Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies has started conducting its annual management entrance test to offer admission to candidates in some of the courses offered by the college. The exam which started from November 4 2020 and will last till December 30 2020, has garnered mixed reviews from all the concerned students who appeared this year. The paper analysis will eventually help the candidate to understand the difficulty level of the examination, topics that are focused on this year and the weightage of marks in each of the subjects accordingly.
NMAT 2020 First week Exam Analysis
- The first week was from moderate level to slight on the tougher side.
- The Quantitative skill part was the toughest segment of all, as faced by most of the candidates.
- Language skill part was moderate, with the areas of scoring open for all the aspirants.
- Surprisingly the Logical Reasoning section was the easiest of all with the candidate getting ample scoring opportunity, in fact most of the candidates secured from 80-90 marks in that section.
NMAT 2020 Analysis Topic Wise section
|Section||Number of Questions||Score Range||Duration|
|Quantitative Skills||36||120||50 minutes|
|Logical Reasoning||36||120||40 minutes|
|Language skill||36||120||30 minutes|
The candidate should look at the topic wise marks division so as to get a clear idea about the weightage of marks they have to score eventually. They should keep in mind that the level of difficulty will range from week to week concerned. So, it is advised to focus on every concept, every topic and solve mock tests and revise thoroughly.
NMAT 2020 Analysis Section Overview
- According to the students and the experts, NMAT 2020 Analysis suggests the questions of Quantitative Skills section was toughest as compared to the other two sections.
- There was domination of 36 questions in this section in the first week, from the topics which range from Mathematics, Data Interpretation and Data sufficiency.
- The section for the first week was dominated by 12 questions from the DI area followed by 10 questions from the Arithmetic section and 7 questions from Modern Maths section.
Comparatively unlike the previous year there were no questions from Geometry and Algebra as such.
- NMAT 2020 first week analysis suggests the Language Skills section to be of moderate to tough.
- The Reading Comprehension part was lengthy as compared to the previous year paper with the word count being more than 550-600 words. According to the concerned candidates they found it difficult to connect with the question in the first place. Thus, reading again and again could take a lot of time with the candidate just granted 120 minutes on the clock.
- The topics of Reading Comprehension passages were − “Education System in the Country’, 'Economics' and ‘Art Installation.’ But note it can also concern some other topics of national importance. Thus, reading newspapers is highly suggested.
- Rest of the questions in this section were easy and based on vocabulary and grammar concepts.
- The section also included spotting the error in the underlined parts of a sentence, fill in the blanks, jumbled paragraphs, word analogies, synonyms, antonyms and meaning of the phrase. These areas are supposed to attain marks to the candidate if focused and answered clearly.
- NMAT 2020 First week had candidates getting on the easier side as the question were easier as compared to the previous year.
- The section had in total 18 questions from Verbal Reasoning to Non-Verbal Reasoning.
- The section had a combination of 8 questions of sequential output, 2 questions from Venn Diagram and few questions from Logical and Numerical Puzzle.
- The verbal reasoning section had questions pertaining to implicit statement, Strong/weak argument, Course of action, Decision making and Logical Consistency.