Manipal Institute of Technology is all set to organise the Smart India Hackathon, 2020 as it has been selected as a nodal centre for hosting this event.
The Ministry of Human Resource Development’s Innovation Cell and All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) have joined hands to organise this national conference along with Manipal Institute of Technology.
Check Here: Manipal Institute of Technology Admissions 2020
Smart India Hackathon 2020: What is it all about?
Smart India Hackathon 2020 is a national level initiative to provide a platform to the students and solve pressing daily life problems. This is to introduce a culture of innovation and invoke problem-solving skills.
It is conducted every year since 2017 in two formats such as SIH Software and SIH Hardware Editions. Students, industry representatives and mentors, congregating at assigned nodal centres, participate in this event.
This year, the event has been organised in an online mode for a seamless execution on account of the COVID- 19 pandemic, which has restricted movements and public gatherings.
Highlights of the Event
- The event will be centrally inaugurated in New Delhi by the HRD Minister and Minister of State for HRD.
- The Hon’ble Prime Minister will have a word with students on August 1, 2020.
- A total of 23 teams comprising 138 participants shall be competing against 6 problem statements provided by 3 organizations.
- Manipal Institute of Technology will host problem statements mentioned by BEML Limited, Bharat Electronics Limited, NCR Corporation (India) Private Limited.
- For every problem statement, a winning amount worth Rs. 1 lakh is attached.
As per the regulations of 2020, a team of experts from ministries and organizations will closely monitor each student innovator’s performance. Based on which, funding options for such innovations, offers for internship and jobs will be granted.