TS EAMCET 2020: Toppers Choose National Institutes over the State
The result of the Telangana Engineering, Agriculture & Medical Common Entrance Test (TS EAMCET) 2020 has been released on October 6.
Hailing from Hyderabad, Sai Teja Varanasi bagged the first position with an impressive score of 147.29 in the Engineering stream.
Kapelli Yashwanth Sai and Thammanaboina Mani Venkata Krishna from Andhra Pradesh secured the second and third spots respectively.
After the result was released on October 6, 2020, instead of joining State institutes on the basis of their TS EAMCET 2020 score, most of the toppers prefer joining National Institutes as per their ranks in the Joint Entrance Examination 2020.
As per the statements from the Toppers, they are really looking forward to joining eminent National Institutes like IITs, choosing specializations mainly from engineering streams.
With no exception in TS EAMCET 2020, this trend has been followed consistently in the near past years also.
TS EAMCET 2020: Exam Highlights
- Telangana EAMCET 2020 was conducted from September 9-13, 2020 across the state.
- A total number of 1,19,183 students appeared for the test.
- 89,734 candidates have successfully qualified the test and secured a score in the merit list.
- The qualifying percentage of students in 2020 has been 75.29%, decreasing by up to 7.12% from 82.41% in 2019.
- The top 10 positions have been secured by Telangana and Andhra Pradesh students, securing five positions each.
- 1607 candidates from the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) and 114 candidates from the Indian School Certificate Board (ISC) have qualified in TS EAMCET 2020.
- This year, female candidates have failed to secure their position in the top 10, Earavelly Sri Harshitha being the first girl candidate securing 11th position with 136.63 score.
Keeping in mind the special COVID-19 scenario, this year, the candidates who missed the exam will be allowed to sit for the TS EAMCET 2020 on October 8, 2020.
The last date to apply for this special category was October 5,2020.