Jharkhand Rai University Introduces BBA Logistics Program from 2020-21
Jharkhand Rai University (JRU), Ranchi has newly introduced the BBA Logistics program, the registration process for which will begin in the academic year of 2020.
JRU has launched this 3-year BBA in Logistics course, signing an MOU with the Logistics Sector Skill Council (LSSC). The course will be provided in association with the Ministry of Higher Education (MHRD) and the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE).
BBA in Logistics is a full-time employment program and 10+2 students can apply for it. Students will receive final placement ensured by the Logistics Skills Council, Government of India.
BBA in Logistics: Course Highlights
Name of Course
Jharkhand Rai University
Union Ministry of Higher Education (MHRD)
Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE)
10+2 (From a Recognized Board)
JRU’s BBA Logistics: How Students Can Benefit?
- BBA in Logistics from JRU is offered in association with Union Ministry of Higher Education (MHRD) and Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE).
- Students will receive 3 semesters, i.e., 18 months of on-job industrial training during the course.
- Students will get an opportunity to earn a monthly stipend of up to INR 9000.
- Final placements for BBA Logistics batch is assured by Logistics Skill Council, Govt. of India.
- With 18 months of industry experience, students will receive a Certificate of Apprenticeship.
- The entire spell of the apprenticeship will add to the skill base, attitude development and shape students to be industry-ready.
BBA Logistics: Course Overview
The programme will shape a student’s intellectual ability and management skills through a blend of theoretical concepts and hands-on learning experience.
After successful completion of the programs, students will turn into logistics and supply chain management professionals. The curriculum is developed by the LSC to impart industry-relevant technical knowledge and enhance employability.
In order to address the skill gap in the logistics sector, JRU has inked a MOU to bridge this gap and create opportunity for students. 60% of the programme component will contribute to on-the Job Training in the form of industry apprenticeship during every even semester.
BBA Logistics by JRU: Scope
Considering 2020 industry figures, the total value of Indian Logistics sector is 215 billion USD, contributing a total of 14% to the GDP of the country. Among this, 54% are employed in passenger roadways segment, 35% in road freight while remaining are in passenger railways, freight forwarding, warehousing, packaging and other services.
Students of this apprenticeship-based UG Degree Programme will be facilitated by LSC. Students will be placed in companies enlisted in the General Council of LSC. To name a few, the top mentor companies associated with LSC are as follows:
- ADANI Kattupalli & Ennore Ports
- Balmer Lawrie & Co Ltd
- Indo Space
- Spot On
- TVS Logistics Services Ltd.
- Updater Services Pvt Ltd