BBA Logistics Management is a 3-year undergraduate course in management that deals with the activities that are related to the planning, execution and control of the smooth and consistent flow of goods.
Students who have opted for commerce at the 10+2 level with Mathematics as a core subject are eligible to apply for admission to BBA Logistics Management Course. Candidates must also have obtained a minimum aggregate of 50%.
Almost all top institutes in the country admit students to BBA Logistics Management on the basis of entrance exams like CUCET, IPU CET, AIMA UGAT, SET etc. However, some institutes also provide direct admissions on the basis of candidate’s marks in 10+2.
Indian Maritime University, Sharda University, UPES Dehradun are some of the top colleges in India offering BBA Logistics Management. The average course fee of BBA Logistics Management ranges from INR 5,000 - INR 5,00,000 depending upon the type of institute.
The subjects taught during the course include Basis of Logistics Management, Basics of Marketing Management, Basics of Supply Chain Service Management, Basics of Supply Chain Risk Management etc.
BBA Logistics Management graduates are hired in various public and private organizations, Shipping Companies, Ports and Harbours, Air, Rail and Road Transportation firms, Logistics Companies as Logistic Manager, Supply Chain Planning Manager, Inventory Control Manager, Warehouse Manager etc.
The average salary of BBA Logistics Management fresh graduates usually ranges between INR 3 LPA - INR 10 LPA. FedEx Express, TSCS India Pvt Ltd, Transport Corporation Of India Ltd, Sical Logistics Ltd, First Flight Couriers Ltd are a few recruiters of BBA Logistics Management graduates.
BBA Logistics Management: Course Highlights
|Full-Form||Bachelor of Business Administration in Logistics Management|
|Eligibility||10+2 from a recognised board with mathematics or science as core subjects|
|Admission Criteria||Merit or Entrance Based|
|Course Fee||INR 5,000 - INR 5,00,000|
|Average Salary||INR 3 LPA - INR 10 LPA|
|Top Recruiters||Larsen & Toubro Ltd, Anchor Electricals, Biomax Fuels Ltd., Accenture, Nokia, Toyota, Procter & Gamble, Safexpress Logistics, DTDC Supply Chain, Blue Dart Express Ltd, Agarwal Packers & Movers Ltd|
|Job Positions||Export Executive, Export Sales Coordinator, Shipping Coordinator, Warehouse Supervisor, Operations Manager Expeditor, Logistics Coordinator, Distribution Center Officer, Purchasing Manager, Import & Export Agent, Production Manager etc|
|Employment Areas||Shipping Companies, Ports and Harbours, Air, Rail and Road Transportation Firms, Logistics Companies, MNCs and Business Houses, Consultation Agencies, Import-Export Firms etc|
BBA Logistics Management: Admission Process
Admissions to BBA Logistics Management are either based on merit or entrance exam scores. Some private institutes conduct their own examinations or rely on the national/ state level entrance exams.
- Candidates are first required to fill the application forms of the particular institutes.
- Candidates applying to institutes providing entrance based admissions need to appear for entrance exams too.
- The institutes will release merit lists either based on candidate’s rank in entrance exam or performance in 10+2 level.
- Candidates shortlisted will be required to appear for counselling or document verification rounds to secure their seats in the program.
Check: BBA Admissions 2021
BBA Logistics Management: Eligibility Criteria
The detailed eligibility criteria for BBA Logistics Management is as follows:
- Candidates must have cleared their 10+2 examinations with mathematics or commerce as core subjects.
- The qualifying aggregate score required in 10+2 level is at least 50% and above.
- Candidates with 10+2 in Accounts, Math, Economics and Business Studies as main subjects are also eligible to apply.
BBA Logistics Management: Entrance Exams
|Entrance Exam||Application Form Last Date||Exam Date|
|DU JAT||April 2021||June 2021|
|IPMAT||4 May 2021||12 June 2021|
|AIMA UGAT||June 12, 2021||June 19, 2021|
|IPU CET||4th week of March 2021||4th week of April 2021 - 1st week of May 2021|
Know More: BBA Entrance Exams in India
BBA Logistics Management: Tips to Clear Entrance Exams
Below mentioned are some of the useful tips to help candidates in preparing for the entrance exams:
- Analyze the question paper thoroughly: Understanding the sections of the entrance test will give you a better understanding of the areas that you are good at and the ones that you specifically need to work on.
- Study according to the weightage: Since there are different sections, there are different marks that are assigned to each. Based on your analysis, you can decide which sections have more weightage and hence require more attention and study.
- Mock test: Once you have understood and analyzed the sections, you should start attempting the mock papers.
- Make quick notes for revision: Use sticky notes and quick notes for final revision. All the rules, formulas and tips should be listed together and displayed so that you can see it everyday.
- Avoid last-minute revision: You must plan your studies well on time and a day before your examination, you must relax, get enough sleep and eat healthy food.
- Keeping updated with examination and related events: In the midst of all this, you should keep yourself updated regarding announcement of examinations.
- Practice stress-busting activities: It is important to plan your day in such a way that you have enough time to unwind which can include activities like cycling, exercising, reading, listening to music, gardening or anything that you love doing.
BBA Logistics Management: Tips to get the Best College
India has an array of great BBA colleges and with a little research, you can secure admission in a good one. Here are some of the the tips that you can follow:
- Arrange for a virtual tour of the college: Since everything has shifted online in custody of COVID, a lot of colleges have an option of ‘virtual tours’ on their website. This allows the prospective students to get a feel of the campus, without actually being there. You may also refer to our website to get a comprehensive report about the college that interests you.
- Ask for advice and feedback: You can contact the alumni or the people who are currently studying in the college. This gives you a fair idea about the real-life situations and the overall impression of the college.
- Dates and deadlines: It is of utmost importance that you keep an eye on the admission dates, entrance examination dates, date for submitting the documents, etc. Missing these dates and deadlines can lower your chance of getting admission in a good college.
- Early application: Once you are aware of the dates, you should apply accordingly. In fact, one must apply as soon as possible. Late applications don’t leave a good impression.
- Fill the form carefully: The application form should be filled out meticulously. All the documents that are required should be kept ready (hard and soft copies). Errors in filling the form or delay in submitting the documents may hamper the admission process.
BBA Logistics Management: What is it About?
- Logistics Management is the study of principles of management and admission to make the logistics operations, as seamless as possible. It deals with the activities related to planning, executing and controlling seamless flow.
- Along with this, the course also deals with the storage of goods, services and other related information between source and destination.
- BBA Logistics Management is rooted in management skills and principles and is a fast-emerging industry. With the tertiary sector gaining ground by the day, the services have become vivid, leading to the boom in logistics.
- For the candidates with strong problem-solving and analytical skills, BBA Logistics Management is a good career choice. It also works best for candidates that can work in schedules with tight deadlines and have the ability to deal with the pressure of the same.
- BBA Logistics Management is a field with growing scope and lucrative salary packages and opens ample opportunities in private and corporate sectors.
BBA Logistics Management: Course Advantages
- The Times of India has named Logistics Management as the upcoming booming industry as almost every company deals with the management of goods. BBA Logistics Management trains the students in the responsibilities of procuring, storage and dispatching of goods.
- On completing the course, candidates get lucrative annual packages that range between INR 3 LPA - INR 10 LPA.
- There are a variety of industries that hire graduates from BBA Logistics Management including telecom industry, insurance industry, banking and finance sector, e-commerce and operations among others.
- Since Logistics Management is an upcoming field, there are a lot of job opportunities that are coming up. Some of these include Operations Manager, Shipping Coordinator, Warehouse Supervisor, etc.
- The fees of this course ranges from INR 5,000 - INR 5,00,000 which is affordable when one looks at the packages that are offered.
BBA Logistics Management Course Comparison
Below tabulated is the comparison between BBA Logistics Management and BBA Supply Chain Management to help students choose the best course for them:
|Parameters||BBA Logistics Management||BBA Supply Chain Management|
|Name of the Course||Bachelor of Business Administration in Logistics Management||Bachelor of Business Administration in Supply Chain Management|
|Overview||BBA Logistics Management focuses on the activities that are related to planning, execution and control of the smooth flow of goods.||BBA Supply Chain Management focuses on the management of the freight/ supply-related business administration and several aspects of shipping|
|Duration||3 Years||3 Years|
|Eligibility||10+2 with Commerce and minimum 50% marks||10+2 with commerce and minimum 50% marks|
|Admission Criteria||Merit or Entrance Based||Merit or Entrance Based|
|Average Course Fees||INR 5,000 - INR 5,00,000||INR 20,000 - INR 7,00,000|
|Average Salary||INR 3 LPA - INR 10 LPA||INR 2 LPA - INR 10 LPA|
|Job Profiles||Export Executive, Export Sales Coordinator, Shipping Coordinator, Warehouse Supervisor, Operations Manager, Expeditor etc||Warehouse Supervisors, Shipping Coordinator, Operations Manager, Export Sales Coordinator, Export Executive, Logistics Coordinator etc|
|Top Recruiters||Larsen & Toubro Ltd, Anchor Electricals, Biomax Fuels Ltd., Accenture, Nokia, Toyota, Procter & Gamble, DTDC Supply Chain etc||Career Vision, DIJK Innovations Pvt. Ltd, Titan Company Limited, CRPL Limited, Chumbak Design Pvt. Ltd. etc|
BBA Logistics Management: Top Colleges
|Name of College/ University||Average Fee|
|University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun||INR 8,41,500|
|GITAM Institute of Management, Visakhapatnam||INR 1,30,000|
|Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science, Chennai||INR 92,500|
|Jagannath University, Jaipur||INR 75,000|
|Ganpat University, Mehsana||INR 70,000|
|Indian Maritime University, Chennai||INR 1,00,000|
|Yenepoya University, Mangalore||INR 95,000|
|Jharkhand Rai University, Ranchi||INR 1,15,000|
Read More: Top BBA Colleges in India
BBA Logistics Management: College Comparison
|Parameters||Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science, Chennai||Indian Maritime University, Chennai|
|Overview||HITS Chennai is a deemed university established in 1985. The institute is COA, UGC, NBA, AIU approved and NAAC accredited which offers UG and PG courses in various disciplines.||IMU Chennai is a central university established in 2008. The institute is UGC approved which offers various UG and PG courses across different disciplines.|
|Location||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||Chennai, Tamil Nadu|
|Eligibility||10+2 or equivalent from a recognized board.||10+2 with 60% aggregate marks from a recognized institute.|
|Admission Criteria||Merit based||Entrance based|
|Course Fee||INR 92,500||INR 1,00,000|
BBA Logistics Management: Syllabus
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Business Communication I||Business Communication II|
|Micro Economics||Macro Economics|
|Fundamentals of Management||Managerial Mathematics and Statistics|
|Business Accounting I||Business Accounting II|
|Principles of Logistics||Marketing Management (With Experiential Learning)|
|Indian Constitution & Environmental Studies||Supply Chain Management|
|Employability skill development 1||Employability skill development II|
|Workshop on Indian Company analysis & Corporate social responsibility||Soft skill training and International company analysis|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Financial Management||Operations Research|
|Management Information Systems||E-Business|
|Corporate Accounting||Company Law|
|Business Law||Global Business Management|
|Domestics & International Logistics Management||Inventory & Warehousing Management (With experiential learning)|
|Product and operation management||Procurement and Supply management|
|Cyber law and security analysis||Retail management|
|Leadership attitude and industry analysis||Intellectual property rights|
|-||Business project Development|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|Cost Accounting||Industry Internship|
|Business Research Methods||Dissertation|
|Business Strategy and management||Viva-voce|
|International Trade law||-|
BBA Logistics Management: Recommended Books
|Name of the Book||Author|
|Logistics and Supply Chain Management||Martin Christopher|
|Logistics Management and Strategy: Competing through the Supply Chain||Alan Harrison and Remko Van Hoek|
|Supply Chain Logistics Management||Donald Bowersox|
|Global Logistics and Supply Chain Management||Wiley|
|Logistics and Supply Chain Management||Martin Christopher|
|The Handbook of Logistics and Distribution Management||Phil Croucher, Alan Rushton|
BBA Logistics Management: Job Prospects
BBA Logistics Management graduates are employed in sectors of telecom, insurance, banking and finance, e-commerce, etc. The salary trend graph of such graduates is depicted below:
Following are some of the top job profiles that can be pursued by graduates of BBA Logistics Management:
|Job Title||Job Description||Average Salary|
|Shipping Coordinator||Prepare and process products for shipments. Also responsible for keeping records of shipments and deciding delivery service of each order||INR 4,75,000|
|Warehouse Supervisor||Responsible for incoming and outgoing product of a particular warehouse||INR 2,50,913|
|Operations Manager||Oversee the departments like purchasing, warehousing and manufacturing. Also ensures that the company’s operations run smoothly||INR 7,76,239|
|Expeditor||Maintain stock levels. Also receive and verify purchase orders||INR 11,25,000|
|Logistics Coordinator||Recommend optimal shipping options and coordinate with vendors. Also lead weekly logistics status meetings to inform stakeholders||INR 3,27,093|
BBA Logistics Management: Future Scope
- After pursuing BBA Logistics Management, graduates have the option to either take up jobs or continue further education in their specialization.
- Pursuing BBA Logistics Management opens up prospects like Shipping Coordinator, Warehouse Supervisor, Operations Manager, Expeditor, Logistics Coordinator etc.
- Candidates can pursue MBA Logistics and Supply Chain Management, since the fields are closely related.
- Candidates can also go for PGDM course.
BBA Logistics Management: FAQs
Ques. What documents are required for admission to BBA in Logistics Management?
Ques. What master programs are available after BBA in the Logistics Management program?
Ques. What are the top colleges for BBA in Logistics Management?
Ques. What is the work of a Logistics Coordinator?
Ques. What should be done after completion of the BBA Logistics Management?
Ques. What is the highest paying job profile after competition of BBA Logistics Management?