The admission to IPM course at IIM Indore is offered for 150 seats for Indian national Candidates. After IPMAT, candidates are shortlisted for Written Ability Test (WAT) & Personal Interview (PI). Know More about IIM Indore IPM
Ques. How many clubs are there at IIM Indore?
Ans. IIM Indore has separate clubs for different course students. As for PGP Students, there are Active Club and Interest Club. Similarly, IPM students have 4 clubs such as:
- Activity Club
- Entrepreneurship Cell
- Social Club
- Special Interest Groups
Ques. What are major events at IIM Indore?
Ans. IIM Indore conducts 5 events annually that include cultural, management and literary fest named Atharv, i5 summit, Ranbhoomi (Annual National Level Sports Festival), UDAAN, and Utsaha.
Ques. Is IIM Indore worth in terms of Ranking?
Ans. IIM Indore secures global in 2021 in FTA Global MBA Ranking and QS Global MBA Ranking. In QS Global MBA Ranking , institute is #101 among 130 global institutes. Outlook India ICARE 2021 ranks IIM Indore at 5th position among top 100 public MBA institutes.